Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chromatic posted:

ok i'm 5 minutes in and i don't know if i want to finish this poo poo

http://i.imgur.com/uWPeWx4.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/RNUfIQv.gifv
Is this the game that got Greg Robinson fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh, longing for heartbreak? now do 2013

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Eli Wiggum posted:

Is this the game that got Greg Robinson fired

yes

i'm skipping around now. 3rd and 8. the best chance the defense has to stop manning in 3 quarters and this happens

:siren: 100% uncut chiefs playoff football :siren:

https://youtu.be/7ncUa5U_CNM?t=5036

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

:siren: 100% uncut chiefs playoff football :siren:

https://youtu.be/7ncUa5U_CNM?t=5036

Oh god Eric Hicks is in this clip. He actually wasn't the worst player in the world, but I cannot think of anything about his career other than crashing down inside every . single . time when whoever was the Broncos quarterback would be bootlegging out into space where he'd have like a minute and a half to either throw the ball or run for 15 yards.

It was probably coaching and not actually his fault but holy poo poo did I hate watching this happen.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Greg Robinson's scheme is notorious for being needlessly complex. While neither defense was anything like the 2015 Broncos, the fact that the '97 and '98 Broncos defenses managed to preserve Super Bowl wins is a testament to the talent on both squads that had to execute a such a dogshit scheme. Of course, you can argue that the offense (especially in '98) gave the defense a lot of leeway to make mistakes since they would jump out to huge leads early, but that offense on the 2003 Chiefs was pretty drat good too.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The defense had something like 35+ turnovers that year, which allowed the offense to completely out muscle defenses. Once those dried up 3/4s of the way through the year, it became a toss-up on how the game would go.

Chiefs never had a chance to make a run that year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Actually now that you mention it, Robinson' defenses were also known for creating turnovers since his scheme was so high-risk/high-reward

What was Kansas City's defensive line like that year? Because that is the one x-factor I can think of w/r/t why the Broncos thrived in '97 and '98

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

What was Kansas City's defensive line like that year? Because that is the one x-factor I can think of w/r/t why the Broncos thrived in '97 and '98

Terrible interior play, sort of half assed competent on the ends.

As much as I'd like to hate on Robinson (and believe me I hate him), I have to admit there wasn't much talent to work with on those KC defenses. Scott Fujita and Vonnie Holiday were the best players on that defense, and both of them actually made their names somewhere else and were just kind of there in KC. Well I thought Fujita got a raw deal at the time and should have been re-signed, but Vonnie just didn't do much as a Chief.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
apparently the guy who led the investigation on ray rice is now the special counsel investigating trump.

hopefully he can take brady down for treason with him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/865071870319755264

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Why plead guilty? He's an expert at getting off

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Why plead guilty? He's an expert at getting off

Booooooooooo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My other joke about masturbator man is this: why plead guilty when he touched The penis during the ballgame. That's pretty good so don't plead it at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

What exactly is the crime here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chromatic posted:

ok i'm 5 minutes in and i don't know if i want to finish this poo poo

http://i.imgur.com/uWPeWx4.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/RNUfIQv.gifv

I was at this stupid loving game, screaming myself into a migraine. gently caress Peyton Manning he was a surgeon that day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The one game in which Scifres couldn't have defeated Peyton Manning

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In this long, dark offseason, I've been looking at random football stuff on Youtube, and found Justin Tuck telling a pretty decent story about Larry Allen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbKTzqsq9s

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

apparently the guy who led the investigation on ray rice is now the special counsel investigating trump.

hopefully he can take brady down for treason with him.

You should follow the D and D thread. There is so much crazy news happening so fast every day is like a Sunday GDT

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's bad advice, do not do that to yourself

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's actually good if you ignore the multitude of bad posters and just read the tweets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The C-Spam thread is better.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DND is sort of SERIOUS PEOPLE TALKING SERIOUS THINGS

CSPAM is "Hey man, pass the weed"

And yes, CSPAM is better.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You should follow the D and D thread. There is so much crazy news happening so fast every day is like a Sunday GDT

Please, for the love of God, do not use SA as your primary news source for anything except dumb bloodsports

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Subscribe to the Washington Post.

They have been doing some serious goddamn work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's actually good if you ignore the multitude of bad posters and just read the tweets.

I don't even have the time to do anything but scan for tweets/story links.

the thread had 500 posts between 1:00am and 9:00am

GaussianCopula posted:

Please, for the love of God, do not use SA as your primary news source for anything except dumb bloodsports

The Donald Trump GDT is just a news aggregator at this point.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 18, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

whiteyfats posted:

In this long, dark offseason, I've been looking at random football stuff on Youtube, and found Justin Tuck telling a pretty decent story about Larry Allen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbKTzqsq9s

Thanks for sharing this. My favorite Larry Allen moment was getting in the face of a scrub kicker at the end of this video https://youtu.be/VVhkb4kDN_U

Includes a mythical Drew Bledsoe rushing TD!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I don't even have the time to do anything but scan for tweets/story links.

the thread had 500 posts between 1:00am and 9:00am

The Donald Trump GDT is just a news aggregator at this point.

There's too much poo poo going on to read it elsewhere, something 3 hours old is not considered current. It's a feeding frenzy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

White nationalist telling us where to get our news from.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/865213386933510144

Says Kelvin as he stuffs another piece of cake in his face.

Boulware better keep an eye on those Lunchables. He'll have a case full with all the desserts missing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There's too much poo poo going on to read it elsewhere, something 3 hours old is not considered current. It's a feeding frenzy.

I read a twitter joke that was the same as one made about 24 hours prior about people being caught jumping the WH fence.

Someone in the thread called it out, and the response to the callout was basically, "That was 19 news cycles ago"

The pace of reporting right now is loving bonkers. The NYT and WaPo both broke the "most concurrent readers" record for two different stories on the same loving day. Fox has slipped to 3rd rated news network largely due to their refusal to cover any of this poo poo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I read a twitter joke that was the same as one made about 24 hours prior about people being caught jumping the WH fence.

Someone in the thread called it out, and the response to the callout was basically, "That was 19 news cycles ago"

The pace of reporting right now is loving bonkers. The NYT and WaPo both broke the "most concurrent readers" record for two different stories on the same loving day. Fox has slipped to 3rd rated news network largely due to their refusal to cover any of this poo poo.

I've never seen anything quite like it. Anyway we should probably shut up about it in this thread and get back to football.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Edit: ^^ Fair enough.

Chilichimp posted:

If this dumb scandal ruins Fox News' credibility for the average non crazy person, I will need to send Trump a loving gift basket or something. Because he did something I thought would be impossible.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Would you recommend stormfront or breitbart, I can't choose.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Anytime I've checked DnD (in regards to this election/Trump) it seems to be overloaded with extreme hyperbole.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Diqnol posted:

Would you recommend stormfront or breitbart, I can't choose.

Neither.

I'd recommed WSJ, FT, NYT and Politico as a starting place.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wapo is nuts.

If you have amazon prime, which you can get a year of for free with a student ID, your first six months are free.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WSJ is owned by News Corp, mind you. Same people who own Fox News. Their editorial board is very right wing at this point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

Edit: ^^ Fair enough.

If this dumb scandal ruins Fox News' credibility for the average non crazy person, I will need to send Trump a loving gift basket or something. Because he did something I thought would be impossible.

Fox News already lost its credibility when they counted out Touchdown Tom

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806443

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite news is burying my head in the sand

• Locked thread