Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's not even noon and i feel like today should be turned into a 30 for 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
faaaaaarts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh my god, I just realized that Lili from blazing saddles is Mrs. White from Clue.

Madeline Kahn is amazing.

Also Clue is a truly great movie and actually has an ending, and two extra endings to make up for Blazing Saddles and The Holy Grail.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Flynn isn't honoring the subpoena

:stonklol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Leperflesh posted:

and the worst part is, just like with Python's holy grail, the film just breaks the fourth wall instead of bothering to have an ending.

I believe you'll find that Bart does in fact defeat Hedy Lamarr and ride off into the sunset with the Waco Kid

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

Lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Oh my god, I just realized that Lili from blazing saddles is Mrs. White from Clue.

Also Clue is a truly great movie and actually has an ending, and two extra endings to make up for Blazing Saddles and The Holy Grail.

She was also Elizabeth in young Frankenstein.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

Isn't this, like, automatic jail time?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Roger Ailes died, lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t1-yCCwdlQ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Roger Ailes died, lol

The real tragedy is that he ever lived

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

All we need now is for Putin to moon some US journalists and it'll have been a perfect day

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

No. In a court, a judge can find you in contempt for refusing a court order. Congress likely has total discretion as to what to do about it, ranging from ignoring it to finding him in contempt. Contempt can be punished with jail, but isn't necessarily.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

The best part of blazing saddles is that the jokes are racist enough that nerds don't endlessly requote them at each other like the Python films. Great movie.

Um excuse me whenever I enter a room I say "where all the white women at?"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quiet Feet posted:

It's a Congressional subpoena. The committee has to vote to issue a citation for ignoring it. And then the Senate would have to vote in favor of it, and then they'd pass it on the the U.S. Attorney's office who would charge them in a federal court. It rarely happens.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

I re-enact the bell scene whenever I hear about David Clarke

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

The best part of the multiple Clue endings is that when the movie came out it only had one of the three endings. This being pre-internet, that meant you could see the movie in one theater, a friend see it in another and the two of you would be very confused while discussing the movie.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's a Congressional subpoena. The committee has to vote to issue a citation for ignoring it. And then the Senate would have to vote in favor of it, and then they'd pass it on the the U.S. Attorney's office who would charge them in a federal court. It rarely happens.

That's pretty bullshit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress

They can directly arrest someone for contempt.

quote:

Inherent contempt
Under this process, the procedure for holding a person in contempt involves only the chamber concerned. Following a contempt citation, the person cited is arrested by the Sergeant-at-Arms for the House or Senate, brought to the floor of the chamber, held to answer charges by the presiding officer, and then subjected to punishment as the chamber may dictate (usually imprisonment for punishment reasons, imprisonment for coercive effect, or release from the contempt citation).

e. Ah, that only lasts as long as congress is in session. But they don't have to refer to the senate...

quote:

Following a contempt citation, the presiding officer of the chamber is instructed to refer the matter to the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia;[15] according to the law it is the "duty" of the U.S. Attorney to refer the matter to a grand jury for action.

The criminal offense of "contempt of Congress" sets the penalty at not less than one month nor more than twelve months in jail and a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000.[16]

Looks to me like the House can directly refer to the US Attorney, without having to go through the Senate.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 18, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mueller is going to appear in Flynn's bedroom one night like Batman and scream "GIVE ME THE FILES. SWEAR TO ME"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I'm constantly interrupting my friends when they're talking with "Nevermind that poo poo. Here comes Mongo"

I don't have many friends anymore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Here's what will actually happen

"I am deeply troubled by this," a million times and they stick their heads back in the sand

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

"I am deeply troubled by this," a million times and they stick their heads back in the sand

Yes, because the Republicans control congress and thus all of the committees and subcommittees. This is why it's so important that we have Meuller's investigation. If he subpoenas those documents and Flynn refuses, Flynn is actually in trouble.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

When you nutted but she still sucking

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

The best part of the multiple Clue endings is that when the movie came out it only had one of the three endings. This being pre-internet, that meant you could see the movie in one theater, a friend see it in another and the two of you would be very confused while discussing the movie.

in that same vein, from dawn to dusk was advertised as a gritty crime drama. the vampire twist was a complete surprise.

Nov 6, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

e. Ah, that only lasts as long as congress is in session. But they don't have to refer to the senate...

Looks to me like the House can directly refer to the US Attorney, without having to go through the Senate.

The chamber that votes is the one which had the committee that issued the citation.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/03/do_you_have_to_testify_before_congress.html

And the Sergeant-at-Arms is a glorified doorman, not someone who's going to compel a witness to testify.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What in the hell is going on today

Nov 6, 2002

Michael Flynn was spotted fleeing the scene.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People emboldened by the recent "It's ok to mow down protesters who are blocking traffic" laws, only without the need for it to be protesters

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's the NYPost so you know they got the dead bodies.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

drunk kid from the bronx

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

drunk kid from the bronx

Or RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST let me just jump to conclusions here

BUILD THE WALL

T_D is amazing right now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol it was a drunk dude

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/...&pgtype=article

Nov 6, 2002

It's pretty amazing that it doesn't happen more often considering how jam packed that square is with people and how fast cars drive through it at times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's pretty amazing that it doesn't happen more often considering how jam packed that square is with people and how fast cars drive through it at times.

Remember that time in like 2002 when farmers markets turned into death traps

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Today my team at work is getting a special treat,friends......exclusive, catered cupcakes of the finest variety

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
somebody a bit back asked about martial arts movies and i'm hear to tell you about only the strong zoom zoom zoom

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Watch 36th Chamber of Shaolin

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/865220525756481536

My favorite tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Today my team at work is getting a special treat,friends......exclusive, catered cupcakes of the finest variety

Would you say that these cupcakes are.... artisanal?

• Locked thread