Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

power crystals posted:

Yes, I actually had to point out that we wound up owning the wrong ones vs the version offered over this exact difference.

Do I have the right ones listed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do I have the right ones listed?

Looks like you do (at least going by the link to your post from the OP). This was around the 2nd or 3rd Angolan op, I am like 90% sure your list didn't come until after that so you shouldn't have really had a way to get it wrong :).

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

odd that we have a variant that was never in service and only 8 planes produced instead of the multitude of standard SU-25 and SU-25K variants out there but oh well.

(I have a soft spot for cold war workhorses)

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 17, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We should just buy like 100 Antonovs and a bunch of TNT that we can shove out the back of them.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, any thoughts on Toontown? Given that I don't have CMANO myself, I can't actually game it out to see if there are any obvious flaws.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

The Sandman posted:

So, any thoughts on Toontown? Given that I don't have CMANO myself, I can't actually game it out to see if there are any obvious flaws.

The only tactical concern I have is wondering why you're using napalm on the Frogfoot. As to operational concerns, why press the Free State so heavily? It's one thing to fire on them if their Kfirs try to support their eastern offensive, it's quite another to go hunting for them over unsanitized areas like they're the Dictator's SA-11s.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Davin Valkri posted:

The only tactical concern I have is wondering why you're using napalm on the Frogfoot. As to operational concerns, why press the Free State so heavily? It's one thing to fire on them if their Kfirs try to support their eastern offensive, it's quite another to go hunting for them over unsanitized areas like they're the Dictator's SA-11s.

For the napalm, it's because it's the most likely thing to outright break the opposition between us and the Free State's lithium mine, letting us seize it before the ceasefire.

For the push against the Free State's aircraft, two reasons. First, it should keep them from getting any ideas about going after the bridges we need, as well as crippling their ability to support their troops in the field. Second, the President of Mitsubishi threatened to blackmail us, and therefore needs to be taught a lesson about why that was a serious mistake.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

The Sandman posted:

For the push against the Free State's aircraft, two reasons. First, it should keep them from getting any ideas about going after the bridges we need, as well as crippling their ability to support their troops in the field. Second, the President of Mitsubishi threatened to blackmail us, and therefore needs to be taught a lesson about why that was a serious mistake.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I thougjt those bridges were a lot closer south, near the capital. Wouldnt we want the CAP there so,we could intercept the Dictators planes if they sortie. He still has some SU-27 and SU-30s in play.

For the second point, I think you are way overestimating our hand here. Say we do down the SMARF planes, what are we expecting? The president to go "ah gee willikers Hired Goons, sorry I tried that, I'll shred the evidence now!"

We only have a limited window here, we need all assets over the capital so we can drive hard and fast. Sending a full group out east dosnt gain us much and puts our Capital group at risk if the Dictator sortiees or the Durandels dont knock out the airfield.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Owing a favor to Mitsubishi isnt bad, its a foot in the door to a higher tier of employer.

Keep it professional, finish the current mission, keep making money.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Operation Finest Hour
Name by Davin Valkri

OBJECTIVES

Eliminate Angolan hard points of resistance
Provide close air support to Count’s forces on their advance

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AND FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS

No aircraft are to fly to within 50nm of Luanda until the Golungo Alto radar site has been eliminated
No aircraft are to fly into the restricted area
Any AAF aircraft are to be engaged at the earliest possible opportunity
Only strictly military targets are to be engaged
If an SA-11 Gadfly battery is spotted, it is to only be engaged by aircraft with stand-off weaponry with a range longer than 30nm
Aircraft are not to go below 12000 feet AGL where possible

EMCOM

Unless otherwise specified, radars are to remain off
Shackleton Flight is to engage its radar once it reaches Point Leuchars
Mosquito Flight is to engage in OECM once it reaches Point Lympne

PREDEPLOYMENTS

Lysander Flight and Auster Flight are to be at Point Duxford

GENERAL TIMELINE OF OPERATIONS

1) At 0700, Shackleton Flight is to take off and fly to Point Leuchars
2) At 0700, Lysander Flight and Auster Flight are to follow the Count’s advance, spotting targets for aircraft waiting at Point Duxford
3) At 0702, Spitfire Flight is to take off and fly to Point Tangmere
4) At 0715, Hurricane Flight is to take off and fly to Point Kenley via Point Marham
5) At 0725, Kittyhawk Flight and Martlet Flight are to take off and fly to Point Pembrey
6) At 0730, Gladiator Flight are to take off and fly to Point Biggin Hill
7) At 0735, Mosquito Flight is to take off and fly to Point Lympne
8) At 0740, Meteor Flight, Whirlwind Flight, Defiant Flight, Firefly Flight, Tempest Flight, Beaufighter Flight, Havoc Flight and Fulmar Flight are to take off and to fly to Point Detling, whereupon they will begin targeting the enemy. As the front advances, Point Detling is to be moved further north. Point Detling is to remain 20nm behind the front line.
9) At 0800, Tristar Flight is to take off and fly to Point Lympne
10) At 0802, Valiant Flight is to take off and fly to Point Leuchars
11) Once Hurricane Flight reaches Point Kenley, it is to launch its Taurus missiles at the radar site near Calungo Alto.
12) Once aircraft are at Point Detland, they are to attack targets spotted by Lysander and Auster Flights, returning to base once out of ground ordinance.
13) Once Kittyhawk Flight reaches Point Pembrey, it is to engage the Southern Bridge Command
14) Once Martlet Flight reaches Point Pembrey, it is to engage the Northern Bridge command
15) Once Gladiator Flight reaches Point Biggin Hill, it is to engage Caboledo airfield
16) As the operation continues, aircraft that have expended their ordinance bar Whirlwind Flight, Hurricane Flight and Fulmar Flight are to return to Benguela to rearm and rejoin the taxi rank at Point Hurricane. Whirlwind Flight is to RTB. Hurricane Flight and Fulmar Flight are to remain on station as CAP.
17) After expending their ordinance, Hurricane, Kittyhawk, Martlet and Gladiator Flights are to return to Benguela to rearm and join the taxi rank at Point Detling

Shackleton Flight
1x Saab S100B Argus

Lysander Flight
1x MQ-9B Reaper

Auster Flight
1x Sperwer

Spitfire Flight
4x Gripen with:
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x 1275 litre drop tank

Hurricane Flight (at mission start)
2x German Tornadoes with
2x Taurus KEPD 350
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

Hurricane Flight (re-arm)
2x German Tornadoes with
2x GBU-24A/B
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

Kittyhawk Flight
2x Gripen with
8x GBU-39 SDB
2x IRIS-T
3x 1275 litre drop tanks

Martlet Flight
2x Gripen with
8x GBU-39 SDB
2x IRIS-T
3x 1275 litre drop tanks

Gladiator Flight
4x Kfir C.10s with
2x Python
2x SPICE 1000
3x 1300 litre drop tank

Tristar Flight
1x KC-135

Valiant Flight
1x VC-10 K4

Mosquito Flight
1x EA-6B Prowler with:
5x AN/ALQ-99 jamming pods

Meteor Flight
2x Saudi Tornadoes with
12x Brimstone
2x IRIS-T

Whirlwind Flight
1x Su-25 with
16x Vikhr
2x R-60M

Defiant Flight
1x Hawk 209 with
2x AGM-65G
2x AIM-9P

Firefly Flight
3x Sk 60B with
30mm ADEN gun pods

Tempest Flight
2x Sk 60B with
M/49 145mm PSRAK rockets

Beaufighter Flight
2x A-11 Ghibli with
2x GBU-16B/B
2x AIM-9L

Havoc Flight
3x F-4E Phantom with
2x GBU-10E/B
2x AMRAAM

Fulmar Flight
3x F-4E Phantom with
2x GBU-10E/B
2x AMRAAM

Other notes
Where possible, all aircraft are to use quick turnarounds
Spitfire Flight is to be set to refuel at 30% fuel

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 21, 2017

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Correct me if Im wrong, but I thougjt those bridges were a lot closer south, near the capital. Wouldnt we want the CAP there so,we could intercept the Dictators planes if they sortie. He still has some SU-27 and SU-30s in play.

For the second point, I think you are way overestimating our hand here. Say we do down the SMARF planes, what are we expecting? The president to go "ah gee willikers Hired Goons, sorry I tried that, I'll shred the evidence now!"

We only have a limited window here, we need all assets over the capital so we can drive hard and fast. Sending a full group out east dosnt gain us much and puts our Capital group at risk if the Dictator sortiees or the Durandels dont knock out the airfield.

Planning on CAPing the bridges at the start of the op, then moving Valiant Flight to engage the Free State after Caboledo is closed. Also, changed the Durandals out for JDAMs.

I don't think it will, but it would at least serve as a concrete expression of displeasure on our part. Also, more practically, we need to hunt SMARF anyway to safely use our less capable planes.

And the strike aircraft I'm sending east to hit the Free State are the ones that really can't accomplish much against the dictator's equipment in the west or that don't have the range to reach anything in the west while carrying a useful ordnance load.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I updated For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever to specify some more specific rules about firing on Free State targets as well as additional contingencies and to swap the SK60 loadouts for things that aren't HE rockets.

e: huh I just noticed I wound up with the same SK60 loadout spread as Quinntan's plan. Great minds or something.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Edited Operation Toontown to clarify rearming procedure and arrange for continued CAP in the west after the main part of Valiant Flight leaves.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Luanda is looking pretty wild right now. Half the residents are shuttering windows and barricading doors like some sort of hurricane is brewing and the other half are trying to get the gently caress out. Planes are literally being pushed into heaps if they can't take off in time.

The Luandan security forces are either not in the capital or have already departed. A handful of lithium freighters are stocking up as well. There's no incoming traffic to Luanda at the moment, only outgoing.

Our intel from the coast and the central roads is a bit more sparse. Our intel guy is down and out as the Angolan Government has cut cell phone service. So recon dude is relying on a rickety Iridium link. We get two brief updates a day. The hostile forces are concentrating on chokepoints, strongholds, and areas where they can use there forces to slow our advance. Still no word on the Angolan Air Force. Free State forces have been operating in the east with relative impunity.

Working on the planning scenario now.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvsc4hirsxs1g2w/Angola%206%20Planning.scen?dl=0

There's the planning scenario. I'll give it another day or so and see how it's looking before I call it and put out a vote.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Heads up to mission planners--the location of the Tin Shield on the google planning map, and its location on the CMANO map, appear far different. The radar's distance from Von Hoff's forces appears to be 120 nm on google, but could be within SDB range on CMANO.

EDIT: And also Operation Riders of Rohan now has a map and approximate timetable.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 18, 2017

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

OPERATION REACHAROUND

STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES:

In order of importance

-Clear eastern road of angolan defenders.
-Deny the Angolans use of their airspace.
-Prevent Free state from striking angolan forces along their border in order to preserve border parity.
-Weaken free state forces along the angolan border.
-Prevent Free state from striking our forces along our border.

OPERATIONAL OBJECTIVES:

-Destroy last remaining angolan radar station
-Strike targets along the eastern road and if possible clear area east and west of the road of as much long range AA as possible.
-Establish a CAP as far ahead as we deem reasonably safe
-If possible we want eyes over the border.
-If achieved, reroute some assets to strike free state units.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AND FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS:

-All units North of border are to be considered hostile.
-Area west of the eastern road is to be ignored by our CAS and interdictor strikes untill the road is clear unless it is a long range SAM site.
-Angolan units more than 30nm east of the road are to be ignored by our CAS and interdictor strikes untill the road is clear unless it is a long range SAM site
-CAS, strike and interdicion targets in order of importance are : Radar sites, Long range SAM sites, Artillery, Armor, Mech inf, inf. SHORAD is covered below.
-SHORAD (AAA, SPAAGs, MANPADS, Short range SAMS) are to be IGNORED unless they are in range to protect important targets. their only real purpose are to act as point defense, Circumvent these units if possible. If they are in range to cover ground forces they become priority.
-Infrastructure of any kind is to be IGNORED. Our objective is to eliminate as many mechanized assets in the field as we can that can intercept our own push.
-All aircraft north of border are to be considered hostile and will be engaged by our CAP if they threaten us or the angloan troops along the free state border.
-If mechanized free state units are detected along the border they can be engaged
-Our recon assets are to operate as far forward as possible, they are not to linger in areas that have been cleared by enemy ground units unless we have eliminated the next target area of long range SAMS.
-Ground strike craft are not to operate within range of enemy long range SAMs

EMCOM:
-With the exception of our SAAB100B all radars are to be turned off as long as they are operating under it's area of detection.

AO MAP EXPLANATION (yay, mspaint!)

RED ZONE represents our primary objective. This zone is to be scoured clean of all enemy activity
YELLOW ZONE represents a secondary objective. DO NOT engage ground units here untill RED ZONE is clear unless it's a non-SHORAD SAM.
BLUE ZONE is our buffer area. DO NOT engage ground units here unless it's a non-SHORAD SAM or if there is a very dense troop concentration bordering RED ZONE.
GREEN ZONE represents a secondary objective DO NOT engage ground units here untill RED ZONE is clear unless it's a non-SHORAD SAM.
PINK ZONE represents our initial CAP and tanker loiter zone. Our drones also start here
PURPLE ZONE is our ideal CAP zone. This is where we want to push our CAP up to
BLACK LINE represents our cruise missile strike vector on the radar facility

BASES OF OPERATION:

DEFLOWER FLIGHT is to operate out of BENGUELA AIRPORT
CALLGIRL FLIGHT is to operate out of KUITO AIRPORT
ALL REMAINING FLIGHTS are to operate out of ALBANA MACHADO AIRPORT

EXECUTION:

Start of mission: VOYEUR, SCREAMER, TEAT , DUTCH OVEN , DEFLOWER and NYMPHO take off in that order.

DEFLOWER flight will stay in tight formation ands strike at the radar site from the south of the border by launching al their missiles. This has to be a simultaneous launch.

LECHER flight are to move up the red zone as close to enemy SAM site cover as possible.

PERV flight are to move northeast towards GREEN ZONE and search for Free state targets

NYMPHO flights objective are to target Radar and long range SAM sites north of the border only (Former only if DEFLOWER fails) with the help of SCREAMER if needed. Do not engage other targets! sites covering the red zone have priority

DUTCH OVEN flight are to provide CAP south of the road

CALLGIRL flight are on standby and will take off to respond to unexpected or unexpectedly large air threats. When launched and after having eliminated the threat, they are to join dutch oven in their CAP unless they run out of ordnance.

As soon as the southern part of RED ZONE is (seemingly) free of long range SAMs, PLAYBOY, HONHON, REBOUND, OY VEY, FRENCH KISS, JODY, BRAVO-JULIET and HOTEL-JULIET are to take off and then proceed to seek out and prosecute targets in the RED ZONE as specified by the ROE untill it is clear. DEFLOWER will join them after rearming. PLAYBOY will assist LECHER in spotting targets. If angolan RADAR is not taken out it is top priority.

When RED ZONE is (seemingly) clear, move on to prosecute targets in GREEN and YELLOW zones depending on state of respective air defense in said zones as laid out in the ROE. BLUE ZONE targets may be prosecuted if there are large formations close to the RED ZONE. Continue doing so untill you run out of targets or expend all munitions.

FLIGHTS:

VOYEUR FLIGHT:
1x Saab S100B Argus

SCREAMER FLIGHT:
1x EA-6B Prowler with
4x ECM pods
1x HARM

LECHER FLIGHT:
1x MQ-9B Reaper

PERV FLIGHT:
1x Sperwer

PLAYBOY FLIGHT:
1x Mirage F.1CR with
1x Barax NG DECM Pod
1x Rafael Recon Pod (SLAR)
drop tanks
chaff

TEAT FLIGHT:
1x KC-135

DUTCH OVEN FLIGHT:
4x Gripen with:
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x 1275 litre drop tank

DEFLOWER FLIGHT:
2x German Tornadoes with
2x Taurus KEPD 350
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

2x Saudi Tornadoes with
2x Storm Shadow
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

DEFLOWER FLIGHT (Re-arm):

2x German Tornadoes with
MW-1 Anti-Armor, Lo-Lo-Lo
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

1x Saudi Tornado with
12x Brimstone
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

1x Saudi Tornado with
9x Brimstone
1x Damocles LDP Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft)
2x IRIS-T
2x 1500 litre drop tanks

NYMPHO FLIGHT:

2x Gripen with
8x GBU-39 SDB
2x IRIS-T
3x 1275 litre drop tanks

HONHON FLIGHT:
1x Mirage F.1CR with
2x R.550 Magic 2 Mk2
4x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB (Mk82)

REBOUND FLIGHT:

6 F-4 Phantoms with
4x Mk20 Rockeye II CB (247 x Mk118 Dual Purpose Bomblets)
2x AMRAAMs
drop tanks

OY VEY FLIGHT:

4x KFIR with
4x TAL 2 CB
2x Python 5

FRENCH KISS FLIGHT:

2x AMX A.11with
2x GBU-32(V)1/B JDAM (Mk83)
2x AIM-9L Sidewinder
Drop tanks

JODY FLIGHT:

1x Hawk 209 with
4x Mk20 Rockeye II CB (247 x Mk118 Dual Purpose Bomblets)
2x AIM-9P-4 Sidewinder

BRAVO-JULIET FLIGHT:
5x Saab SK-60B with
4x 30mm ADEN Mk4 Gun Pods

HOTEL-JULIET FLIGHT:
1x SU-25T with
drop tanks
16x AT-16 Scallion (9K121 Vikhr)
2x AA-8 Aphid (R-60TM)

CALLGIRL FLIGHT:
2x Gripen with:
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x 1275 litre drop tank

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 19, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Davin Valkri posted:

OPERATION RIDERS OF ROHAN

Quinntan posted:

Operation Finest Hour

orcbuster posted:

OPERATION REACHAROUND

power crystals posted:

Operation For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever

The Sandman posted:

Operation Toontown

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Voting for Endorsing Operation Finest Hour.

Quinntan posted:

Operation Finest Hour

I like this plan quite a lot. It focuses on the coast road, gives our strikers sensible weapons loadouts, and it keeps our aircraft close together and able to mutually support each other.

The one edit I'd make would be to nix the cruise missile strike on the radar. Killing off Angolan radar actually makes it easier for the Free State to operate aircraft advance from that direction.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 18, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Wait, when did we start voting?!

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

For those wondering I've assigned cluster munitions rather than Guided munitions to our cas and interdiction teams because I suspect they will be far more effective against the expected targets. Small LGBs can usually only take out one or two subunits in an armored or mechanized platoon while these things have the potential to have one platoon wiped out by any plane.

For those of you who want collateral damage, well, you know which one to pick.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Operation Toontown only because it's also Operation Napalm

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We aren't voting yet, and these aren't even Single Transferrable Vote! Calm down, people!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Bacarruda posted:

Voting for Endorsing Operation Finest Hour.

I like this plan quite a lot. It focuses on the coast road, gives our strikers sensible weapons loadouts, and it keeps our aircraft close together and able to mutually support each other.

The one edit I'd make would be to nix the cruise missile strike on the radar. Killing off Angolan radar actually makes it easier for the Free State to operate aircraft advance from that direction.

The reason for that strike is because I'm trying to force the Gadflies to turn on their radars, giving us a good chance of spotting any along the route before they lob a SAM into our reaper.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

Heads up to mission planners--the location of the Tin Shield on the google planning map, and its location on the CMANO map, appear far different. The radar's distance from Von Hoff's forces appears to be 120 nm on google, but could be within SDB range on CMANO.

EDIT: And also Operation Riders of Rohan now has a map and approximate timetable.

Thanks for catching that Davin. I've adjusted the Google Planning Map to match the CMANO planning scenario.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Adjusted map and plan for operation REACHAROUND accordingly

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Chains of War is out and we'll definitely be running it. Here's some of the cool stuff I've seen in testing so far.

I setup an alley of nothing but AAA systems. So tons of fire coming in. A group of SU-25's rolled through with some SK60-B's.

Oh dear. Fires. And they spread.

Until it breaches the fuel and then boom. Fireball.

Or your crew compartment is breached by a 57mm projectile.

In previous missions I didn't add much AAA but this time I think you can expect to see some. Or lots.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mission idea for the future:

Covering for low end bullshit CAS planes by desperately trying to sanitize airspace from AAA as they fly through a bullet hell level.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So how will you abstract ejections in the new system?

I wonder how SAM damage works too.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yooper posted:

Chains of War is out and we'll definitely be running it. Here's some of the cool stuff I've seen in testing so far.

I setup an alley of nothing but AAA systems. So tons of fire coming in. A group of SU-25's rolled through with some SK60-B's.

Oh dear. Fires. And they spread.

Until it breaches the fuel and then boom. Fireball.

Or your crew compartment is breached by a 57mm projectile.

In previous missions I didn't add much AAA but this time I think you can expect to see some. Or lots.

This looks fantastic

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Dreamsicle posted:

So how will you abstract ejections in the new system?

I wonder how SAM damage works too.

If possible, I know someone suggested that we start getting helos and other birds for SAR missions, it'd be cool if for all our future missions we had to have SAR missions planned out for recovery and to launch a moments notice. I remember seeing in the came there is a unit icon for downed pilot, I'll have to see if a script for a downed pilot appears. It'd be cool to have to plan out contingencies just like in real life for pilot safety.

Fun fact, at least for carrier ops, the very first and the very last birds (MH-60 Sierras usually) to take off and touch down are the rescue craft. Flight personnel are a valuable resource. One incentive could be that if we lose a pilot or fail to recover is that we lose a chunk of money (family life insurance payouts or something).

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

xthetenth posted:

Mission idea for the future:

Covering for low end bullshit CAS planes by desperately trying to sanitize airspace from AAA as they fly through a bullet hell level.

"The only planes we've got with ordnance to make this strike are a wing of OV-10 Broncos..."

You've done it, the Broncos are clear to napalm the children's hospital and kitten orphanages!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

TildeATH posted:

"The only planes we've got with ordnance to make this strike are a wing of OV-10 Broncos..."

You've done it, the Broncos are clear to napalm the children's hospital and kitten orphanages!

Just a ton of Broncos and stuff to pin down and wreck ultralight infantry that we're paid to kill, while we bag things with actual armor.

Clarifying here, are child soldiers light infantry by default?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

xthetenth posted:

Just a ton of Broncos and stuff to pin down and wreck ultralight infantry that we're paid to kill, while we bag things with actual armor.

Clarifying here, are child soldiers light infantry by default?

That would be a legit awesome mission. Some kind of retro Vietnam nonsense in a steaming jungle with scattered armor but complete air superiority.

Oh sure Medicins Sans Frontiers calls it an "orphanage" but we all know it's a training camp!

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

TildeATH posted:

That would be a legit awesome mission. Some kind of retro Vietnam nonsense in a steaming jungle with scattered armor but complete air superiority.

Oh sure Medicins Sans Frontiers calls it an "orphanage" but we all know it's a training camp!

Let's see those doctors trying to cross this border

A BORDER MADE OF NAPALM:unsmigghh:

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Know whats better than napalm?

Few thousand undetonated pieces of live ordnance strewn about the countryside from clusterbombs. And yes, with the amount of ordnance I'm planning on dropping on these guys that is the number we're looking at.

Kids like to play around tank wrecks, just saying .:smugdon:

Also, why haven't we been using the MW-1 more? This thing is awesome beyond measure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1FyA-3wcBQ

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 18, 2017

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

orcbuster posted:

Also, why haven't we been using the MW-1 more? This thing is awesome beyond measure!

Are our Saudi Tornados even able to take that?

Ignoring that for the moment, I think it's also worth keeping in mind that during the Gulf War (I want to say) it turned out that the RAF's equivalent system made the Tornado surprisingly vulnerable to IADS. Though that doesn't make it any less metal.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

TildeATH posted:

I see that napalm post of mine is still my greatest hit :v:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

power crystals posted:

I see that napalm post of mine is still my greatest hit :v:

I hope that in the future mine is referred to as frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Operation Toontown is now in final form, complete with map.