Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

What's with all the praise for those Kimoa shades? The frame looks so drat cheap. Those are $113 CAD shades for something that cheap looking. Maybe at half the price I'd do a pair myself.

I like them, im getting a pair. There goes 69 euros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hehe 69

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Hehe 69

The sex number

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Hehe 69

Speaking of 69, the hospital released a statement saying Nicky Hayden has suffered severe brain damage and severe fractures. He has a massive cerebral edema which tehy can't even treat yet as his vitals are still not strong enough/stable enough in order for him to undergo surgery.

https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news/hayden-suffered-severe-brain-damage-in-accident-907484/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

loving Christ. Poor guy =/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Speaking of 69, the hospital released a statement saying Nicky Hayden has suffered severe brain damage and severe fractures. He has a massive cerebral edema which tehy can't even treat yet as his vitals are still not strong enough/stable enough in order for him to undergo surgery.

https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news/hayden-suffered-severe-brain-damage-in-accident-907484/

:smith: Hopefully he stabilizes ASAP.

Anyway.

Let's have some good news, shall we?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fernando Alonso is magical and I love him

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu4rluYllns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fernando Alonso posted:

One race, during one of my first seasons, it rained. That day, I saw a wet tire for the first time. It was on another car beside me on the grid.

This is the best thing I have ever read.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Glad to see Alonso reconciled with Lewis. :frogbon:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Isn't it poo poo there all the time?

Sometimes it drizzles instead of rains. These are the good times.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

loving rooftop parties. Looks like a Nintendo Switch comercial

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Zak Brown says that Mclaren will struggle to finish higher than 6th. Eh.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Zak Brown says that Mclaren will struggle to finish higher than 6th. Eh.

Indy or F1?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I've always been curious and now I know. The jawline definitely gives it away.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If Zac is talking F1, then yeah, that makes sense. Both Mercs and Ferraris ahead, plus a Red Bull.

As for Indy, my expectations are this: Nando will finish on the lead lap. He may win, but I'm admittedly not expecting a win on his first go.

Then again, Rossi won on his first go last year so who knows!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The FI's look pretty good. I hope they can keep up development.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Honda is still sandbagging (in indy)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really dislike the term "sandbagging".

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Hehe 69

Norns posted:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What's your opinion on 'podiumed'?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

I really dislike the term "sandbagging".

What do you suggest then

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Rooting for a Nandi win but I wouldn't be surprised if he crashed out because of some lovely driver hitting him.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

keevo posted:

Rooting for a Nandi win but I wouldn't be surprised if he crashed out because of some lovely driver hitting him.

Max Chilton

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

What do you suggest then

teabagging

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Honda is still sandbagging (in indy)

It's ridiculous comparing Honda in Indy to Honda in F1.

One has an engine that by and large is the best in its series in terms of power and able to come onto said power, which is why it won all the super-speedway races last year (small sample of two engines and three races mind you). Obviously no racing engine is going to be as reliable as the one in your car, but it's held its own and actually helped overcome the lack of downforce their aerokits have compared to Chevy's in the opening two street races.

Then there's the massive pile of poo poo that's in F1. Like, I understand that a 2.2L twin turbo that revs only to 12k RPM is pretty different from a 1.6L single turbo that goes up to 15k RPM, but why wouldn't they share notes or something? Yeah it's two different divisions but come on
:ughh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Honda F1 just powers the engine with sand

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

And failed promises.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Indy's stream is being hot garbage today, sadly, but Nando is up to 224.641 which is good for 5th fastest on the day so far ("towed", meaning he had a draft to help him out).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The power of dead dreams

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Indy's stream is being hot garbage today, sadly, but Nando is up to 224.641 which is good for 5th fastest on the day so far ("towed", meaning he had a draft to help him out).

He should be running every lap in the draft and in traffic imo, that's where he needs to learn the most.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, everyone needs to read this write now or some time today. You probably already have but this really moved me.

Mario Andretti writing a letter to his younger self.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-9-mario-andretti-racing-letter-to-my-younger-self/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If Nando podiums at Indy and neither McLaren finishes Monaco, why would he ever come back?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

What do you suggest then

It seems to be thrown around a lot, especially at Indy. There is very little reason to sandbag these days.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kimoa has a Indy section and I signed up for it. Here's the unlisted playlist where apparently they will add a new video every day.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotSZyu_TrJqQEgzGbvuuv1Ve0oxrM_U6

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wirth1000 posted:

Glad to see Alonso reconciled with Lewis. :frogbon:

Phwoar

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Powershift posted:

If Nando podiums at Indy and neither McLaren finishes Monaco, why would he ever come back?

Indy doesn't have a podium. :ssh:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

It seems to be thrown around a lot, especially at Indy. There is very little reason to sandbag these days.

Yet teams still do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Minto Took posted:

Indy doesn't have a podium. :ssh:

Podiums the theoretical podium.

• Locked thread