Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I love leon because all his edits are obviously false and goofy so seeing people get pissed about "man dies in way only previously seen in 1920's cartoon" is hilarious. I also keep meaning to buy bird world but I forget, does anyone have opinions on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

dopesmoker or holy mountain?

dopesmoker

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Chakan posted:

I love leon because all his edits are obviously false and goofy so seeing people get pissed about "man dies in way only previously seen in 1920's cartoon" is hilarious. I also keep meaning to buy bird world but I forget, does anyone have opinions on it?

Bird world is very good, if you like the musical influences it wears on its sleeve (yoshis island in particular) I'd say you will almost certainly enjoy it

And it's so peppy I always feel good after hearing it

E: it's free to listen to it all the way on his Bandcamp so no need to spend without knowing what you're getting

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

People will say Dopesmoker because that one's famous for being long, but Holy Mountain has the superior songs and you don't need to be high to enjoy it on repeat listens.

yeah Dopesmoker's cool and all but Holy Mountain is definitely the best Sleep album

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Electric Wizard > High on Fire > Sleep don't @ me

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I listened to Dopesmoker while sober and didn't like it because I'm an idiot who missed the point

I should go back to it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-Ray Pecs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt6o03K_y54

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

His Google bio is amazing.

quote:

IVAN THRONE is the bestselling author of THE NINE LAWS. He is a powerful speaker, business manager and seasoned veteran of the financial industry with over thirty years of study in the classical Japanese military fighting arts. His vivid lessons and ruthless mentoring for the hard and often cruel demands of our pitiless high performance world have helped millions of people across social media deeply connect with radical, authentic success to the joys of partners, lovers, colleagues and clients.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Shocked that a person who sells himself so aggressively as a remorseless rear end in a top hat is in fact a bedwetting crybaby. Shocked!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I don't need a microphone!
My voice is loving POWERFUL

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

I listened to Dopesmoker while sober and didn't like it because I'm an idiot who missed the point

I should go back to it

dopesmoker got me into stoner/doom and that happened probably 2 years before i ever smoked weed

listen to the drums, chris hakius is tremendous and so much better than roeder

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Shocked that a person who sells himself so aggressively as a remorseless rear end in a top hat is in fact a bedwetting crybaby. Shocked!

I guess if Trump is president, I shouldn't be surprised at all these loving DBZ buttlords setting themselves up as self-help gurus.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yoober posted:

dopesmoker

the original jerusalem edit had better production where the gutars sounded like a b-52 going into a dive

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

yoober posted:

dopesmoker got me into stoner/doom and that happened probably 2 years before i ever smoked weed

listen to the drums, chris hakius is tremendous and so much better than roeder

I'll give it a shot. I love Kyuss and Sunn O)) so there is no reason I shouldn't enjoy it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Dude buys a lovely katana from a mall knife store and now he decided to be a dark enlightenment motivational speaker

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Famethrowa posted:

I'll give it a shot. I love Kyuss and Sunn O)) so there is no reason I shouldn't enjoy it.

listen to the melvins' lysol album. it's basically the same thing, but they get to the point in half the time, plus there's a sweet alice cooper cover

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I mean if we're being serious the true dirtbag choice is Acid Bath.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

listen to the melvins' lysol album. it's basically the same thing, but they get to the point in half the time, plus there's a sweet alice cooper cover

If you're telling people to listen to any Melvins other than Senile Animal you are a bad friend

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Electric Wizard over High on Fire? Shameful

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/865267065569103872

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/865272322034479104

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

while you were mocking the death of a corpulent CHUD, I was studying the blade

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

REMARKABLY POWERFUL DOG

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

emdash posted:

Bird world is very good, if you like the musical influences it wears on its sleeve (yoshis island in particular) I'd say you will almost certainly enjoy it

And it's so peppy I always feel good after hearing it

E: it's free to listen to it all the way on his Bandcamp so no need to spend without knowing what you're getting

i started listening to bird world (also on soundcloud!) and it is incredibly good

it feels like the album i needed to hear tonight after a long day

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

I mean if we're being serious the true dirtbag choice is Acid Bath.

Not even the dirtiest bags in their own scene (Eyehategod).

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

How does this make sense in Kristol's addled neocon mind?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

How does anything make sense? He's why Trump is president, probably.

https://samkriss.com/2016/02/12/bill-kristol-is-wrong-about-things/

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol this rules

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

David French still sucks poo poo through a crazy straw
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/865385469013622785

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

"Violated every tenet of the warrior ethos."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TomViolence posted:

"Violated every tenet of the warrior ethos."

not violating 'warrior ethos', using a fuckin helicopter to blow civilians up.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

People will say Dopesmoker because that one's famous for being long, but Holy Mountain has the superior songs and you don't need to be high to enjoy it on repeat listens.

Agreed, friend. I kind of hate Dopesmoker but Holy Mountain is one of my all time favs

yoober posted:

dopesmoker

well i still think you're cool and hope we can be friends :)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Isn't he also making fun of a louise mensch tweet from a hundred years ago where she laid out the roadmap to hillary as president involving orrin hatch naming her as his vp and then resigning?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

Isn't he also making fun of a louise mensch tweet from a hundred years ago where she laid out the roadmap to hillary as president involving orrin hatch naming her as his vp and then resigning?

Conservative British journalist Louise Mensch, citing unnamed sources, paints a wild scenario on her Patribotics blog: Vice President Pence and Speaker Ryan are excluded from presidential succession due to their own wrongdoing, leaving Orrin Hatch as President Pro Tem of the Senate to succeed a toppled Trump. Another scenario making the rounds assumes Nancy Pelosi will be Speaker by the time Trump and Pence are forced out. She will become President, then name Hillary Clinton as veep and resign in her favor. I am totally down with the Sisterhood, but this makes House of Cards look like Washington Week in Review.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2017/05/17/blinded-bread-circuses/

Serf
May 5, 2011

haha wait louise mensch is british wtf

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

She was a member of Parliament for the Conservative party.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

and she used to pal around with kiddy fiddler luke bozo bozier because of course

he made her failed social media startup, menschn

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

prefect posted:

Not the awesome Parliament with George Clinton, either. The lame one in England.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Serf posted:

Yep. She wrote airport books for women in the 90s, became a Tory MP, then quit to start a failed Twitter clone called Menshn with a business partner who turned out to be a paedophile, and now she's the guiding light of the resistance.

She's a perfect case study in failing upwards, basically.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

British society is built on a long tradition of deformed, inbred and congenitally stupid people failing upwards into positions of authority. That is, if they weren't literally born ino such positions already.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Well, to whoever wanted a Matt Christman appearance on that Videogame podcast:

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/865530704951521280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

every day is weirder than the one before

Kunster posted:

Well, to whoever wanted a Matt Christman appearance on that Videogame podcast:

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/865530704951521280

i can't wait to hear matt deliver his manifesto on why games are bad