Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's pretty much Disney's fault. Robin Hood, specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it was around the time when squeaky voiced anime robot #378 codeced in to wail about her lesbian robot relationship troubles that my brain slidewhistled outta there

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's medieval France's fault. Reynart the Furry amirite

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Snak posted:

It's pretty much Disney's fault. Robin Hood, specifically.

Tasteful young adults experienced the precis to their sexual awakening with Dr. Blight from Captain Planet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

or Gadget from Rescue Rangers

Minerva Mink from either tiny toons or animaniacs i forget which. tiny toons community apparently had a furry that stalked one of the voice actresses

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
that scene in batman returns where catwoman swallows a live bird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

it was around the time when squeaky voiced anime robot #378 codeced in to wail about her lesbian robot relationship troubles that my brain slidewhistled outta there

ah, when the military androids, designed soley to fight for the glory of mankind, on a critical life or death mission, slide into your dms because they want to talk about feelings instead. that's good, to me

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Quite the Cinderella story. Dontnod filed for bankrupts protection after Remember Me bombed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best news I've heard all year.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought they were making some weird vampire game instead of a new Life is Strange

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought they were making some weird vampire game instead of a new Life is Strange

The life of a vampire IS very strange

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I hope 2 Life 2 Strange has a totally different story with different characters but that would be a bold move.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I read somewhere that the original plan for a sequel was going to be a Twilight Zone-type thing? Similar supernatural tone but with different characters and setting and a different "gimmick"

I can't see revisiting those characters or that specific power working all too well

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

ah, when the military androids, designed soley to fight for the glory of mankind, on a critical life or death mission, slide into your dms because they want to talk about feelings instead. that's good, to me

it's not good, to me, personally

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't see revisiting those characters or that specific power working all too well

Yeah one thing that made LiS so brilliant was that giving time travel powers to a reticent teenage girl who can't make a decision to save her life was a 100% perfect combination of character and gameplay that played out over the course of the game. They'd have to put a twist on the central gimmick to make it fit whoever the protagonist of the sequel is going to be.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Help Im Alive posted:

Focus Home Interactive is publishing that. Similar to Deep Silver and THQ Nordic, they're moving up to publishing mid-tier titles and targeting gaps in the market that aren't filled by bigger publishers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Life Is Strange 2: Life Is Still Strange

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's still a hot one

like six inches from the midday sun

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Yeah, this is easily the best gaming news i've heard in a long time.

The first season of Life is Strange might be my favorite game ever. Pretty much the only game that has ever made me actually feel emotions and stuff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know what destiny 2 is but it's coming to blizzard's battle dot net instead of steam, which is weird

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Battlenet just got rebranded to Blizzard Launcher, btw

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Life is 2trange

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know what destiny 2 is but it's coming to blizzard's blizzard launcher instead of steam, which is weird

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Blizzard and Activision are in the same corporate conglomerate, it makes sense that they would piggyback on their multiplayer technology for their new MMO

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wonder if these means they'll pick the brain the WoW designers' brains for encounter design or if they'll continue to ignore progress made in the past ten years of MMOs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As I recall Destiny already onboarded some of the D3 team to overhaul the loot system after they fixed it with Reaper of Souls.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Life Is Strange feels suuuuuper manipulative to me in retrospect, it's like one of those stories that end with having to put a dog down

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Afterlife is Strange, about a twee teenage ghost.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Life Is Strange feels suuuuuper manipulative to me in retrospect, it's like one of those stories that end with having to put a dog down

The dog is your misguided belief that you live in a fair and rational world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There is a point in Life is Strange where a dog's life is in your hands but it's not at the end. Also if you kill the dog you're a monster

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know what destiny 2 is but it's coming to blizzard's battle dot net instead of steam, which is weird

It's the Blizzard launcher now. When you're selling millions of copies, pocketing an extra 30% instead of giving it to Valve adds up. Several of the top PC publishers are moving towards having their own client, such as the Epic Games Launcher. I expect this trend to continue, especially with developers that are owned by or partnered with Tencent.

tap my mountain posted:

I wonder if these means they'll pick the brain the WoW designers' brains for encounter design or if they'll continue to ignore progress made in the past ten years of MMOs

After Destiny met with lukewarm reviews and player retention, Activision encouraged Bungie to talk to the Diablo 3's Reaper of Souls team about how to address player concerns over Destiny's gameplay and loot system.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

mutata posted:

Battlenet just got rebranded to Blizzard Launcher, btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

As I recall Destiny already onboarded some of the D3 team to overhaul the loot system after they fixed it with Reaper of Souls.

Sounds like I'm getting roped into playing Destiny 2. Hope I get whatever the Gjallerhorn tier gun is early.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I bought Greek yogurt last night thinking that I liked it, and holy gently caress I have made a grave mistake

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Lol, use it in cooking and or smoothies.

Seriously, marinade chicken in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am still enjoying AC Syndicate and am continuing to play it even though I have Injustice 2, but lol this villain, you know the writer was like "I loved There Will Be Blood, let me just make my OC character do not steal"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

isn't battle.net like, hilariously terrible compared to steam though? you don't even have voice chat iirc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

isn't battle.net like, hilariously terrible compared to steam though? you don't even have voice chat iirc

No, and no. There's VOIP in every Bnet game but everybody just uses Discord anyway.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Blizzard Launcher™ definitely has voice chat built in.

I have had so many problems with Steam voice chat over the years, Discord is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There is currently no way to tell Steam you don't want people on your friends list to be able to voice call you. Nothing like getting a voice call during the middle of a cutscene in a plot-heavy game.

• Locked thread