Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Who are they? And why are they displeasured by a subreddit that provides that much hilarity? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

[*]they hired john loving smedley to run a studio[/list]

oh right

nevermind that bullshit i said about due diligence

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Will r/dereksmart continue archiving after Star Citizen collapses in on itself?

If not, close it.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

TheAgent posted:

yeah but
  • the people running AGS are old, old buddies with Chris Roberts
  • Amazon stated they would take a loss of $750m over 4 years to jumpstart their games program
  • they hired john loving smedley to run a studio

I'm thinking anybody dumb enough to pick cryengine to do what amazon is trying to do might very well be dumb enough to listen to cr.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

big nipples big life posted:

oh right

nevermind that bullshit i said about due diligence

In before the Star Citizen NGE that went so well for SWG

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

DarkRefreshment posted:

Speaking of the CDC and to get far far away from going on about Derek's man parts...

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put a research facility full of the worst get hosed viruses the world has ever known right next to a major metropolitan area?? It's literally 6 miles from downtown Atlanta. I guess 5 miles would have been too close for GhonaSyphaHerpleAIDS but 6 is "just right"

I think the most dangerous stuff (biosafety level 4) is kept at USAMRIID (United States Army Medical Reseach Institute of Infectious Disease) in Fort Detrick, Maryland.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Well great. Now between what you guys are saying I've got to go add "Where do we keep all the get hosed diseases" to my google search history. I'll expect that 4th amendment violator guy at my door in a few hours.

Tangents like these during the day are why I never get any work done. But, much like SC, I get paid no matter when I put poo poo out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

stinch posted:

I'm thinking anybody dumb enough to pick cryengine to do what amazon is trying to do might very well be dumb enough to listen to cr.

Good news is Netflix can do a new series based on this clusterfuck.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

I think the most dangerous stuff (biosafety level 4) is kept at USAMRIID (United States Army Medical Reseach Institute of Infectious Disease) in Fort Detrick, Maryland.
captain tripps

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wow. I totally forgot about Dolvak creating "Stargur" to combat the goon menace.

I wonder how much money he got for it?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

TheAgent posted:

yeah but
  • the people running AGS are old, old buddies with Chris Roberts
  • Amazon stated they would take a loss of $750m over 4 years to jumpstart their games program
  • they hired john loving smedley to run a studio

http://games.amazon.com/images/games/star-citizen-key-art.jpg

:O

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

captain tripps

I have some of the markers for trashcan man.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Much like Star Citizen, that link is broken

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
M-O-O-N, that spells lol

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
American cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iMjFoT7yWE

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheAgent posted:

lol if what I'm hearing is true and CIG is finally straight up admitting amazon is now paying their bills

there's some talk going around of STAR CITIZEN: A CHRIS ROBERTS GAME IN CONJUNCTION WITH AMAZON STUDIOS or something eerily similar regarding marketing material

considering they straight up now have people from amazons payroll doing engine and tools work for them, its only a matter of time before it gets out anyway

Will Chris be able to kill AGS as well?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

How long till they get creative control and actually force the game to get released?

:laffo:

three year minimum to get any finished game out the door.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:laffo:

three year minimum to get any finished game out the door.

Finished? Talk about feature creep

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Mixing blue cheese and something sweet is the best way to eat it balancing the bitterness of the skanky mold, digestive biscuits and blue cheese being the classic example. I suspect a blue cheese and yogurt taco would work in exactly the same way.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

"Doctor" Derek Smart, yeah, sure, let me believe you have all this information about Chris Roberts. Maybe you're just a big-dicked black guy who makes bad games? What would you do if I whipped out your dick and made you cum straight down my throat? HUH "DOCTOR??" What would you do then? You and your giant, perfect dick with all your goonies who I imagine endlessly service you can go straight to hell.

:stare:

Well then.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Chalks posted:

Finished? Talk about feature creep

Star Citizen's official release date is never.

Just ask reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6bpsyb/30_its_like_waiting_for_christmas_times_a_thousand/dhovn0c/

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

I still refuse to believe amazon wouldn't do any due diligence and give chris roberts money.

Same.

Only way for this to be true is if Amazon had 100% control and their dev team really thought they could pull it off, plus attract new market, or change the commercial structure so existing backers had to pay again via P2W, subscription or similar.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

"Decades to come." God dang comedy gold.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'm the 20 year hype train. Tickets are fresh cash only btw.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

That's perfect evidence of how hosed the whole project is , anyone knows with games the technology and crowd favorite changes every month or week

To expect anything to endure a steady enough audience for 5 years is a miracle ,unless you're pumping out new content constantly

We all know how on the ball cig is with anything being released on time

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DarkRefreshment posted:

You know this explains why the Old Amsterdam Cheese I got in the US didn't taste nearly as good as it did when I was in NL. I do feel slightly robbed now.

But cheese aside, let's discuss a proper hamburger. Never going to beat a real American burger. Nor our chicken wings. And being in the south sweet tea and pork BBQ is a luxury that makes most Euro cuisine seem straight out of the third world. gently caress, an actual Italian pizza in Rome wasn't even as great as Papa Johns. Yeah, I said it.

The foods I miss the most from my time in Europe are currywurst and pork schnitzel. And those both were German. Which is really all Berlin had going for it. Scottish breakfast was amazing though. Haggis is a pretty great addition to the English breakfast.

Scotch eggs own also

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

He likes it when summer rolls around cause he gets ice packs on the hot days lol

e: gently caress yeah nat kaibo snype

Shave the doggo

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Anyone getting the new ship?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Anyone getting the new ship?

No

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

It's a total 'Eclipse' of the heart.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's a total 'Eclipse' of the heart.

What is?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

neonbregna posted:

Shave the doggo

hell no! That would destroy his insulating undercoat!

e:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That dog is not meant for tropical climates. Insulating layer or not.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
How about a nice cross-section of food AND a company being mismanaged into the ground?

About the Juicero posted:

“He either bullies you until you submit to what he wants to do, or he finds someone else who will go along with what it is he wants,” a former employee who was aggressively courted to join the company told Gizmodo. More charitably, another said, “He had his hands in almost every part of the business which is just impossible for anybody to do. It’s not good management to try to control everything.”

About the Juicero posted:

Among my many hours of conversations with the people who made Juicero the spectacle—for better or worse—that it is today, the interpretation that feels the closest to truth is this: “Until you live in Silicon Valley, you don’t realize how many dumb rich people there are.”

http://gizmodo.com/the-mad-king-of-juice-inside-the-dysfunctional-origins-1795330639

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

That dog is not meant for tropical climates. Insulating layer or not.

This is true. We have to be real careful with him during the summer. Actually, most dogs here need a little extra attention during the summer. Sadly a lot of them don't get it and spend all day out in the sun or get taken for walks when the pavement is scorching hot :smith:

e: maybe "real" doesn't belong in front of careful, there. He does fine in the summer, as do lots of shaggy dogs here, we're probably a bit overprotective.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 18, 2017

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Oldschoolcmdr has managed to collect almost all or the reddit crazies in one neat thread, they seem very mad indeed that he's posting there for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6byi40/lets_talk_lumberyard_engine_switch/

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Amazon buying out RSI would suck.
Having a mediocre game come out of this debacle would be the worst possible outcome.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
When they say we "delete" threads do they mean the actual archiving of threads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

For gently caress sakes, ebay just emailed me that Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger Film is available. Between that and the Amazon electric ball press I'm sure I'm some advertiser's dream. Thanks thread.