Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

That team needs filling out badly. They might still be rough next year.

Barring Injuries ("Ha Ha Ha" the dark incarnation of Pierre Pelican laughs) Davis + Cousins + a dead dog is a 45 win team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

I keep forgetting how loving disgusting unfair Davis + Cousins is going to be next season wow

I hope they play a style of gorilla ball similar to some LSU baseball teams of the 90s.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

It's silly that media voting is costing PG a ton of money. Signing him to the supermax or whatever would be a poison pill for the cheapskate Pacers, but it would have been nice to have the option.

Eh, it's probably better this way. Even with being able to offer the huge contract, it still wouldn't be a given that he'd return. This way it takes away that hope and the Pacers can start working on a deal for him.

It sucks, but Bird should have been getting younger guys to grow with him instead of bringing in vets to just muddle around in the East. Myles Turner came too late. So now hopefully they can just start rebuilding around Myles and/or a high draft pick.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Someone voted Curry over Westbrook for 1st team. Will this brave soul ever reveal his identity?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I'm the lakers i don't trade for pg because they can sign him as a fa and not lose ball or Jackson.

If I'm Boston I don't trade for pg because he's expensive, not maybe going to resign, and doesn't get you last cle vs the possibility of fultz being a star.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

I keep forgetting how loving disgusting unfair Davis + Cousins is going to be next season wow

They are already scoring like 95% of the teams points

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dokmo posted:

Someone voted Curry over Westbrook for 1st team. Will this brave soul ever reveal his identity?

Probably the same one that put LeBron on the second team and Kawhi on the third.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why is no one questioning deandre over gasol

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Tae posted:

Lol demar derozan is gonna be why pg leaves the pacers
George is a forward

Paul Zuvella posted:

so its exactly the same as that list that leaked and then the NBA said NOOOO ITS FAAAAAKE really loudly.
Its not. The voting totals were completely different, Wall was 2nd team over Thomas and KAT was 3rd team over Jordan.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

dokmo posted:

They're apparently releasing the ballots during the awards show

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

It's silly that media voting is
They want the Lakers back ASAP

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The new DPE is so dumb.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

RaySmuckles posted:

do you think its part of the cavs plan to clown on the celtics because they know the celtics are a volatile, poo poo talking team?

is it to establish that no one can challenge lebron for the east?

is that just how the cavs play?

Lebron likely has a vendetta against the Celtics for ruining his later Cleveland years and almost rebuffing him again in 2012. Ever since that game 6 in 2012 he's made it his personal mission to steal their souls at every opportunity.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

morestuff posted:

They're apparently releasing the ballots during the awards show

Does Bayless have a vote?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Codependent Poster posted:

Eh, it's probably better this way. Even with being able to offer the huge contract, it still wouldn't be a given that he'd return. This way it takes away that hope and the Pacers can start working on a deal for him.

It sucks, but Bird should have been getting younger guys to grow with him instead of bringing in vets to just muddle around in the East. Myles Turner came too late. So now hopefully they can just start rebuilding around Myles and/or a high draft pick.

Yes this is entirely Bird's fault, but you know how Pacers fan will react. They've been acting like the guy who knows his girlfriend is too hot for him for a couple years now. Pritchard has no choice but to trade him but he also has zero leverage and not a whole lot of interested buyers, and an owner who doesn't want to rebuild and would prefer fluff that can maybe make .500 instead of a true core rebuild.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Harden was the only unanimous so I'm assuming it's a Houston writer that put LeBron/Russ on 2nd team

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

lol at the hot take geniuses that left Russ and LeBron off first team.

my guess is its golden state homers

russ missed 1, steph got 1

kawhi missed 3, durant got 3

even draymond got 4

not saying they're completely wrong to have voted that way, since a lot of it is people's opinions and the warriors are indeed really good, just seems that that's where those votes went

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

my guess is its golden state homers

russ missed 1, steph got 1

kawhi missed 3, durant got 3

even draymond got 4

not saying they're completely wrong to have voted that way, since a lot of it is people's opinions and the warriors are indeed really good, just seems that that's where those votes went

Those Draymond ones are likely people putting him at Center.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I can't even fathom how you'd logically have Lebron not first team, nor Kawhi (and I'm not nearly as high on him as other folks). I guess Durant maybe could've been picked over one of them, but who else?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

Those Draymond ones are likely people putting him at Center.

not necessarily, right?

it would explain the lebron missing one and one of kawhi's since kd only got 3, at least 2 of draymond's have got to be for the forward spot

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

Barring Injuries ("Ha Ha Ha" the dark incarnation of Pierre Pelican laughs) Davis + Cousins + a dead dog is a 45 win team

They were 11-14 post all star break. There's a good chance they tighten up over the summer, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cousins was a very bad defender, and the Pelicans have no wings and possibly no Jrue Holiday.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hot takes

Gobert should have been first team center instead of AD.
Gasol should have been third team center instead of DeAndre.
Jimmy Butler should have been second team because Durant missed too much of the season
That little rat bastard CP3 should have been third team and has a legit argument to be second team over Isaiah Thomas but I still hate him

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

attackmole posted:

They were 11-14 post all star break. There's a good chance they tighten up over the summer, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

They didn't play either guy for several of those losses. It took them like eight or ten games to figure out how to play together, but were as dominant as everyone thought they would be once they did.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

predicto posted:

Hot takes

Jimmy Butler should have been second team because Durant missed too much of the season
That little rat bastard CP3 should have been third team and has a legit argument to be second team over Isaiah Thomas but I still hate him

Chris Paul missed more of the season than Durant ya ding dong

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Bye PG :negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i'm glad pg didn't make all nba because he didn't deserve to make now for the probably retarded trade awaits

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
John Wall should have been 2nd team All-NBA, he has pretty much taken the "best pure PG in the league" title from Chris Paul

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SHOAH NUFF posted:

John Wall should have been 2nd team All-NBA, he has pretty much taken the "best pure PG in the league" title from Chris Paul

When he breaks 10 win shares he can make an all-nba 2nd team. He's not even close yet. That's the only factor at play here.

Really though he's still not on CP3's level

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 18, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Lakers trade for PG in a package including the no. 2 pick, Pacers draft Ball and then Lavar goes apoplectic about him his kid having to move to Indiana.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Paul George is like the 6th or 7th best SF in the NBA, which doesn't even put him in the all-NBA discussion (Top 6 Overall Forward in the NBA) so I don't know.

Towns should have been in one of the three teams I think and DeAndre out. Towns is the only guy who I think got robbed.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/865266727042650112

lol, trying to cover up for james harden not making all-nba last year. never forget, never forgive sports media

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Friends, there's no basketball on tonight :ohdear:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
There hasn't been basketball since monday

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NTz99Yu74

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Actually the WNBA regular season is underway and there is a game tonight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

tanglewood1420 posted:

Lakers trade for PG in a package including the no. 2 pick, Pacers draft Ball and then Lavar goes apoplectic about him his kid having to move to Indiana.

I now want them to trade the #2 pick for this exact outcome

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dear lord it's the worst show of all time

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

Dear lord it's the worst show of all time

"To me that's preposterous. High treason, things of that nature."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Milestone watch. LBJ is about to become the fifth player to reach 250 WS (regular-season and playoffs):

code:
Player			WS
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	308.97
Wilt Chamberlain	278.72
Karl Malone		257.62
Michael Jordan		253.78
LeBron James 		249.4
Tim Duncan		244.22
John Stockton		229.05
Dirk Nowitzki 		224.41
Shaquille O'Neal	212.79
Julius Erving		208
Kevin Garnett		207.84
Oscar Robertson		202.86
Artis Gilmore		202.84
Kobe Bryant		201
Next year LBJ becomes the greatest post-NBA/ABA merger player ever. Farewell, MJ and K. Malone.

tanglewood1420 posted:

...it's easy to forget just how insanely amazing offensively Davis was this season on an absolute shithow of a team that would've won 17 games without him.

KAT was way above AD and Gobert on offense this year.

Carlosologist posted:

has there ever been a Finals where both teams were coming off a 12-0 start to the playoffs? because that seems like what's going to happen

No, two teams starting 19-0 is unprecedented. The Pistons/Lakers started out 15-0 in the 1989 playoffs.

• Locked thread