Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Truth

https://twitter.com/DeddoRain/status/865005102221860864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's racist

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Pierson posted:

I missed the entire WiiU generation though so some of the excitement for a certain IP is passing me by. Was Splatoon 1 really that good?

No. Everything else on the Wii U was rad as hell but Splatoon never felt really fun for me. I'm skipping on 2 for sure.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked the single player campaign in Splatoon but not really the actual online multiplayer. I hope Splatoon 2 has a longer story mode.

There was nothing wrong with the online multiplayer, I just don't enjoy competitive gaming much in general.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
splatoon 2 also getting a co-op horde mode now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I arrived early to my class the other week and i pulled out my perfect, easily pre ordered one week from release day arrived on release morning at 9am with zero problems Nintendo Switch, a fellow class mate arrived shortly after and asked me if that was indeed the fabled Nintendo switch and they mentioned zelda alot, dropped hints that they wanted to play it HOWEVER i was too busy playing NEO TURF MASTERS and i ignored all the hints and continued to play NTM on my own. Thank you nintendo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

https://twitter.com/OhSnappleitsDan/status/864971912505589760

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So my Switch shipped with one of the bent docs and I figured out how to fix it.

If you look on the inside of the Switch dock, you can see the source of the manufacturing defect. There's a tiny little crease in there on the inside where different plastic pieces come together but there's too much space between the plastic parts, so I guess the plastic parts bend in from the pressure until they press against each other.

All I did was cut tiny slivers out of a business card, tiny enough to fit in between the crease and not hit the Switch when it's docked, so like maybe 1 pinhead x 3 pinheads large, maybe even a bit smaller than that. There are four tiny business card cutout pieces in all, two stacked on top of each other and placed in the crease on the left of the dock, and two stacked in the crease on the right of the dock.

That was enough to take my dock from failing to passing the penny test.

Good luck!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Incredibly wrong.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

and thus the waifu wars began all over again

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Call me Oscar the Grouch

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

So my Switch shipped with one of the bent docs and I figured out how to fix it.

If you look on the inside of the Switch dock, you can see the source of the manufacturing defect. There's a tiny little crease in there on the inside where different plastic pieces come together but there's too much space between the plastic parts, so I guess the plastic parts bend in from the pressure until they press against each other.

All I did was cut tiny slivers out of a business card, tiny enough to fit in between the crease and not hit the Switch when it's docked, so like maybe 1 pinhead x 3 pinheads large, maybe even a bit smaller than that. There are four tiny business card cutout pieces in all, two stacked on top of each other and placed in the crease on the left of the dock, and two stacked in the crease on the right of the dock.

That was enough to take my dock from failing to passing the penny test.

Good luck!

I had one that seemed a bit tight but I just jammed my network adapter in it for a day or two while it wasn't being used and that fixed it :v:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If that rear end is trash, call me the garbage manerino

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
dr tim you didnt care about arms before but now that there's rear end...

Disgusting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now that there's rear end, ARMS has legs

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Once again, Callie sides with the correct choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

General Morden posted:

Disgusting.

rear end is hometown.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hair girl's design reminds me of DQ somehow. Or maybe it's the pose.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Who has gotten Thumper and wants to tell me about that HD Rumble?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

General Morden posted:

Disgusting.

The Bloop posted:

Now that there's rear end, ARMS has legs

:grin:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cithen posted:

Who has gotten Thumper and wants to tell me about that HD Rumble?

I've been playing it with the pro controller like an rear end in a top hat.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup. All the idiocy from the tranquilized dub acting to the lovely scriptwriting, right down to the Wiimote-only control scheme, was all Sakamoto's doing. He also reputedly got promoted into one of those punishment C-level positions where he'll never ever actually influence anything aside from collect a paycheque ever again for it.

I dont have any ambition so I wish I could gently caress up and get a cushy job for it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've been playing it with the pro controller like an rear end in a top hat.

pro controller doesn have hd rumble?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bombadilillo posted:

pro controller doesn have hd rumble?

It does, but Thumper has a mechanic where you slide along a left or right wall, and the appropriate Joy-con will rumble exclusively. I guess that's not as easily distinguished on the Pro controller.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Any U.K. goons have any experience with very.co.uk? There's a £20 off deal for ARMS but the site seems a bit dodgy.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stan Taylor posted:

No. Everything else on the Wii U was rad as hell but Splatoon never felt really fun for me. I'm skipping on 2 for sure.

:same: arms looks infinitely better

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lots of bad waifu opinions

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It seems like she's the only one who didn't wake up with the horrible curse of having her arms get all hosed up out of nowhere but can still fight

That's pretty lucky

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Minmin and Twintelle are both nice ladies, and are friends. And they certainly don't care which one of them you want to bang because they would both say "no".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lemming posted:

It seems like she's the only one who didn't wake up with the horrible curse of having her arms get all hosed up out of nowhere but can still fight

That's pretty lucky

Well her and mechanica.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dugong posted:

Any U.K. goons have any experience with very.co.uk? There's a £20 off deal for ARMS but the site seems a bit dodgy.

No anecdotal experience but I see them advertised all the time on tv and in magazines so think they're kosher.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

enojy posted:

It does, but Thumper has a mechanic where you slide along a left or right wall, and the appropriate Joy-con will rumble exclusively. I guess that's not as easily distinguished on the Pro controller.

I played the first level with the pro controller and you can definitely feel the side of the controller the rumble is on. Also all the small subtle rumble effects are great.

Protip: There's a game volume setting in the options menu and it defaults to like 30% or something so crank that poo poo up all the way before you start thumpin.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

bef posted:

:same: arms looks infinitely better

Without Splatoon's bike shorts there would be no twintelle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo has new IPs?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo has new IPs?

Butts Arms

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm going to play arms as butts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nintendo continues its streak of having no bad IPs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well her and mechanica.

True but if I woke up with my hair being turned into weird noodles instead of my arms I would breathe a huge sigh of relief

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo continues its streak of having no bad IPs.

Is Wii music an IP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo has new IPs?

Arms and Ever Oasis for this year.

• Locked thread