Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

myron cope posted:

Why did Malkin get a misconduct or whatever he got at the end of the game

Beaking off at the ref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

myron cope posted:

sounds like he was jawing at the refs

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Bunch of prima Donna's those refs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

myron cope posted:

because he shook

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
He told the ref there was a second shooter.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Okay fess up, who's twitter account is this?

https://twitter.com/Goatzel/status/865039679640354816

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I will grudgingly admit that watching the Senators stomp a hole in to the Penguins was pretty entertaining.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/865009889990418432

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

idgi

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

burned him up

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Xtanstic posted:

Okay fess up, who's twitter account is this?

https://twitter.com/Goatzel/status/865039679640354816

:lol:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Do you keep rolling with MAF or start the guy who will be on the team next year?

Also Karlsson being on the ice for every Ottawa GWG rules

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Do you keep rolling with MAF or start the guy who will be on the team next year?

But Fleury is the guy that'll be on the Pens next year.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Roll with MAF forever

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ginette Reno posted:

If Maf stays a brick wall anything is possible.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Yeah their strategy of trying to win 1-0 against the Penguins last game was a bold one, wonder if he has adjusted The System for tonight

Looking back at posts a few pages ago after a game is always hella fun

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I briefly switched to the game and saw Ottawa had more than two goals and knew instantly that a bunch of retards would be posting "OH OTTAWA IS BORING? HMMM???!??!" today

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't wait for 2.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Any Scottish goons know where I can catch the ice hockey game in Glasgow? Do they have hockey here?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
EK gonna get sticked in the testes

Penguins died because they have code, they have no honor, and God was watching.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

myron cope posted:

Also the Penguins literally cannot get a bounce their way. I mean, the Sens are wiping the floor with them, but they've had so many pucks in feet and just missed passes and whatnot it's crazy. (I don't want it to sound like I'm saying the Senators are not the better team tonight because clearly they are)

Welcome to being a CBJ fan in the first round.

And, probably, a Caps fan at times in the second.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Honestly it's amazing that it's taken this long for the Penguins' defensemen to volcanically poo poo all over themselves. I guess Jultz was the glue holding them together

That and Marc-Andre Fleury bailing them out for 2+ rounds in one last gift to the Penguins before he's ingloriously bought out/traded.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Give MAF one more and if he sucks, put Murray in midgame and leave him there. Might as well see if the glass slipper broke/golden horseshoe came dislodged or if it was a Bad Game as goalies have from time to time.

Kilza posted:

But Fleury is the guy that'll be on the Pens next year.

:getin:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

JoelJoel posted:

Any Scottish goons know where I can catch the ice hockey game in Glasgow? Do they have hockey here?

They call it Winter Golf

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JoelJoel posted:

I'm not Scottish but I'd imagine you won't have any luck due to time differences. 8pm eastern is like 1am there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Maf I think. He's played well enough aside from last night to keep starting. If he stinks again, go with MM for game 5.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
No matter what fresh hell is going on in the world, when there's playoff hockey, it's a good thing.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

Looking back at posts a few pages ago after a game is always hella fun

Who knew that the Sens would accept my good advice and decide to actually play? Not surprisingly the Pens d crumbled under the slightest pressure. Sitting back was always a dumb game plan vs these Pens.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Give MAF one more and if he sucks, put Murray in midgame and leave him there. Might as well see if the glass slipper broke/golden horseshoe came dislodged or if it was a Bad Game as goalies have from time to time.

I wouldn't even say bad game. One awful goal (4) and one he should've had (1) but the other two were Cole and Streit's problem really, and maybe a bit on Bonino for that funny backcheck-thing he was doing on the third goal. Not that allowing two stoppable goals isn't already a Big loving Problem in a series like this but still.

Also, on that fourth goal (http://www.dtmts.com/?id=2016030313&vid=51984303 1:52), is it just me or was that a really strange cross-ice movement?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I found the Sens rap song from last night

This is the whitest thing I have seen since I saw my own reflection stepping outta the shower

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

JoelJoel posted:

As far as I can tell, you've gotta hope you have a "canadian" bar in your area. There's a couple in the south of England but i've got no clue about up north. Sorry man.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

Glasgow's got an EIHL (UK top league) team called the Braehead Clan. They play a five miles outside the city limits. They're pretty good fun if you have a hankering for hockey.

Edit: Oh. THE ice hockey game...you might be hosed unless you find an accommodating sports bar.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^ that would he cool but don't think I'll manage that.

Found a pub that maybe plays games. They close an hour before the game starts. Might get to catch an early one Sunday. gently caress.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 18, 2017

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Just sit in your hotel room and stream it, become the goon you were born to be

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Just sit in your hotel room and stream it, become the goon you were born to be

Honestly, this is the way to go in the UK. You can probably watch it on the official IIHF youtube channel, since the UK doesn't have a broadcasting agreement.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

JoelJoel posted:

Last I knew the games were shown on some weird bespoke but technically-national station, so I just hunt streams on reddit. Unless you're asking about the Braehead Clan, in which case they're at the Braehead mall.

e: Most places are going to be closed by 1AM, though if you're asking about the Sunday evening game I may have an idea.

e:

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Honestly, this is the way to go in the UK. You can probably watch it on the official IIHF youtube channel, since the UK doesn't have a broadcasting agreement.

Bad news

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

How times have changed since I lived there :(

Edit: Also realised this isn't the WC thread :p

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hand Knit posted:

Last I knew the games were shown on some weird bespoke but technically-national station, so I just hunt streams on reddit. Unless you're asking about the Braehead Clan, in which case they're at the Braehead mall.

e: Most places are going to be closed by 1AM, though if you're asking about the Sunday evening game I may have an idea.

e:

Bad news

I'll be in fort Augustus on Sunday. Maybe I'll troll around for a sports bar that can accommodate a Canadian. Thanks for the tips, all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/MelnykEugene/status/865307510055587840

Melnyk finally found someone more hated than him in Ontario. He's just so happy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Melnyk finally found someone more hated than him in Ontario. He's just so happy.

Two negatives dont always equal a positive.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Eugene Melnyk continues his search for someone who understands good D.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Who's the girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

Who's the girl?

Widely despised Premier* of Ontario Kathleen Wynne

*equivalent of governor of a state in your hosed up country

• Locked thread