Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I wish more games would let you invade other player's games and plays as the NPCs. Mind Jack, for all it's terrible traits, was awesome at this. You weren't more powerful than the NPC on it's own(not talking Dark Souls' style PvP invasion), all you could do is usurp expectations. Denying progress completely in Mind Jack was fun but I always switched sides and joined the player if I totally shut them down a few times. It was a great push and pull if you didn't get a player that just immediately turned off assistance/invasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
This made me chuckle. The lesson I take from this game is that Bolivian drivers give no fucks. Was doing a mission to intimidate a sicario who merrily hopped into a car and drove over his two buddies before crashing into a house.

Earwicker posted:

I found a cool little bug. Came across a group of rebels and one of them was kicking a soccer ball around. I stole the ball away from him, hoping he would go after it but expecting he would just go into a different routine and be like a normal rebel just standing around. Instead another soccer ball spawned instantly. I kept doing it until there were like 15 balls then the guy got run over by a truck

Also the new patch seems to have resolved the task force challenges bug - the missing cosmetics turned up when I logged in today.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Also the new patch seems to have resolved the task force challenges bug - the missing cosmetics turned up when I logged in today.
For real? Woo, now I can rejoin the main goon task force. If it isn't still bugged to hell to where I can't actually get in again.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

For real? Woo, now I can rejoin the main goon task force. If it isn't still bugged to hell to where I can't actually get in again.

Just send an app and I'll accept it. :)

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

Just send an app and I'll accept it. :)

Could you accept mine? My uplay username is DocFridaySA. Thanks!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

guns for tits posted:

Could you accept mine? My uplay username is DocFridaySA. Thanks!

I saw it, I was waiting for Mediocrity Goggles to re-apply first because we're right near the cap. I've attempted to accept the other applications but I got errors for all of them, which means we're full.

Anyone currently in the Task Force and playing have any suggestions on how to free up spots for new people? I can't see 50 of the 100 people in the Task Force on the website and there is no last played time that I can find. :(

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

I saw it, I was waiting for Mediocrity Goggles to re-apply first because we're right near the cap. I've attempted to accept the other applications but I got errors for all of them, which means we're full.

Anyone currently in the Task Force and playing have any suggestions on how to free up spots for new people? I can't see 50 of the 100 people in the Task Force on the website and there is no last played time that I can find. :(

Yeah, that's totally fine. Just want to shoot mans with goons

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I'm still playing a little bit every week, not as much but I still get on for the challenges. Is the discord still active?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

guns for tits posted:

Yeah, that's totally fine. Just want to shoot mans with goons

Yeah, it sucks though that I'm sure there's at least a few people who no longer play but are in the task force. I've got an idea.

Alright guys, here's what we're going to do. Since I don't use Uplay for that many games, my friends list isn't a huge deal. So:

If you want to remain in the Task Force and maintain the LLJK tag, you have until Tuesday, May 23rd to send me a friend request on Uplay. If you are not on my Uplay friends list or have a friend request pending by the end of the 23rd, you are at risk of being randomly removed from the task force. My Uplay name is Obsurveyor. You should be able to use my profile page to submit a request or the Uplay client. I purged my friends list once the task force filled up awhile back so don't just trust that I'm still on your friends list.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
Do any of y'all use the app? I'm debating putting it in Chrome or an Android emulator on a second monitor if it's synced well.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Xenocidebot posted:

Do any of y'all use the app? I'm debating putting it in Chrome or an Android emulator on a second monitor if it's synced well.

I downloaded it, couldn't sync it to my game, despite 15 min of trying, and never messed with it ever again

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Obsurveyor posted:

Yeah, it sucks though that I'm sure there's at least a few people who no longer play but are in the task force. I've got an idea.

Alright guys, here's what we're going to do. Since I don't use Uplay for that many games, my friends list isn't a huge deal. So:

If you want to remain in the Task Force and maintain the LLJK tag, you have until Tuesday, May 23rd to send me a friend request on Uplay. If you are not on my Uplay friends list or have a friend request pending by the end of the 23rd, you are at risk of being randomly removed from the task force. My Uplay name is Obsurveyor. You should be able to use my profile page to submit a request or the Uplay client. I purged my friends list once the task force filled up awhile back so don't just trust that I'm still on your friends list.

If I can help it, I would like to stay in the task force, but if you want to make room, you can boot Onimorter since I recently uninstalled it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Has anyone had a bug where you are unable to tag or mark enemies? I just started the game last night and I was able to aim down sights and mark the enemies with the orange circle.

Now it just doesn't happen. I've tried using the drone and aiming at them, nothing.

I've tried closing the game and relaunching to no avail.

Anyone else have this happen?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Beastie posted:

Has anyone had a bug where you are unable to tag or mark enemies? I just started the game last night and I was able to aim down sights and mark the enemies with the orange circle.

Now it just doesn't happen. I've tried using the drone and aiming at them, nothing.

I've tried closing the game and relaunching to no avail.

Anyone else have this happen?

on and off. its an ubisoft game so think of it as a difficulty modifier.

my favorite one is the drone stops deploying even after a hard cycle of the game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Well at least it's not The Division.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

Thanks for the invite!

I don't know why ubisoft couldn't just increase the member cap to 500 or 1000.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
This is the most consistently, frustratingly almost-great game that I'll probably sink 100 hours into.

I just got the prompt that I can kill El Sueno now, is there any reason not to? I'm assuming I can continue clearing out the other leaders afterward, right?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Any PS4 goon willing to help me knock out the Finished the Job trophy by shooting someone in the leg so I can melee them? I will be happy to help with any trophies or whatnot in return. PSN: rvenutolo (typically on weekdays between 8 and 10pm Eastern US and variously on the weekends)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

This is the most consistently, frustratingly almost-great game that I'll probably sink 100 hours into.

I just got the prompt that I can kill El Sueno now, is there any reason not to? I'm assuming I can continue clearing out the other leaders afterward, right?

The ending is slightly different but you can go back into the world, finish off the other bosses and get the second ending afterwards.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The ending is slightly different but you can go back into the world, finish off the other bosses and get the second ending afterwards.

Its also pretty funny if you do everything before Sueno. Right after the ending it says something along the lines of "You've completed 100% of the missions, go back into the world and complete 100% of the missions to get a secret ending!"

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Its also pretty funny if you do everything before Sueno. Right after the ending it says something along the lines of "You've completed 100% of the missions, go back into the world and complete 100% of the missions to get a secret ending!"

:what:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Alright, purge mode is now in effect for the task force. Basically, if you're not on my friends list on Uplay and you're listed on the Members page of the task force(first 50 people) then you're at risk of being randomly removed for new applications that properly list their SA username or contact me through discord. I'm going to hold off on removing anyone listed in the Discord as well since it's pretty small.

All pending applications have been accepted.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
poo poo, don't remove me. I haven't had a chance to send you a friend request on UPlay. I'll do that when I get home later tonight.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
I've done my duty! Yeti successfully run over!

For the solo challenges, the five clues are here (shamelessly pasted from reddit). They're all in Inca Camina.
- Location #1 Dead Bodies - Lat: -20.4267, Long: -66.3490
- Location #2 Climbers - Lat: -20.5474, Long: -65.8776
- Location #3 Cave - Lat: -20.6613, Long -65.4023 (Bodies are on the right side)
- Location #4 Campsite (Clipboard) - Lat: -20.7962, Long -64.6274
- Location #5 Crash Site - Lat: -19.3569, Long: -66.7930

And to summon the Yeti if you go to these (small, dark, blood covered) rocks you'll get a prompt to press "E".
- Stained Rocks - Lat: -19.7417 Long: -66.6621

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My username's the same here as it is on uplay (with a _ on the end) and I'm on your friends list, and I'm in the discord, so hopefully you don't just zone out, fall into a click>remove>click>remove hypnosis and delete me :ohdear:

edit: Did they add some sort of anticheat service or something? I just launched the game and "easyanticheat" popped up

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 25, 2017

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
The yeti is seriously a roaring cartel sniper guy?

Obsurveyor, sent you a friend request.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hamlet442 posted:

The yeti is seriously a roaring cartel sniper guy?

Obsurveyor, sent you a friend request.

Apparently so, a one-shot-kills-you sniper at that.

I got every spot except for the plane crash (which I found and spent ten minutes wandering around) before getting sick of my game freezing for 15 seconds every 5.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hexenritter posted:

edit: Did they add some sort of anticheat service or something? I just launched the game and "easyanticheat" popped up

It's been in there since beta. Their stealth install just some times isn't very stealthy.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Obsurveyor posted:

It's been in there since beta. Their stealth install just some times isn't very stealthy.

Ubisoft: poo poo, we're made!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Morter posted:

Ubisoft: poo poo, we're made!

Sorry, I don't know how else to describe the install behavior of EasyAntiCheat.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I FINALLY GOT INTO LLJK!!!! Bugs be gone.

I used to play Doom on 14.4 baud when you had to pay hourly for access to a 4 player game. It actually worked quite well.

Wildlands is pretty fun because I've had a chance to play with random people around the world and we shot up digital narcos. The best people to play with are russians and/or aussies/new zealanders. We've had debates about Kalashnikovs and Rose McIver as the yellow power ranger. I just watch iZombie I didn't obsess over her oh yes I did. This is the best microphone-enabled game ever except for maybe every other microphone enabled game ever. I digress. Lots of conversations about random bullshit around the world while I spray my Scorpion Evo 3 all over the place sans suppressor.

Thanks for the invite oh no what did you do.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Uhh sir, this is a McDonald's Drive Thru

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Sending you thoughts and prayers bro

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Garcin posted:

I FINALLY GOT INTO LLJK!!!! Bugs be gone.

I used to play Doom on 14.4 baud when you had to pay hourly for access to a 4 player game. It actually worked quite well.

Wildlands is pretty fun because I've had a chance to play with random people around the world and we shot up digital narcos. The best people to play with are russians and/or aussies/new zealanders. We've had debates about Kalashnikovs and Rose McIver as the yellow power ranger. I just watch iZombie I didn't obsess over her oh yes I did. This is the best microphone-enabled game ever except for maybe every other microphone enabled game ever. I digress. Lots of conversations about random bullshit around the world while I spray my Scorpion Evo 3 all over the place sans suppressor.

Thanks for the invite oh no what did you do.

Hmmm.......

:yeah:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

So the yeti actually exists?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

guns for tits posted:

So the yeti actually exists?

He didn't when YouTubers were going retarded over it but they patched in him. It's a guy in a white ghillie suit and a snipe rifle.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

doctor 7 posted:

He didn't when YouTubers were going retarded over it but they patched in him. It's a guy in a white ghillie suit and a snipe rifle.

They're also trying to find el chupacabra

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My buddy and I just cleared out "Truck Depot" where you sneak in, photograph some docs, then sneak out. Except we aren't getting the win... we tried t three different times stealing bikes and leaving, leaving in a different vehicle, or the same as we came in. Didn't matter.

Finally we decided to kill everyone in the base so we could gently caress with every variable, then an Unidad chopper wouldn't leave us alone so we sniped it, all remaining undetected. Then it exploded in the base, blowing our cover and the mission.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hed posted:

My buddy and I just cleared out "Truck Depot" where you sneak in, photograph some docs, then sneak out. Except we aren't getting the win... we tried t three different times stealing bikes and leaving, leaving in a different vehicle, or the same as we came in. Didn't matter.

Finally we decided to kill everyone in the base so we could gently caress with every variable, then an Unidad chopper wouldn't leave us alone so we sniped it, all remaining undetected. Then it exploded in the base, blowing our cover and the mission.

shitballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

It's incredibly funny when you do a barrel roll or a sharp turn in your plane, and your character just starts swearing.

• Locked thread