Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why would lasers want to touch him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Akumos posted:

Why would anyone need to touch him in a reality where people shoot giant lasers?

Man, those lasers are made of ki. Spirit. Soul.

Would you want to touch him with your soul?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku should put Roshi in the rice cooker until he can learn to respect women

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Then, with the empty slot on the team there'll be space for Lunch to make her grand return

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm kinda sad Black/Zamasu never got permasealed by Mafuba. Seems like a really good punishment, considering how horrific it is to experience going by him and Piccolo Daimao.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

I'm kinda sad Black/Zamasu never got permasealed by Mafuba. Seems like a really good punishment, considering how horrific it is to experience going by him and Piccolo Daimao.

Alternate Zamasu did, by Whis "more effective mafuba" whatever that means.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Black August posted:

I was honestly expecting this to happen when it came up, just because it would be an excuse to have them escape somehow at a later date. This franchise loves giving it's better villains more airtime (Buu, Frieza).

The sad thing about Zen-oh blipping him out of existence is there's no way we'll see them again :(

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Raxivace posted:

Pilaf would be their best bet as team leader, clearly. I mean he even has experience beyond his years as an emperor.

I really dont know why Piccolo isnt

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

extra row of teeth posted:

The sad thing about Zen-oh blipping him out of existence is there's no way we'll see them again :(

Bulma can undo that with time travel, shes more powerful than Zeno. They made a whole new universe for Future Trunks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Bulma can undo that with time travel, shes more powerful than Zeno. They made a whole new universe for Future Trunks.

I still find it hilarious that NOBODY managed to figure out, or even dared to try time travel until Bulma nailed it because she was sick of robot bullshit. And it has led to a God cascade of incredible apocalypse.

Bulma is greater than the Heavenly Host and two small god kids.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

people didn't try it outside of earth because it's illegal. earth is an ignorant backwater that doesn't know about the rules in dbz

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I forgot about that.

gently caress GT. After Super I want to see the show Bulma: Queen of the Multiverse, in which she and Bulla solve everyone's problems in a mech suit while using Vegeta for occasional brawn and Jaco for politics

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I forgot about that.

gently caress GT. After Super I want to see the show Bulma: Queen of the Multiverse, in which she and Bulla solve everyone's problems in a mech suit while using Vegeta for occasional brawn and Jaco for politics

Bulma, Vegeta, Jaco, Trunks, and Bra having far flung cosmic adventures would be cool.

Ok that's it. Bulma for New Zeno 2017. Writing in my goddamn ballot. Satan takes the place of the Grand Priest.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Akumos posted:

Why would anyone need to touch him in a reality where people shoot giant lasers?

roshi's not strong enough to survive a giant laser, so the only way to get him out the ring without breaking the rules is by touching him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Black August posted:

Bulma, Vegeta, Jaco, Trunks, and Bra having far flung cosmic adventures would be cool.

Ok that's it. Bulma for New Zeno 2017. Writing in my goddamn ballot. Satan takes the place of the Grand Priest.

Beerus would just slap her again and make himself top dog.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Beerus has repeatedly shown in recent episodes he's goddamn terrified of Bulma.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sassassin posted:

Dude, Beerus is SCARED of her, and with good reason. Bulma does not give a gently caress. She'll march right up to the rear end in a top hat, grab his hand, smack it to her forehead, and DARE him to loving do it and prove to everyone what a worthless Destroyer he is.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

So it took weeks of reading and watching, but I finally caught up with the thread and the anime both. Dragonball is really good you guys!

Also when the dub aired the episode when Mr. Satan was pulling an epic battle out of his rear end, I loving swore he said lord Beavis instead of Beebus or whatever. It inspired me to draw a thing in MS Paint

this is amazing

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

^ Thanks!

Also I know the conversation moved past this and apologize, but just want to vomit out my thoughts on Sub 90/Dub 18 before the next episodes air:

First off the dub: Holy poo poo if you appreciate the Funimation actors go watch the dub right loving now. While many people probably like the American dub due to nostalgia or not being a fan of Nozawa's voice, the voicework is so loving good that it's worth watching the episodes again even if you're perfectly happy with the sub. Even the shittier parts of the first saga was made infinitely better by Sabat and Schemmel's voicework, and with that in mind I have high hopes for the second.

Highlights of episode 18 include Vegeta's weirdly whimsical sing-song voice when he's tempting Beerus with a sardine and Goku's higher-than-Nozawa's "WhaaaAAAAAT?!" Also the entire pee sequence. Schemmel is really knocking it out of the park with incorporating Goku's manchild tendencies into his voice acting and I bet he has been taking cues from Nozawa's performance.

Now speaking of voices, onto the sub: I like Nozawa as an actor, and she clearly has the range to make characters sound different (eg: Goku Black), but man I was not a fan of her doing Goku and Gohan both at once. The voices for the two characters are too similar and it was 20 minutes of ATATATATATATATATATATAT

This could be because I feel overwhelmingly meh about adult Gohan, but wasn't a fan of the entire episode. Tien is clearly Jobber Supreme before the tournament even starts and Piccolo did a whole lot of nothing. The fight itself was also not very interesting with Goku and Gohan using a lot of DBZ-era punching loops, but that is probably a necessary evil because they're saving their animation budget for the real fighting in the tournament. It was cool seeing Gohan get back in action and act serious, even if between the orange gi and the "notice me senpai" poo poo he pulled he's clearly still living under his father's shadow. Overall light on story, light on punchmans, meh.

VVV Point taken, spoilers removed :shobon:

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 19, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
You don't need to spoil anything from an aired episode unless it's like in the middle of airing right now.

Hell, most people don't bother spoiling when they talk about actual spoilers from upcoming unaired episodes.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Cross posting from the action figures thread:

This is actually coming out in October for 9000円 or about $81.

Also, FINALLY

Been waiting for this forever. Also in October, it'll be 5616円 or about $50. My favorite look for Goku. Now I can just swap his standard, SSJ or SSJBlue heads.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
why is he yellow

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Cease to Hope posted:

why is he yellow

free photo hosting
free photo hosting

Toriyama always colored him more yellow than orange. Hell, in original DB, the turtle outfits were straight up red.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 19, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

free photo hosting
free photo hosting

Toriyama always colored him more yellow than orange. Hell, in original DB, the turtle outfits were straight up red.

I think he meant the whole jaundice pall to his skin.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just pretend there's a big red god ki energy field around him changing his lighting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

I think he meant the whole jaundice pall to his skin.

Goku is Asian you racist.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Goku is Asian you racist.

super asian god super asian goku

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
they have an Asia on planet Vegeta?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Cross posting from the action figures thread:

This is actually coming out in October for 9000円 or about $81.

Also, FINALLY

Been waiting for this forever. Also in October, it'll be 5616円 or about $50. My favorite look for Goku. Now I can just swap his standard, SSJ or SSJBlue heads.

Shenron is cool and quite affordable for what he is.

SS God Goku still looks very deviant art hank the chog so eh.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shenron is cool and quite affordable for what he is.

SS God Goku still looks very deviant art hank the chog so eh.

Yeah, I'm immediately popping the head off and using one of the base Goku, or SSJ or SSJBlue heads I have from other figures. It's weird 'cause red is my favorite color, but something about the SSJGod design has never sat well with me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Too much muscle for SSG but expecting them to not reuse molds at this point is crazy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RBX posted:

Too much muscle for SSG but expecting them to not reuse molds at this point is crazy.

It's actually a new-ish mold first used for the new SSJ3 figure they just put out. Much better sculpting than the old one used for like ten different versions of Goku (and a Gohan)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So it took weeks of reading and watching, but I finally caught up with the thread and the anime both. Dragonball is really good you guys!

Also when the dub aired the episode when Mr. Satan was pulling an epic battle out of his rear end, I loving swore he said lord Beavis instead of Beebus or whatever. It inspired me to draw a thing in MS Paint

WE'RE NEVER GOING TO SCORE SOME PUDDING!

Sort of unrelated question, but is an Angel's power just to do whatever they want within a universe as a facilitator of the gods? They kind of already are just a whatever the writers want card pulling babies out of mothers fully developed and reversing time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crabtree posted:

WE'RE NEVER GOING TO SCORE SOME PUDDING!

Sort of unrelated question, but is an Angel's power just to do whatever they want within a universe as a facilitator of the gods? They kind of already are just a whatever the writers want card pulling babies out of mothers fully developed and reversing time.

Bulma was already at the "about to pop" phase so Bulla probably came out as developed as she already was.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Crabtree posted:

everyone's power is to do whatever they want in service of the plot

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

IcePhoenix posted:

Bulma was already at the "about to pop" phase so Bulla probably came out as developed as she already was.

Hell, Bulla was actually overdue.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

uhhhh... what's this stupid ring around my face?

heh-heh, it's an o-ring

*half a minute of giggling*

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I like the american dub beerus better than the japanese one, although they're both good, but the american whis isn't as perfectly aloof as the japanese one.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i kinda miss japanese whis's androgyny, although that was already sort of gone by the time universe 6 was introduced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I haven't been watching all the episodes of the dub but it really is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CslUwi3t6U

Whoaaaa I forgot my tractooorrrr

• Locked thread