Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm not sure I'm comfortableslut shaming an unmarried dad for engaging in perfectly legal sexual behavior with an 18/f.

Put down the haterade Pick.

:goonsay:

But the age gap!

Oh, wait, that was mirthless' thing wasn't it. I wonder what happened to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The age gap is a huge tell though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Bubblyblubber posted:

Am pretty person, can confirm am soulless, like gingers

I (25F) drank too much and embarrassed myself in front of my boyfriend's mother (46F) and her friends

I loving hate people that drink like this and think they have to pressure other people around them to drink as well so that everyone can have ~~fun~~. Some people go out and don't need to drink one of everything behind the bar to enjoy themselves, or they can have a couple of drinks over the night and be good. Don't loving shame them into doing shots and all this bullshit. Jesus, gently caress, it makes me so goddamned angry. My ex used to get guilt-tripped into going out for drinks with her co-workers and would then get guilt-tripped into drinking way too much (she was a lightweight to begin with and on meds that didn't play nice with too much alcohol) and would inevitably end up calling me for a lift home because she was poo poo-faced and her co-workers had ditched her somewhere. But if she tried to say she didn't want to go for a drink or only wanted one beer she'd get called a spoilsport and a party-pooper. The times she didn't go out for drinks they'd loving text her saying how much fun she was missing out on. It was goddamned insane. Why do you need other people to validate your over-indulging? This sort of manipulation and guilt-tripping is worse than straight-up abuse because if you try to call people out over how lovely it is they hide behind the bullshit excuse of "I just wanted you to enjoy yourself" rather than admit they're at fault or that they're trying to normalise their excessive behaviour. At least if the mom had have punched her or something she'd clearly be the bad guy in the story and not just the 'wacky, fun-loving mom who likes a drink'.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In my spouses culture, drinking to the point of illness is considered a polite and expected thing to do in a suitable social gathering. So the first time I met their family which in their culture was a defacto "we are getting married"I got suitably ripped and ill and everyone was happy that i felt like I was dying for like a day.

The trick was, after doing that on subsequent occasions I deferred over drinking by saying it would denigrate the first time we drank together to drink the same amount for such a less important occasion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

In my spouses culture, drinking to the point of illness is considered a polite and expected thing to do in a suitable social gathering. So the first time I met their family which in their culture was a defacto "we are getting married"I got suitably ripped and ill and everyone was happy that i felt like I was dying for like a day.

The trick was, after doing that on subsequent occasions I deferred over drinking by saying it would denigrate the first time we drank together to drink the same amount for such a less important occasion.

this guy knows how it's done

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
LEAVE PERRY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP ALONE

quote:

Hi /r/relationships. I (late 20s F) am a longtime reader, but I was never expecting to actually have to post here.

Many years ago, my husband ("Jackson") drew a webcomic that had a small but dedicated fanbase. He stopped working on the comic several years ago. Within the last two years, he also disabled the email account associated with the comic and took down the old website. So basically, we thought that chapter of his life had closed.

Today, Jackson received a message at his personal address from a fan (? M, who I'll call "Rando"), requesting that he relinquish the defunct comic to him and his friend. Their intention seems to be to continue the webcomic where it left off.

The email had terrible spelling and grammar and was generally pretty confusing. There was a lot of weird over-sharing, with emphasis on Rando’s friend’s insecurity. The general tone implied that it was within Jackson’s power (and was his responsibility) to fix these issues. Rando also linked the friend’s DeviantArt account, and it was…well…exactly about what you’d expect. It’s really, really bad.

Jackson sent a brief but polite reply, thanking Rando et al. for being fans, but indicating that he did not wish his comic to be continued by anyone. A few hours later, three more emails showed up. Each one was more confusing than the last, rambling about yard sales, Skype dates, and begging him to relinquish the comic or at least send art critique to the friend.

We both want this to go away as quickly and painlessly as possible. Jackson thinks that if he sends some very basic, constructive criticism Rando’s way, it will placate him and hopefully the emails will stop. I do not agree. I think any response beyond “please leave me alone” is only going to encourage Rando and I worry about potential future harassment. I do not get the impression from these emails that Rando or his friend (if there even really is a friend) are particularly stable, and they certainly have some kind of unhealthy attachment to/perception of my husband. Furthermore, I assume Rando found Jackson’s email through his professional website, which means that it will be relatively easy to find more information about him. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do?

Tl;dr: Creepy fan(s) of husband’s former webcomic tracked down his personal email and are sending him weird messages. They do not seem to want to take “no” for an answer. How do we make this go away?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

c'mon, new r/incel thread. someone do it but not me. there's so much good stuff in nice guy towne

As you wishhhhhhh

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

elise the great posted:

My husband, god bless him, doesn't like onions. He'll eat them if they're cooked into a meal, as long as they're diced fine or cooked down really far, but in general he loathes them. He says they have a "foamy" texture that doesn't fully disappear until they're basically cooked into jam, and then they get stringy unless they're cut up fine.

He also hates cilantro and doesn't like pickles. If he weren't an intrepid food-adventurer otherwise, I would legitimately consider this a dealbreaker. As it is, I just stare into my fresh homemade pico de gallo and weep, certain that if I just made it BETTER NEXT TIME then he would LEARN TO LOVE ONIONS and I would be a GOOD WIFE

I prefer my onions cooked down, raw or even slightly cooked I am not a fan of the texture, but they're necessary for so many things, and not really noticeable if they're cooked a bit. This is usually why if I have a recipe that calls for onions, I'll just cook them in the pan a little bit right before I put everything else in, that way they're not too firm. But they also don't disappear. The only thing I make where they pretty much disappear is chili, but it simmers for so long I don't think there is a way to help that.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i prefer my onions in my bitch roommate's bed

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gently caress you guys I touched the poop and commented on how "all a woman has to do is say she's afraid and the cops are instantly on her side and will take your kids away" is dumb and misogynist and now I've got people literally saying "I'm a woman and a domestic abuse survivor and you're wrong it's OK to say that" and what the hell is going on :psyduck:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

gently caress you guys I touched the poop
Don't touch it!

My [43 M] gf [46 F] will not euthanize her cat

quote:

r/relationshipsRelationships

u/killyourfukkencat

I know it probably sounds like I'm being a jerk but here's the score:

She has a 15-year-old cat that is very sick. She gives it insulin but it still vomits and goes into diabetic shock regularly. It always looks like it's going to die but because she has pet insurance the vet keeps telling her she's ok to run new tests and new medication.

She's spent thousands and thousands trying to save this dying animal. It craps on the floor and she has to clean it up because it won't go in the litter anymore.

I honestly would just let it be her decision to put the animal down but recently it's begun to affect our relationship. 2 weeks ago we had to drive to her house because her son said the cat was dying. It obviously survived.

Then last night at 1:30 am she gets out of bed and answers a call from her son saying the cat is dying. She left in the middle of the night to take it to an emergency clinic. The cat is, somehow, still alive.

Personally I feel like she just needs to euthanize this cat. It is ridiculous, in my own view, to care for a dying animal that is clearly suffering. But I can't talk about it because obviously she will get emotional about it, being attached to the animal.

I'd love to leave it be but having her leave at 1:30 am to save a cat that should already be dead was really quite shocking if I'm being honest.

tl;dr: Gf won't euthanize sick cat. Should I shut up or keep trying to convince her

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 18, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

That does not bode well for any child they have with a disability

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Don't touch it!

That account name

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Nazzadan posted:

edit: tbh I literally registered for the site for the last edition of the r/relationships thread so if I'm out of line, assume that's why.
*smugly adds line to mod resume about driving traffic*

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

maskenfreiheit posted:

holy poo poo is this spoonful of bromide?

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

I see what you're saying, but there does honestly come a point with old sick pets where you're actually doing them more harm and pain by desperately trying to keep them alive :smith:. It's never an easy decision, and this guy comes off like a callous prick, but I kind of see where he's coming from.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

He has a point, he's just an insensitive clod. Part of being a pet owner is being able to have a little bit of distance and make that call to euthanize when your pet has no quality of life, no matter how much it will hurt you personally.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kelp Me! posted:

I can't help but feel like his reaction to a geriatric cat plodding along to the sweet embrace of death after a long and presumably happy life tells us very little about his reaction to a disabled child.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Kelp Me! posted:

Comments:

quote:

JayGeezy1

9m
I am not at all kidding: Put a pillow over the poor thing's head and hold it for a minute or two. 'Poor guy had enough & died peacefully in his sleep' Problem solved for everyone

Reddit :allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TOOT BOOT posted:

He has a point, he's just an insensitive clod. Part of being a pet owner is being able to have a little bit of distance and make that call to euthanize when your pet has no quality of life, no matter how much it will hurt you personally.

Yeah but you have to approach it the right way. Approach it the wrong way and she'll buckle down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Just make her watch Johnny Got His Gun and periodically look over at that cat for a good 10 seconds. She'll get it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:ssh: I don't literally believe that a guy who thinks his GF's suffering cat should be euthanized would actually euthanize his own disabled child :ssh:

Comments:

Reddit :allears:

However I am still amused but also kind of :stare: at this

but yes, the :allears: smilie could probably be renamed :reddit:

e: o god there already is a reddit smilie why (it's pretty appropriate)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kelp Me! posted:

:ssh: I don't literally believe that a guy who thinks his GF's suffering cat should be euthanized would actually euthanize his own disabled child :ssh:

However I am still amused but also kind of :stare: at this

but yes, the :allears: smilie could probably be renamed :reddit:

e: o god there already is a reddit smilie why (it's pretty appropriate)

That happened when SA had to peer pressure Reddit into removing their jailbait boards. Does anyone have that "Closed by order of Something Awful" image? Because that's good stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maskenfreiheit posted:

this is clearlyy about goku pants guy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

R/sex comments

quote:

Zsill777
I actually tried sounding myself way before I started masturbating

quote:

Zsill777
Kind of weird thought process I guess. But as a kid we always had little water toys and such for bath time. Two being some superhero action figure with a trident that you could "shoot" out of his arm or something. Another were medicine syringes (the kind that comes with kids cold medicine just for measuring and squirting liquid, no sharp part). They both happened to be about the right size to fit in the end of my penis, so, as a kid might put a fork in an electrical socket, I did the same with these. Thinking on it now it was probably a tiny bit on the dangerous side, but nothing bad ever happened.

quote:

IllBeBack
I tried out anal penetration during masturbation with the wooden handle of a jump rope.

quote:

Pinguinchen
I carved a buttplug out of a candle

lilcherrylil
So are you still in the business or? If the quality increased as you got older, you may have found yourself a new customer

quote:

koranuso
Seems like only women responding. When I was like 9 or 10, I discovered a rip in the stitching of this stuffed bear I had. The floof inside felt nice so I stuck myself inside and humped away. Did that quite often for I don't even remember how long

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:same:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Seems like only women responding. When I was like 9 or 10, I discovered a rip in the stitching of this stuffed bear I had. The floof inside felt nice so I stuck myself inside and humped away. Did that quite often for I don't even remember how long 

My friend's Chihuahua does this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
This will probably sound kind of stupid. My wife and I just celebrated our 4 year anniversary yesterday and it was really good. I'd made some plans to surprise her with some stuff on Friday and we went to bed happy with our marriage.

In order to explain this morning, I need to present some backstory. My wife has bipolar disorder and last year she got to a really depressive state and spent about a month in an outpatient program at a mental health hospital. I have depression as well, so I'm dealing with stuff as well. We both go see therapists, sometimes together and sometimes apart. My wife also had bunion surgery where she was unable to put weight on her foot for about 3 months. During her depressive state, I was kind of on my own with our son, she wasn't always present in our family. We had daycare from when she had started working, so my son was fine during the day. Though I think she would have been good with our son if he'd been at home.

Anyways, the point of contention are the litter boxes that I'm talking about. We have three cats and 1 dog, in a pretty small, three bedroom townhouse. When we first moved in, we only had the one cat. Then we added a dog after I started looking at rescues online after we had moved in. He is my dog and I do all the walking and feeding, for the most part. Sometimes my wife helps out, takes him for a walk or feeds him if I can't. Then, a couple of months after we got the dog, we were going to Petsmart for something for the dog, and my wife wandered into the cat adoption event that was going on. And she asked if we could get two cats. I caved on it, even though we really didn't have the space. So the three humans in the house are outnumbered by the animals.

So the cat in question is the first one that we had. There was a long period of time where he would pee all over the baseboards house and and he would poop on the floor in front of the litter boxes, rather than in them. From the start I was pretty much the only one who would clean the litter boxes, because I was the only one who wanted it done at least every other day. We eventually got up to three big boxes, to try and make the messes better but things didn't really get better.

After my wife was able to walk again a couple of months ago, she told me she was going to step up and start taking care of the litter boxes. We've had a lot of fights it seems like about her not doing it enough for me. She'll leave it sit for a week sometimes and then the old cat starts pooping on the floor again. He has medicine that's supposed to calm him down but it doesn't help if the litter box is filthy. If I bring up the fact that they need to be cleaned, she gets all defensive and mentions all the things that she asks me to do, like picking up after myself and cleaning up the kitchen after I make a meal. These are things I've been doing better about. Sometimes its hard to remember, when I'm doing other things like taking care of our son or doing laundry and all the other things we've got to do to take care of a house. She would tell me that her getting better at the litter boxes would be a slow thing and it's going to take her awhile to get used to doing them, to get a routine. I still have no idea how to react to that. It's hard to see evidence of her even attempting a routine because it starts and stops so much.

I would have thoughts that she cared more for the cats instead of me, because she would just leave it to me and she wouldn't fill up their food bowl or their water. My wife hadn't cleaned the boxes for about a week, and they were starting to really smell. I found poop in front of one of the boxes this morning, after I didn't sleep well at all and it enraged me. That's the only word I had for it. I went for a run afterwards and I thought about talking to my wife and I kept going around the thought that I couldn't handle having another baby if I was responsible for three cats and a dog. and two kids when it felt like I was all alone in the responsibilities. It would have to be either another baby or the cats. When I got back to the house, she was in the shower and when I got to the top of the stairs, the older cat that kept pooping on the floor was right on the middle of the landing and I swung my foot at it. I hit one of his legs and he scrambled away from me. I went numb inside and told her once she got out of the shower. She said the cat's leg was still OK though. There were so many things said, but once she got to work, she texted me to pick up our son because she was going to get birth control put back in. She wanted to stop pretending that I wanted another baby right now.

TL'DRKicked our cat. Had a huge fight about who's not keeping up their responsibilities. Now wife is going back on birth control because she thinks I've been pretending to want another child and I'm terrified for our marriage. I have no idea what to do. Going to try and see my therapist after work. What else should I do?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Get divorced + therapy + don't play war of attrition with pets toilets

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
no

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Get divorced + therapy + don't play war of attrition with pets toilets

Lol if you don't poo poo+piss in the cat box to assert dominance

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I don't understand people that don't like onions period. Back when I was a super picky eater, onions were one of the few things I could tolerate, which means that anybody that cant handle onions is below me when I was at my absolute pickiest.

They have a great mixture of sweetness and kick that you can adjust based on how you prepare them. They're carby and wonderful.
*huffs onion fumes*

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blue Train posted:

thhis but everywhere

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blue Train posted:

I wanted to piss on an aggressive rabbit once.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm convinced I don't like onions because my mom convinced me to bite into a raw onion as a small child.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm convinced I don't like onions because my mom convinced me to bite into a raw onion as a small child.

That's completely insufficient to explain it, Tony Abbott

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
confession: i once really needed to pee at a party and the line was really long then some chick cut me just as i was going in and i got frustrated so i went to the basement because sometimes there's a toilet in the basement and there wasn't but there was a litterbox so i peed in that

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
the cat saw everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Wrong, raw onion owns