Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

lol at hard taco shells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Good luck with this Navajo code talker stuff, shitizens. Just wait until you see what this is all actually about.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MK Ultra. :ohdear:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Everyone's been dosed with acid. See what happens next.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Today:

Previously:

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Lladre posted:

Amazon buying out RSI would suck.
Having a mediocre game come out of this debacle would be the worst possible outcome.

Actually, that would be funny as gently caress, especially if they completely sidelined Crobbers to try and get the drat thing out (in a MVP form). Then it would almost be a complete re-run of the whole Freelancer/Digital Anvil/Microsft debacle. ;)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I plan on getting the new ship maybe if they impress me. It'll be a small upgrade.

Also someone exposed derek on reddit. hes not a doctor. Yet another reason you guys shouldnt hold him up to such high regard

Why'd you stop? Make more posts.

So far, this is really low effort and extremely :sad:.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Turns out I am probably allergic to blue cheese, my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

:(

Never again.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lladre posted:

Thread getting weird again.
scrod

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

XK posted:

Why'd you stop? Make more posts.

So far, this is really low effort and extremely :sad:.

I'm playing prey

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

poetry

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

XK posted:

Your idea of adding scrod is good. The cool crispness of the scrod goes really well with the blue scrod scrod thing. Literally just cut scrod temperature blue scrod into the bottom of the scrod, then a little scrod on top. Not a topping. Underneath.

It also says to bake the scrod. What the gently caress? Just scrod those things up in a scrod, then scrod your scrod into them. scrod shouldn't involve baking.

Just scrod up some scrod and poo poo in a scrod, with some scrod, then put it in a scrod. Toast up a stack of scrod. Then scrod down with all your scrod in front of you by building each scrod as you scrod it.
scrod

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I'm playing prey

No defense. Still low effort.

Try harder next time.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Drunk Theory posted:

Do you melt the cheese or just top the thing with it?

If you melt the cheese, you will have to buy it back later and it will no longer have LTI.

Better to get a Cross Cheese Upgrade (CCU).

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

'Bout as close as I can get tbh. Hard to be eloquent when trying really hard to not pebbledash everything within a good radius.

That probably wasn't much better.

lolvid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDPtgYjOnc

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Four more.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlBd8bGPmE

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Christ, they really overdid particles and fog on today's AtV. Nod to Lumberyard.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I plan on getting the new ship maybe if they impress me. It'll be a small upgrade.

Which ships do you have already in your fleet?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I hope the Amazon theory is accurate, and that they hired a PR firm to detoxify the current SC community, with OSC being the first tier shill to bring the devout to a more reasonable and approachable state.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TheAgent posted:

1,000 yard colorblind stare

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Turns out I am probably allergic to blue cheese, my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

:(

Never again.

You are not allergic. It's the effect researched by all blue cheese eaters, savor it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gonna get a few more posts in before a goon is killed by a lovely taco suggestion, all right!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
In today's ATV

"There is one Sun in the galaxy, which will light all of the planets"

There goes the 110 starsystems.

https://youtu.be/xKRX0ZwzXqk?t=1002

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

In today's ATV

Surely that's a mistake of wording and things aren't that nuts. That sounds like something that would tweak Chris Roberts the gently caress out.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

In today's ATV

It's called Star Citizen, not Stars Citizen.

Stupid Derek.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Everybody, chill out, eat some butter pecan ice cream.

Like me right now.

Can I start the next thread mess by talking about saffron ice cream?

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

This is about Ashes of Creation but it's just too good not to share. Enjoy

quote:

As long as there is no evidence in the form of an official financial statement, the 30 million simply do not exist and all we know is that he will have whatever Kickstarter brings in. You can chose to believe him, just like you can chose to believe in Unicorns. There is no evidence to support his claim and therefor from a scientific and logic standpoint there are no $30 million.

quote:

The same applies to you though. You have no proof that he doesn't have 30 million. So right now he does have the 30 million logically. Right now it is in a state of Schrodinger's Millions. I never claimed to have proof. I just believe him.

You are acting like you have some logical high ground when it isn't true. You can not have proof of something and it still exist.

Because we don't have proof of how gravity works does that mean it doesn't exist?

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/464283/this-looks-like-a-repeat-of-greedmonger-sprinkled-with-starcitizen

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

lol They don't even slightly understand space.

[Chris Roberts getting owned on video by Garriot about physics here]

The only thing a galaxy has one of is a black hole.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

In today's ATV

VY Canis Majoris in the game.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Lol at all the people in that thread saying that CIG's explanation of the engine switch makes any sort of sense.

They managed to merge 2 different "highly customized" >3-year-divergent codebases in a day or 2?

:rolleyes:

I've had plenty of merge nightmares after only a couple weeks of divergence. Their explanation can only make sense to people who aren't familiar with using version control in a collaborative team environment.

Either they're lying about how much they customized cryengine (or they're lying that they even merged any of their code into LY), or they're lying about how long it took. There simply isn't any other possibility. I'm betting on the former.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XK posted:

Can I start the next thread mess by talking about saffron ice cream?

Sounds good..That is talking about saffron ice cream. Which sounds like a really big waste of an expensive spice.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Surely that's a mistake of wording and things aren't that nuts. That sounds like something that would tweak Chris Roberts the gently caress out.

I hope he mispoke because if there is only one Sun, that's not a galaxy, it's a star system.

In fact, the starmap shows that they have Sol starsystem. And Stanton system, which they are supposed to be building out, has its own star, Terra Nova.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

D_Smart posted:

I love freudian slips. lol

Skipped around in the video a bit, coudn't find any obvious video loops in the background image but the greenscreen still shows up all the time with that mesh chair.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tak posted:

Lol at all the people in that thread saying that CIG's explanation of the engine switch makes any sort of sense.

They managed to merge 2 different "highly customized" >3-year-divergent codebases in a day or 2?

I've had plenty of merge nightmares after only a couple weeks of divergence. Their explanation can only make sense to people who aren't familiar with using version control in a collaborative team environment.

Either they're lying about how much they customized cryengine (or they're lying that they even merged any of their code into LY), or they're lying about how long it took. There simply isn't any other possibility. I'm betting on the former.

I think they're lying wholesale. Period.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Drunk Theory posted:

Sounds good..That is talking about saffron ice cream. Which sounds like a really big waste of an expensive spice.

More expensive than high end weed, and hand picked by Iranians.

I've never had it, but I've heard it's good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tak posted:

At this point anyone that has taken CS 101, probably 102 and has basic understanding of the speed of light knows this clusterfuck is impossible without quantum physics.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XK posted:

More expensive than high end weed, and hand picked by Iranians.

I've never had it, but I've heard it's good.

The ice cream I've never had, I mean.

I have a little satchel of saffron, like a gram or so, and that poo poo was like $10. People literally picked the stamens out of flowers. Crazy.

Somebody tell me what to do with it before it gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Haha. The "long con"?

And dont refer to Star Citizen itself.

It's like not producing their promised video game is starting to result in more people believing it may not come out in the near, totally promised by CIG, future.

The surprise!

Oh hey, guess what: if you continue to breathe air you will likely continue to be alive. I know! Shocking turn of events! :allears: