Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's the only thing Jose can still eat ever since Odor removed all his teeth, after all

Are you ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Walked by Ian Krol's mother in court today while she was talking about his season. Resisted the urge to snarkily mention the Pillar thing or ask if he felt like Pillar did nothing wrong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

That is a better apology but he should still be suspended.

If he had a history maybe but isn't this a "first offense" thing? I've never really heard anything bad about Pillar.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

NiceGuy posted:

So the Red Sox are throwing 28-year-old rookie Hector Velazquez against Oakland tonight, ... was doing quite well in AAA (1.55 ERA in 29 IP)

He also has the worst K/9 of any pitcher in Pawtucket with at least 10IP, but he's not walking dudes either (20K to 5BB). Price is due back after one more rehab start so even if Velazquez explodes it shouldn't matter too much.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm not the aggrieved party so it's not my place but that apology tweet reads legit as hell to me. It's pretty much the template of total owning of responsibility of wrongdoing and attempting amends at the right people/groups.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Absolutely, I just think if you spent a night aiming at opposing hitters and showboating after hitting solo shots down five late you should be taken down a peg.

The Braves have been hit seven times in this series and Freeman's out two months. The Blue Jays had their chance to cut poo poo out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

If he had a history maybe but isn't this a "first offense" thing? I've never really heard anything bad about Pillar.

A fine donated to an appropriate charity seems like it'd be appropriate (although I have no idea how free MLB is to fine players), but I wouldn't have any problem if they wanted to set a precedent and suspend him.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Absolutely, I just think if you spent a night aiming at opposing hitters and showboating after hitting solo shots down five late you should be taken down a peg.

The Braves have been hit seven times in this series and Freeman's out two months. The Blue Jays had their chance to cut poo poo out.

You can't tell Aaron Loup to stop being a really bad pitcher, you might as well tell the sun to stop shining.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves now saying Freeman out "at least" 10 weeks. Freddie's definitely the type to try to talk his way back in before he's completely ready, so I hope they stick to whatever timeline they establish.

Rio Ruiz, Johan Camargo, and Jace Peterson will split first and third between them till Adonis Garcia comes back, and first afterward. Ruiz can't hit lefties for poo poo, so Camargo is the one who will probably stay up after then.

Also brawls that sort of happen spontaneously are fun, but premeditated ones with real malice are super dumb, so it'd be nice if the Braves just played loving baseball today and got on with it.

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 18, 2017

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

elentar posted:

Braves now saying Freeman out "at least" 10 weeks. Freddie's definitely the type to try to talk his way back in before he's completely ready, so I hope they stick to whatever timeline they establish.

Rio Ruiz, Johan Camargo, and Jace Peterson will split first and third between them till Adonis Garcia comes back, and first afterward. Ruiz can't hit lefties for poo poo, so Camargo is the one who will probably stay up after then.

Also brawls that sort of happen spontaneously are fun, but premeditated ones with real malice are super dumb, so it'd be nice if the Braves just played loving baseball today and got on with it.

I don't think any players will go into the game intending to fight, but it is a very tense atmosphere, so it won't take much for poo poo to pop off.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Chexoid posted:

You can't tell Aaron Loup to stop being a really bad pitcher, you might as well tell the sun to stop shining.

Loup honestly doesn't have the accuracy to even choose between pitches inside or outside. I dont think he was really trying to hurt Freeman.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

if a pitcher is so inaccurate that he can't stop from hitting dudes maybe he shouldn't be in the majors?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Aaron Loup absolutely should not be in the majors, but we live in an inherently amoral universe.

Also, I used to think Kevin Pillar's poor hitting was directly related to him being a huge dumbass, but I guess one can exist without the other.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pillar has been suspended for two games by the Jays.

EDIT: And his pay is being donated. Escobar's went to You Can Play/GLAAD, I assume that will be the case here as well.

https://twitter.com/gregorMLB/status/865305757318643712

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 18, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

BasicFunk posted:

I don't think any players will go into the game intending to fight, but it is a very tense atmosphere, so it won't take much for poo poo to pop off.

I mean it's not the Brian McCann/Chris Johnson Braves but it wouldn't surprise me if they go into the game looking for a fight.

Freeman was the almost lone bright spot for the Braves this season. They were a bottom scraping team (I mean the NL East is the Nats and 4 last place teams, essentially) with a top 5 hitter in baseball in the lineup. This is really loving bad and I don't expect they'll take it lightly.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

TheFlyingLlama posted:

if a pitcher is so inaccurate that he can't stop from hitting dudes maybe he shouldn't be in the majors?

You'd get rid of like 25% of all MLB pitchers this way

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be worried about the jays starters getting injured tonight if they had any uninjured starters

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

patonthebach posted:

You'd get rid of like 25% of all MLB pitchers this way

This will make baseball more exciting for sure.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

New Concept Hole posted:

This will make baseball more exciting for sure.

Are you not excited for 40-man season???

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I believe the term is "effectively wild".

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Just wait till you see how bad the guys in the minors are!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Popete posted:

I believe the term is "effectively wild".

Randy Johnson throwing over John Kruk's head and striking him out as he's bailing on every pitch, then Larry Walker turning around to bat righty is one of the better all star game things to ever happen. Or were those two separate all star games?

Randy's just the first pitcher that springs to mind whenever I hear the phrase 'effectively wild.'

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If Randy Johnson were pitching to me my first instinct wouldn't be to swing the bat but to leap 3 feet away from the batters box on every pitch because nope, no sirree don't want to deal with that poo poo. That's fuckin' terrifying. Nope.

I'm just gonna sit down.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Grittybeard posted:

Larry Walker turning around to bat righty is one of the better all star game things to ever happen.

This is one of my favorite moments of all time in baseball, period.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

Randy Johnson throwing over John Kruk's head and striking him out as he's bailing on every pitch, then Larry Walker turning around to bat righty is one of the better all star game things to ever happen. Or were those two separate all star games?

Randy's just the first pitcher that springs to mind whenever I hear the phrase 'effectively wild.'

How about Clemens throwing a belt high curve to strike out Piazza which he immediately bailed on because it started out coming right at him?

That might have been a regular season game though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pitchers need a bat on the mound to flip when he gets the strike three looking where the guy falls over ducking out of the way.

It's the most embarrassing possible moment in baseball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You say this the day after we had a game winning single bounce off of a man's face

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TheFlyingLlama posted:

It worked really well for Nolan Ryan :shrug:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
While talking about whether homophobia is normalized in locker rooms, etc, remember that's just on the coasts. Go further toward the middle and it gets even weirder.

Until he was given enough money to play in San Francisco that he couldn't say no, Jeremy Affeldt used to hide in his hotel visiting the city on road trips because he was afraid he would be singled out and corrupted by random acts of gay that could be happening on the street.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
your 'if you need to throw at someone tonight make it these guys i guess' toronto blue jays

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/865331372067618817/photo/1

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
God Almighty, that line up. We are going to get 2 hits, tops.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Looks like James Loney will be the warm body at first base while Freddie Freeman is out.

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/865328774119911424

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't seriously hurt anybody tonight but otherwise I'm down for whatever Barves. They're Freddie-less for the next what, 50-60 games and might win 15 of those? Get your entertainment while you can.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The Walrus posted:

your 'if you need to throw at someone tonight make it these guys i guess' toronto blue jays

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/865331372067618817/photo/1

Bats is going to get thrown at, I hope its the" secretly i dont want to hurt you but I have to throw ,behind the back"pitch that a few guys like archer throw now. If its towards his head or ribs and not far away from him or legs, the jays will probably retaliate. So that will get messy quick.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/865346493603090432

Angels starting pitching has been pretty dire the last 2 years so if he is even as good as he was the last 2 years for the Astros he'll have a place on the team.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 19, 2017

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I saw Doug Fister win a playoff game.

I remember this because for the entire game someone yelled, "Fister? I hardly know 'er!"

That's my Doug Fister story.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Oh for those halcyon days where Doug Fister and Charlie Furbush were on the same teams.

Lightbulbs appeared over the heads of thousands of fans. They had thought of a joke, and in that moment, it was the most clever thing they had come up with in their entire lives.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fister was mysteriously great for the Astros for like two months then went straight down the shitter

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
News: Marcus Stroman just hit a home run

Views: https://twitter.com/BringerOfRain20/status/865376520751153154

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Unironic "it's locker room talk" as a defense of homophobic slurs is literally the worst possible take

• Locked thread