Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

The Wargame series came close but it wasn't as casual.

In other news...

:f5:

Dave's breaking news still hasn't come in from crucial Waukesha County.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arc Light posted:

I wonder who will play Trump in the inevitable movie 10-20 years from now.
I'm hoping they make it soon. I want Christopher Walken in a fat suit.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm hoping they make it soon. I want Christopher Walken in a fat suit.

Wouldn't Gary Busey be closer in terms of insanity levels?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lmao if you think there won't be an HBO miniseries within months of him leaving office (term limited or otherwise)

Oliver Stone didn't even wait for Dubya's term to end to poo poo out W.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._(film)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

The Wargame series came close but it wasn't as casual.

In other news...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/865328981855404033

:f5:

Wargame scratches the itch but the SP while lacks the great narrative and characters of the game.

psydude posted:

The multiplayer owned so hard. And the single player was narrated by Alec loving Baldwin. I haven't found a game like it since.
Yeah, I just liked how played the scenario as straight and the maps felt in lock with the story. It wasn't like one small hut for a city. The raids into the SU felt like it was the Soviet Union. Hell even the expansion pack with the Berlin attack was fantastic with the demo charges bringing down the wall.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lmao if you think there won't be an HBO miniseries within months of him leaving office (term limited or otherwise)

I want something with excellent performances like in Game Change, but in 10 parts, and with levels of bizarre rivaling The People vs. OJ.

I'm not worried about the latter.

/goddamnit, every single time of the rare occasions I try to look for a movie I don't usually have access to, it's not on Netflix. But Netflix recommended "The Smartest Guys in the Room", so I might as well watch that one again. A film about Enron should sate my desire for bizarre for now.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 18, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bird food bathtub posted:

So when do the rats start jumping off the sinking SS Donald? It's looking like there are a lot of bricks being shat lately. There is going to be zero loyalty there. When people start flipping on him/each other it will be a blood bath that makes a Friday the 13th movie look tame.

They'll never abandon the trump SS. Too much delusion. Current trending headlines in tinfoil conservative news right now include not just the Seth rich stuff but also new evidence from huma abedins email that Hillary was involved in the plot to kill Stevens and a list of all the times obamas administration leaked classified Intel. No mentions of Trumps current issues.

Ooh, you meant like a ship.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Couple a things:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/865331682882310145

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/865330751348367360

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Nunes is the guy who was clearly sending whatever he found via his committee straight to the White House, right?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
World in Conflict was an incredible game, and it's an utter shame there's been nothing like it since.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Arc Light posted:

If he wasn't dead, Philip Seymour Hoffman. He could also play Bannon.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/benpauker/statu...agenumber%3D339

These idiots are wrapped up in a truly staggering amount of paranoia.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

Rutger Hauer if he's still around.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

joat mon posted:

I'm imagining a Strangelove-esque performance where Hoffman plays Bannon, Trump, and Spicer with Spicer being the protagonist.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FastestGunAlive posted:

They'll never abandon the trump SS. Too much delusion. Current trending headlines in tinfoil conservative news right now include not just the Seth rich stuff but also new evidence from huma abedins email that Hillary was involved in the plot to kill Stevens and a list of all the times obamas administration leaked classified Intel. No mentions of Trumps current issues.

Ooh, you meant like a ship.

Well yeah, there will be hardcore MAGA warriors until each and every one of us here drinks our last drink and shuffles off this mortal coil. Hatred and insanity like that isn't ever going back in Pandora' s box.

The look on McConnel's face when he heard about the special counsel though....there's a lot of people doing a lot of political calculus about this stuff and as much as hope is a lie, with any optimism it's really looking like the equations are going to start working out in favor of "gently caress me I need to stay out of prison". Then it's good old fashioned prisoner's (ha) dilemma "If I turn witness first I'll get the lightest sentence and gently caress these guys anyway". Open those blood gates and it's all over.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hell we already have somebody to play Mattis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

Well yeah, there will be hardcore MAGA warriors until each and every one of us here drinks our last drink and shuffles off this mortal coil. Hatred and insanity like that isn't ever going back in Pandora' s box.

The look on McConnel's face when he heard about the special counsel though....there's a lot of people doing a lot of political calculus about this stuff and as much as hope is a lie, with any optimism it's really looking like the equations are going to start working out in favor of "gently caress me I need to stay out of prison". Then it's good old fashioned prisoner's (ha) dilemma "If I turn witness first I'll get the lightest sentence and gently caress these guys anyway". Open those blood gates and it's all over.

The White House flailing around and throwing shade in all directions really isn't helping their case. It's a sure sign of innocence

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

unbutthurtable posted:

Nunes is the guy who was clearly sending whatever he found via his committee straight to the White House, right?

Yeah he's the little bitch boy who's been doing dead sprints to the west wing.

Also GUESS WHAT SHAMBLING CORPSE OF A CAREER POLITICIAN HAS BEEN DUG BACK UP:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/joe-lieberman-is-a-leading-contender-for-fbi-director/527304/
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/865290366190313472

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 18, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lieberman for FBI director :wtc:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah he's the little bitch boy who's been doing dead sprints to the west wing.

Also GUESS WHAT SHAMBLING CORPSE OF A CAREER POLITICIAN HAS BEEN DUG BACK UP:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/joe-lieberman-is-a-leading-contender-for-fbi-director/527304/
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/865290366190313472

What the gently caress....

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Wow, Joe Lieberman! I can't imagine who would actually want to express vocal support for of course it's John McCain

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/865304147217829889

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

As if Lieberman hasn't wrecked enough poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Surely there are other Jews who can be picked for the vaunted "First Jewish Head of the FBI"....right?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
How in the gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god dammit i thought CT got rid of him

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

He's old as poo poo and doesn't have the requisite experience for this, why the gently caress would Donnie pick him?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

DoktorLoken posted:

He's old as poo poo and doesn't have the requisite experience for this, why the gently caress would Donnie pick him?

He praised Trump for picking Flynn and McFarlane as part of his staff.

And really that same question could be modified for any of his picks aside from Mattis.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god dammit i thought CT got rid of him

Oh, they got him out of office, but that didn't kill him. That which can flip parties and survive elections can never truly die.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Office Pig posted:

He praised Trump for picking Flynn and McFarlane as part of his staff.

And really that same question could be modified for any of his picks aside from Mattis.

I still think Mattis was only picked because of his nickname. Or someone switched the name on the prompter and Trump forgot to name one of his buddies. No way he made a good choice naturally.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

I still think Mattis was only picked because of his nickname. Or someone switched the name on the prompter and Trump forgot to name one of his buddies. No way he made a good choice naturally.

He absolutely was, along with McMaster whose name you can actually see underlined on the dossier Trump has in his hands upon congratulating his new pick.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Probably because Mattis was memified and if there's anything Donnie hates it's having to read and perform critical thinking. In that particular case it worked out but in others like Clarke and Sheriff Joe idiots like Donnie are more than willing to take their branding at face value.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Remember how crazy it felt when McCain picked Palin for VP?

It's like that but everyday now guys. Like....gently caress.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
That tick tick tick thing was this article:

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/865352711579021314

Highlights are there (Donnie, don't loving talk to me you moron) and this little gem:

quote:

The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.

But Mr. Trump spotted Mr. Comey and called him out.

“Oh and there’s Jim,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s become more famous than me.”

With an abashed look on his face, Mr. Comey walked up to Mr. Trump.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

joat mon posted:

I almost posted exactly this earlier.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Highlights are there (Donnie, don't loving talk to me you moron) and this little gem:

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”

In that context, the look on Comey's face finally makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIA7y_Kccc

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Wow he really is a tall son of a bitch - and the part about trying to blend in with the drapes there is kind of hilarious.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
6'8"? Goddamn. I bet he can dunk

.. those presidential nuts in the trashcan, bitch.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Trump is such a baby I bet it legit bothers him that Comey is taller than him too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im taller than trump

i feel good about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

How tall is trump

• Locked thread