Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBQoddrDjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nothing whatsoever.

*puffs on comically over sized cigar, wraps neck in white silk scarf and puts on top hat*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Today was a good day.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If anyone is keen for some winning the Trump thread is winning all the time and not slowing down right now.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

If anyone is keen for some winning the Trump thread is winning all the time and not slowing down right now.

Someone, somewhere is slowly getting closer and closer to pronouncing nikstlitslepmurT correctly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
In these dark times, let us remember Roger Ailes not how he died, but how he lived.

FizFashizzle posted:

quote:

So we get in the car and that’s when he said, “You know if you want to play with the big boys, you have to lay with the big boys.” I was so taken aback. I said, “Gosh, I didn’t know that. How would that work?” I was trying to kill time because I didn’t know if he was going to attack me. I was just talking until I could get out of the car. He said, “That’s the way it works,” and he started naming other women he’d had. He said that’s how all these men in media and politics work — everyone’s got their friend. I said, “Would I have to be friends with anybody else?” And he said, “Well, you might have to give a blow job every once in a while.” I told him I was going to have to think about this. He said, “No, if you don’t do it now, you know that means you won’t.”

quote:

The next morning I show up to get my assignment and was told the guy I was supposed to be meeting with was unavailable. Back in New Jersey, I got a call from Roger Ailes. He said, “How’d your meeting go?” I said, “Actually, he wasn’t available and I’m hoping to hear back from him.” He said, “Ah, well, I’m sure you will. Have you changed your mind yet?” I said, “I’ll have to pass, Roger. I’m married and really committed to my husband. No offense.” He said, “Well, we’ll be in touch.” And that was that. A couple weeks later, I called a friend who was very high up in the RNC and I asked him what happened. He said, “Word went out you weren’t to be hired.”

quote:

This was either ’68 or ’67. At the time he was producing The Mike Douglas Show, and I had a call from my modeling agency about the show. I got a call directly from Roger asking me to come down and to make sure I wore a garter belt and stockings. This was right after pantyhose came into use, and I said, “Why would you want me to do that instead of pantyhose?” He said, “If your legs look good in a garter belt, I’ll know you have great legs.” So I go into his office and right away he says, “Sit on the sofa and lift your skirt up.” I had to do these different poses. And then, I recall very clearly, he said he’d put me on the show but I needed to go to bed with him. I was a really shy girl, but I was a little cheeky, so I said, “Oh yeah, you and who else?” And he said, “Only me and a few of my select friends.” I said, “Well, if you think I have star quality and you can make money off my looks, I don’t think it’d matter if I went to bed with you or not.” And he said, “Oh, pretty girls like you are a dime a dozen.” The interview ended quickly. I was called in to do the show and I remember passing Roger in the hallway. He pretended not to know who I was.

quote:

I was 16 years old, living in Radnor, Pennsylvania. I was sent over for a walk-on part on The Mike Douglas Show in the winter of 1967. It was 6:30 in the evening and the place was totally closing up. Ailes took me into this big office and locked the door with a key. He reclined on a couch in a seating area under a map that had flags of all the cities they were syndicated in. He proceeded to pull down his pants and very gingerly pull out his genitals and said, “Kiss them.” And they were red, like raw hamburger. He was pretty meticulously dressed, with long white shirttails coming out. It was like he was just at the end of a long day and I was supposed to know what to do. I was a kid — I’d never seen a man’s privates before. I jumped up, but the door was locked and nobody was out there. He chased me around the office, and at some point it dawned on him that this just wasn’t going to happen. He finally pulled up his trousers. He was very angry and rushed over to his desk, pulled open a door, and had a reel-to-reel tape recorder going. He said to me, “Don’t tell anybody about this. I’ve got it all on tape.” I think he knew I was 16.

quote:

It was 1975. I had a degree in mass communications. A college friend said, “Come to New York.” I got an interview with Roger Ailes. I remember I met him not at some big TV office — it was at his apartment on Central Park South. I don’t remember his exact words, but his message was: If you want to make it in New York City in the TV business, you’re going to have to gently caress me, and you’re going to do that with anyone I tell you to. I was afraid he was going to pin me down. He was a big guy and I’m not big at all. He could have overpowered me. I remember running out of that apartment like my hair was on fire and standing on the sidewalk crying, thinking, What’s that guy think I was, a prostitute? In one second, my dreams were shot. He’s going to blackball me everywhere, I’ll never get another interview, I’m not good enough — all that stuff a 20-something girl thinks. It wasn’t, That guy’s a son of a bitch and I should have kicked him in the balls.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/six-more-women-allege-ailes-sexual-harassment.html

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:siren:SPLITS:siren:

quote:

An emissions intensity scheme could become official policy of the NSW Nationals on Friday, a move that would represent a split from the federal leadership and a challenge to the Turnbull government's climate change agenda.

After the state's Young Nationals backed the contentious proposal in April, the motion will be on the agenda at the party's annual conference, a two-day gathering that will draw hundreds of rank-and-file supporters, as well as Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce.

From tracing the exact source of CO2 in our atmosphere to measuring the earth's "carbon budget", the scientists studying climate change know a lot more about the greenhouse effect than you might think.
The call for a national emission intensity scheme will be hotly contested as will the removal of abortion from the NSW Crimes Act and an increased Syrian refugee intake.

The policy battles highlight the generational evolution taking place within the party, which is deeply conservative at a parliamentary level but more socially and environmentally progressive among younger members.

Jess Price-Purnell, chair of the NSW Young Nationals, said rural and regional Australians could see climate change happening and younger residents were generally more open-minded.

"I've got a child and am pregnant with a second and I'd quite like them to be able to breathe the air and drink the water when they grow up," Ms Price-Purnell said.

"I'm not happy to sit by and do nothing. I'm a big believer in changing things that need to be changed. Even if the motion doesn't get up, we're excited about starting the conversation about future-proofing ourselves and our energy security."

Several attendees said it was difficult to predict the outcome of the vote but said the motion had attracted strong support and had a good chance of passing. One source predicted "probably not but I wouldn't stake my life on that".

The chair of the party's NSW Women's Council, Claire Coulton, said many farmers were concerned about the implications of climate change for the bush.

"We absolutely need a proactive stance, whether or not that's an emissions trading scheme, the important thing is that we're debating it so that people understand it's important," Ms Coulton told Fairfax Media.

Ms Coulton is the daughter of Mark Coulton, the Nationals MP for Parkes, who stands with Mr Joyce in opposing stronger action on climate change.

Small Business Minister Michael McCormack, a senior NSW National, said industry did not need another version of a carbon tax but welcomed free-flowing and "vigorous" grassroots debate.

"While I appreciate we need to work towards a lower emissions economy, we can do it ways other than starting a process which may well end up an impost on business, on farmers and families," he said.

An emissions intensity scheme would impose limits on how much a power station can freely emit. Cleaner generators that emit less than the limit earn credits, and sell them to high-emitting generators above the baseline.

Mr Joyce has expressed disbelief in climate change science and said he was "surprised" when the NSW youth wing backed an emissions intensity scheme.

Late last year, after saying all options were on the table in a review of Australia's future energy sources, Energy and Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg was quickly forced to rule out an EIS following a backbench backlash.

The NSW Young Nationals also broke with their federal leaders in 2015, calling for the legalisation of same-sex marriage and a free vote in the Coalition party room.

Mr Joyce, NSW party leader and Deputy Premier John Barilaro and NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian will address the conference on Friday.

Among a total of 65 motions to be debated, others concern a royal commission into the banks, mental health, needs-based schools funding and electricity prices.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh wow, go young nationals I guess

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Knorth posted:

Yeah. The Nats would probably still have a terrible policy platform but I am looking forward to seeing if they make swatch cards red enough for Barnaby Joyce's head if that gets up

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Ch-change from within?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Imagine believing all that poo poo and still going "yeah of course i vote nationals, me Ma an da did"

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Knorth posted:

Huh. Turns out people from the country can give a poo poo about the environment. Looking forward to the coming Greens/Nationals Coalition. :bahgawd::hf::ussr:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gold Standard for shitness I guess.

Nice work at not sniping Tones. Still bitter as gently caress aren't we?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

In that it was based on junk idiot economics?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Today was a good day.

One down.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
In that shitheads still want a return to it years after it was ever relevant?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

In that it makes you want to kill your parents and make the potomac run red with the blood of the lords of finance?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

i wonder if andrew bolt spits or swallows

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Recoome posted:

i wonder if andrew bolt spits or swallows

:thumbsup:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Much like the real gold standard, primarily appealing to libertarians and those who have no idea how the real world works.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Senor Tron posted:

Much like the real gold standard, primarily appealing to libertarians and those who have no idea how the real world works.

But you repeat yourself.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Gold, as in the colour of piss?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Between meeting Roger Ailes so he could learn how to become Bill O'Reilly and viciously defending Pell, Bolt hangs around a lot of rapists hey.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

iajanus posted:

Gold, as in the colour of piss?

Drink more water

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-18/leaked-report-says-m16,-shotgun-fired-into-manus-detention-centr/8534340

quote:

"There was an alleged incident where three asylum seekers were alleged to be leading a local five-year-old boy back toward the facility and there was a lot of angst around that, if you like, within the local PNG community," Mr Dutton said.

"I think some of the local residents were quite angry about this particular incident and another alleged sexual assault."

The leaked report contains no reference to the alleged incident involving the five-year-old.

quote:

Lateline approached Mr Dutton's office but no comment was provided.
So is it just because Dutton being full of poo poo isn't news that this isn't being pursued in the press?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-19/nuclear-power-nsw-nationals-leader-wants-to-open-debate/8540274

quote:

"Look at France, they currently rely heavily on nuclear energy which they import from places next door like the Czech Republic and other European nations," Mr Barilaro said.

"Yet they have made a commitment to build a plant in France. Places like the US and Korea have all decided to look at building nuclear plants."
The man is clearly an expert. But before we begin the debate let me get my bike helmet and have some bottled water handy in case of flames or nuclear hibernation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-19/man-arrested-charged-with-animal-cruelty-for-dog-stabbing/8540278

Chris Kenny in a crime of passion

quote:

The woman rushed Luna to a nearby vet but she could not be saved. She said her dog was gentle and good with other animals.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Apparently there are some small scale nuclear projects that look really interesting, don't take 60 quintillion years to build and and a lot closer to safe.

I don't think that really helps us, but it's probably the most shill I've ever seen Vox go.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Drink more water

Counterpoint: drink more piss. Refine it.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

No it wasn't.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Please don't budget shame, this is a safe space.

--------------------------------

https://twitter.com/ajamesparker/status/865360647470567424

https://twitter.com/TrainsInfo/status/865362594185531396

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Sadbunnytwitter.com sounds like the worst website

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sadbunnytwitter.com sounds like the worst website

It's the script for Watership Down posted 140 characters at a time.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
God American suburban homes are over the top. And why would you put it back that far on your lot? Bring it forward so you have a private backyard.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

You could just turn that front yard into an avocado orchard. Now you can have smashed avo and privacy with your home ownership.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think those lots are probably big enough to have a backyard as well as that big front yard. I'm just guessing based on the fact I can't see the neighbours carport a bees dick away from the edge of their drain pipe.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

You could probably buy like six of those houses for the price of some shithole in Strathfield too.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

God American suburban homes are over the top. And why would you put it back that far on your lot? Bring it forward so you have a private backyard.

What's the point of a lawn if you can't show it off to the neighbourhood (and obviously judge them for their inferior lawns)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Daniel Andrews, in an act of unbridled gently caress off savagery, has spun out the CFA from MFB and a new professional firefighting organisation (Fire Rescue something).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
:kheldragar: My Dad mentioned this was coming down the pipeline. Watch the SES and CFA be merged. SES is going to actually be funded for once. Thank gently caress. Libs shot themselves in the foot with crying over that EBA.

• Locked thread