Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cool Buff Man posted:

Chris Paul missed more of the season than Durant ya ding dong

Yeah, I sorta remembered that but takes are supposed to get hotter as you go down the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao its like the NBA version of scott tennermen must die :stare:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I keep forgetting how loving disgusting unfair Davis + Cousins is going to be next season wow

Barring Injuries ("Ha Ha Ha" the dark incarnation of Pierre Pelican laughs) Davis + Cousins + a dead dog is a 45 win team

Putting more faith into AD and DMC is a recipe for disappointment.

aBagorn posted:

There's really no one they can acquire this offseason that is going to give them help them where they need it to get out of the East (i.e. someone who can slow down LeBron even a little bit).

If Boston were to acquire LBJ himself...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kelly Ulillillynk playing well enough in the playoffs to make himself relevant is something I thought I'd never see and I'm pretty sure we'll never see it again

Legend of the 10 Arm Socket Masters

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Zogo posted:

:vince:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Is there an NBA gifs thread or anything like that here? Or elsewhere?!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zogo posted:

LBJ puts out that he wants a change of scenery, engineers a trade with the Celtics for the 2017 and 2018 picks plus several players and maybe more picks and then right before the beginning of the next season immediately retires.

He takes a year off doing god knows what then resigns with the Cavs for the 2018 season.

And now his revenge is complete.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What an all NBA team aren't they all

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

lollin @ cuban

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

ShaneB posted:

Is there an NBA gifs thread or anything like that here? Or elsewhere?!

Once upon a time there was one I think but mostly we just let cool .gifs trickle through here without forcing it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://fat.gfycat.com/MedicalUnnaturalFoal.webm

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

doris burke rules.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
DB was on the second to last Lowe Post and it was pretty good.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

lol

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Every time Zogo posts on of his all-time lists and Dirk is in the top 10, I remember that he was drafted out of the German Bundesliga as a teenager. The career he ended up having is simply amazing.

edit:

Doris Burke 2020 - I'm with her.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 19, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jesus christ

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

euphronius posted:

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UWRNzAwSPM

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gently caress LeBron, she's the GOAT.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Imagine what she could do if there were Big Ballers for ladies

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Imagine what she could do if there were Big Ballers for ladies

Can't imagine because the BBBrand is not for the ladies

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

predicto posted:

Yeah, I sorta remembered that but takes are supposed to get hotter as you go down the list

I like that system

NickRoweFillea posted:

Kellys stat list would be insane

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I need to read this list more closely, because someone reminded me that DeAndre got three 1st team votes.

Who the hell is voting him 1st team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

I need to read this list more closely, because someone reminded me that DeAndre got three 1st team votes.

Who the hell is voting him 1st team

I'm the guy voting kawhi 3rd team

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/status/865303486673571840

Hmm. I'm undecided on if this is good or not

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
LeBron getting something down of f the top shelf was def good

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I like how the way not to get posterized is to just sort of stand around when it comes time to try and play help defense.

I call it the james harden method.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I can't believe both sides agreed to this part of the CBA. It is the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen in a CBA. Paul George misses out on $30 million because a handful of sportswriters didn't vote for him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/865039121105903616

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I can't believe both sides agreed to this part of the CBA. It is the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen in a CBA. Paul George misses out on $30 million because a handful of sportswriters didn't vote for him.

Who else gets to decide. I doubt they'd agree to an arbitrator

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i would say that butler getting all-nba has a lot of meaning about his future with the bulls, but i mean what the gently caress does it matter, the front office is going to do the exact dumbest loving thing possible every single time, i'm a basketball nihilist now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i would say that butler getting all-nba has a lot of meaning about his future with the bulls, but i mean what the gently caress does it matter, the front office is going to do the exact dumbest loving thing possible every single time, i'm a basketball nihilist now.

Butler isn't a FA until 2019, and the DPE contract would kick in when he's 30. If the Bulls are stuck in an ugly rebuild then (very possible) Butler's 35% of cap contract may not make a lot of sense. They do have time before they have to deal with that though.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Who else gets to decide. I doubt they'd agree to an arbitrator

Why didn't they just bump up the difference between Bird and non-bird contracts? They over corrected for the lack of cap smoothing in the dumbest way possible IMO.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So All NBA Teams is just like whoever did the absolute best to extremely good get placed on three teams for fun and honor?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why are there 3 days off between games in the Warriors/Spurs series? That is asinine.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why are there 3 days off between games in the Warriors/Spurs series? That is asinine.

what if hypothetically a superstar player was brutally ankle-mangled by a burly georgian

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Purely speculation

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's going to own when the Warriors go up 3 - 1 again just in time for Kawaii to be 100% :getin:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Because they are traveling to San Antonio

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Presumably the gap is so that the conference finals in each conference line up more closely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

illcendiary posted:

Presumably the gap is so that the conference finals in each conference line up more closely

it's rather obviously this

• Locked thread