Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I can guarantee the lines aren't getting changed - it won't really be possible without tearing the siding off the building and tearing out part of the ceiling (no attic). More than half of my building has Payne 410 units now, and they reused the original lines.

And yeah, they confirmed it'll be 410. Originally they were going to try and swap in a used R22 unit or braze in a new compressor, but the property manager told them to rip it all out.

Sims, turns out the label on the compressor wasn't completely sun bleached, I just couldn't get a good look at it without my glasses on. :downs: The old unit was a bit older than I thought... 2005, mfg by Copeland. Seems like it should have lasted a bit longer, but after seeing the poo poo they tore out, I'm glad they're replacing everything.

That's probably why it died is from lack of maintenance. I'm sure the outdoor coils are pretty clogged up as well.

That's what the main killer of compressor is is as lack of air flow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

InitialDave posted:

Have you tried Brewdog Jack Hammer?

Nope but Imma try that poo poo

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, guys.

If you gently caress with the valve JUST right, you can launch liquid tire ballast across the shop at your coworker who was foolish enough to turn his back to you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

Nope but Imma try that poo poo
It's pretty bitter/grapefruity, if you like that sort of thing.

As I said, they cover most tastes, so worth having a try of their various offerings.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol, I bet they're gonna put a 410 unit in without doing a flush. Or even checking if the line sizes are correct for the new unit, based on previous experiences.

Hey this is the awesomeness I have on my house!

My place was a Fannie Mae foreclosure and the condensers were stolen, so fixing the hvac was conditional to the closing. It was "done", but terribly. The little 1.5 ton air handler for my back room, has a return grill filter. They left the filter door off the unit (no where to be seen), with a filter in it, in the attic. Not that it really mattered, because they didn't bother to finish tying in the return.

I had them come back and "fix" this, and a bunch of other stuff, but the line sets they reused stayed. I probably could have gotten them changed out if I was really an rear end about it, but I bet for my trouble they would have sabotaged something so I cut my losses and plan to get a package unit eventually. (The main air handler unit is dug slightly into the ground because there's not enough clearance in the crawl space, and I've burned up 2 condensate pumps between our 2015 historic floods and hurricane Matthew last year just from rising groundwater. Meanwhile there's nothing in the way of a package unit installation, who knows?)

Both existing, undersized line sets are straight shots, nothing in the way, less than 20' each and they reused the old lines with the rotten insulation. Crimped the flare on the units to fit the too small copper line, and brazed away. Flushed? Lol yeah right.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Serious suggestion aldi pilsner.

Thank yoooou

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Guess what wound up pissing water everywhere? If you guessed "loaner ac", you win some soaked carpet.

I can't even get mad at this point. At least they had another one, and we (maint guy and myself) looked this one over closely before throwing it in.

angryrobots posted:

Hey this is the awesomeness I have on my house!

My place was a Fannie Mae foreclosure and the condensers were stolen, so fixing the hvac was conditional to the closing. It was "done", but terribly. The little 1.5 ton air handler for my back room, has a return grill filter. They left the filter door off the unit (no where to be seen), with a filter in it, in the attic. Not that it really mattered, because they didn't bother to finish tying in the return.

I had them come back and "fix" this, and a bunch of other stuff, but the line sets they reused stayed. I probably could have gotten them changed out if I was really an rear end about it, but I bet for my trouble they would have sabotaged something so I cut my losses and plan to get a package unit eventually. (The main air handler unit is dug slightly into the ground because there's not enough clearance in the crawl space, and I've burned up 2 condensate pumps between our 2015 historic floods and hurricane Matthew last year just from rising groundwater. Meanwhile there's nothing in the way of a package unit installation, who knows?)

Both existing, undersized line sets are straight shots, nothing in the way, less than 20' each and they reused the old lines with the rotten insulation. Crimped the flare on the units to fit the too small copper line, and brazed away. Flushed? Lol yeah right.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Brewdog do a good job of covering a wide range of tastes. I'm partial to Punk.

Punk is nice but doesn't really stand out to me. I forget what it is after the first one. Brewdog stuff is also far too expensive :(

I'm more a fan of dark ales/stouts/porters. I haven't managed to find the brewdog ones yet though. Have you?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Punk is nice but doesn't really stand out to me. I forget what it is after the first one. Brewdog stuff is also far too expensive :(
I guess nice but not standing out is fine for me. I usually want a beer that I just like, and I have Punk as my go-to that I can get most places.
As for cost, I don't find it especially different for Brewdog stuff over anyone else's beers, but I don't really pay a huge amount of attention to it.

In the supermarket sense, their "dog pack" of three bottles each of four different beers is about £15, which seems fine to me?

Tomarse posted:

I'm more a fan of dark ales/stouts/porters. I haven't managed to find the brewdog ones yet though. Have you?
Well, I haven't gone looking for them, as that's not always my kind of thing, but we have a Brewdog bar here, so I'd assume they'll have everything?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like Budweiser :cheers:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I don't drink beer, only cider and mixed drinks

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I don't drink beer, only cider and mixed drinks

This is sad, you live in one of the best beer states there is. Bells is my jam.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's because you're a millenial and also why no one wants to let you guys run anything.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He probably picks the marshmallows out of his lucky charms too

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I don't associate cider with millenials. It's basically chavvy teenagers hanging around the youth center, chavvy adults hanging about the betting shop, or the archetypical hybrid of real ale fans and the Wurzels.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm just old and was drinking Bud long before micro brews were a thing, guess it's a familiarity deal. I remember the first time I had a Sierra Nevada pale ale and was like what the gently caress is this poo poo :v:

I ended up liking it tho and still do.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Some ciders are decent (pear cider is downright tasty), but I can't handle more than 1, maybe 2. Most of them are too dry for me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I find a single cider starts me with a headache, not sure why. Not overly keen on them anyway, so it's no great tragedy for me.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'll drink radler all day long in the summer if I was given the choice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beer makes you fat.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Beer makes you fat.

I don't drink beer. Give me a different reason.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I like Budweiser :cheers:

I had a Budweiser once.

Never loving again. I might joke about beer being bottled cat piss but cat piss is better than Budweiser. How in God's name can anyone drink that swill?? GG Fosters is better and that's just hosed up beer to say the least.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cider is good, cream ale is good, whisky is good. All things in moderation.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Some ciders are decent (pear cider is downright tasty), but I can't handle more than 1, maybe 2. Most of them are too dry for me.

I have the opposite problem. I really like ciders, but most of them are too sweet and just taste like soda to me. Don't get me wrong, I like sodas, but not when I want a cider.

On the topic of beer, I hate bitter IPAs but I have grown to love sours. I haven't met one I don't like yet, although some are definitely better than others.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ether Frenzy posted:

That's because you're a millenial and also why no one wants to let you guys run anything.

Not sure if this was directed at me or TT, but in the case of myself:

lol, because boomers are doing such a good job. :v: Both generations are terrible for different reasons.

I don't like being classified as a millennial just because I was born in that era ('85), but alas. There's a very distinct difference in people that grew up with cell phones vs. didn't. I have an attention span, no facebook and can carry on a conversation with people (as well as an engineer is able to) instead of staring at my phone. :colbert:

Rhyno posted:

Beer makes you fat.

And feel good. Real good.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think the problem with IPA's is Hyperdedicated IPA drinkers demanding higher and higher levels, creating this bizarre circlejerk around a bad taste. There's only so many IBU you can palate, and dancing around the flavors for a complex flavor profile is admirable and I love to drink them when done right, but I feel like most IPA'S just use the overwhelming bitterness of hops to hide sloppy brewing

I got some 5 Rabbits Perfect Paloma Gose, and it's amazing to drink

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I had a Budweiser once.

Never loving again. I might joke about beer being bottled cat piss but cat piss is better than Budweiser. How in God's name can anyone drink that swill?? GG Fosters is better and that's just hosed up beer to say the least.

Do you even drink? I thought you don't touch alcohol.

That's like a non smoker saying Newports suck lol.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Locator posted:

Pizza? I don't drink alcohol but I'm pretty sure my love for pizza and candy makes me fat.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Larrymer posted:

This is sad, you live in one of the best beer states there is. Bells is my jam.

I gave up Bells for a while after the innovation brewing thing, but have recently been really enjoying Smitten in the can.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Good, dry ciders are amazing. There's been a guy making decent cider in sacramento for a decade and it has kind of spoiled me.
However, sweet cider sells better and he's started selling his soul a bit. Still serves the dry stuff at his cidery though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Maybe you have big bones?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nm posted:

Good, dry ciders are amazing. There's been a guy making decent cider in sacramento for a decade and it has kind of spoiled me.
However, sweet cider sells better and he's started selling his soul a bit. Still serves the dry stuff at his cidery though.

Who is it, and do they sell in the bay area? Always interested in finding new stuff. Sonoma Cider and Wildcide have been my favorites recently.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

nm posted:

Which one is this?

Best cider still comes in a 2L plastic bottle tho. Strongbow needs to lay off the Cap'n Picard and start selling the big bottles over here.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Raluek posted:

Who is it, and do they sell in the bay area? Always interested in finding new stuff. Sonoma Cider and Wildcide have been my favorites recently.

Two rivers and maybe.
Vince is amazingly bad at marketing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh, I fell short of my calorie goal for the day, am I gonna die?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm eating for the first time right now b cause I forgot about eating lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It's Sonic tho and I got two double cheese burgers with jalapeños and mozz sticks so I'm just making up for the day I guess right??

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I need to vent just a moment. This has been the day from heck.

11:30 - Arrive at airport
12:00 - 1:00 - Technical phone screen with a company
1:15 - board airplane
1:15 - 4:30 - sit at the terminal because they somehow managed to break the front gear landing light bracket, then a circuit breaker popped and they determined they should replace part of the flight director while maintenance was in there (I'm happy they fixed the plane, but I wasn't happy about sitting longer than the flight duration)
Time is meaningless to me - land in NY. Prep for interview.
Tomorrow: Interview with social_media_giant

I really need to read up on some neat projects they've done tonight.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nm posted:

Two rivers and maybe.
Vince is amazingly bad at marketing.

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out. Looks like Bevmo carries some, but my local one doesn't have any in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mariooncrack posted:

Pizza? I don't drink alcohol but I'm pretty sure my love for pizza and candy makes me fat.

Rhyno posted:

Maybe you have big bones?

Not big on pizza although I'll have it once in a while. Pretty sure it's a combination of just plain ol' eating too much, and not getting enough exercise. Revelation!

• Locked thread