Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If the Flash is going to make a haphazard suit he should probably just sew up some pajamas instead of creating an entire Iron Man suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gatts posted:

The armor for Flash looks completely the opposite of a sleek, smooth thing I'd imagine a runner to have that's aerodynamic and is haphazard.

Why would the Flash need a costume that's sleek, smooth and aerodynamic?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LesterGroans posted:

For the same reason that Superman needs big muscles.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LesterGroans posted:

Cause outside of the TACTICAL REALISM of the SPEEDFORCE meaning it doesn't matter or maybe he needs protection, it befits the image and perception of a super fast runner to have a costume that flows and suggests motion.

Cars don't NEED to be aerodynamic and can be the bulky poo poo from the 60s and 70s but those boats aren't always as sleek looking as a Lambo that just scream superfast awesome car.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I feel like they'll find other ways to suggest motion.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

For the same reason that Superman needs big muscles.

I'd be down for a weirdo, bony, alien Superman too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

LesterGroans posted:

I'd be down for a weirdo, bony, alien Superman too.

Zach Woods for the new Superman reboot.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Zach Woods for the new Superman reboot.

Into it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Social media embargo lifted on Wonder Woman. Critics are digging it. http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-re...dium=socialflow

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

Social media embargo lifted on Wonder Woman. Critics are digging it. http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-re...dium=socialflow

That seems to be putting it pretty lightly.

I enjoyed the phrase "true north superhero". Didn't know Wonder Woman was Canadian. :D

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's hard to gauge reactions until the embargo lifts on full reviews imo. So far, common critique among blogger tweets is the third act is a bit weak, and first act takes a bit to find its footing but the build up is great and Wonder Woman's character is captivating. It's almost unanimous that everyone loved Pine and Gadot though. Lot of folks saying their on-screen chemistry is really good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I enjoyed the phrase "true north superhero". Didn't know Wonder Woman was Canadian. :D

Well Wolverine is dead...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

Well Wolverine is dead...

Deadpool isn't.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Phylodox posted:

If you're not gonna make a Puck film I guess we'll take it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Deadpool isn't.

He is a citizen of the world, as evidenced by him being from Vancouver, the city that is every city.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Is Wonder Woman strong? Yes.
Is Wonder Woman free? Yes.
Does Wonder Woman's heart glow? Unknown.

So far results are inconclusive, however new evidence points to E.T. perhaps being Canadian.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope WW does better business than Thor 2.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

that's kind of a weird choice of metric to aim for but same i guess

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Brother Entropy posted:

Films based on super-powered fishes-out-of-water who are based around archaic belief systems.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Brother Entropy posted:

Wonder Woman's director (Patty Jenkins) was going to direct Thor 2 but there were "creative differences".

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

The MSJ posted:

The projections I've seen have it opening around 65mil, which would put it on par with the first Thor but not the second, which made 85.

But I'm betting this film is going to have legs, it could catch up by the end of its run.

Edit: I'll bet it gets better reviews than Dark World

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Films based on super-powered fishes-out-of-water who are based around archaic belief systems.

yeah that was my first thought but why thor 2 and not thor 1

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wonder Woman's director (Patty Jenkins) was going to direct Thor 2 but there were "creative differences".

this makes sense though

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Yakmouth posted:

But I'm betting this film is going to have legs,

I'd certainly hope so :heysexy:

Eh? Eh?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Hodgepodge posted:

I'd certainly hope so :heysexy:

Eh? Eh?

On my planet, they mean "gams."

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gatts posted:

Cyborg is unimaginative and more like Bay's Transformer which is not necessarily that bad of a statement but it's...just...disappointing and not memorable.

Cyborg looks better in Injustice 2.

I feel like that should piss off hollywood producers more, having video games upstage a film in appearance.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like how twiggy his legs look. His design is fairly alien and weird.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jimbot posted:

I like how twiggy his legs look. His design is fairly alien and weird.

Honestly the only reason Cyborg looks weird is because his mechanical parts look more like a T-800 endoskeleton than the armor look he usually has on the comics.

Anyways, more Mera now from Amber Heard herself

https://twitter.com/realamberheard/status/865134941176082432
https://twitter.com/realamberheard/status/865349273721774081

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah they put some thought into it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

"And so we studied aerodynamics and vehicle design. What moves through space the fastest?" - Ezra Miller

Howabout that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/SWinstonSchool/status/865259043480383489

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Robert Downey Jr tweeted it first.

In another news, Oscar Isaacs and Mark Wahlberg top contenders to play Sony and Valiant's Bloodshot.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Honestly the only reason Cyborg looks weird is because his mechanical parts look more like a T-800 endoskeleton than the armor look he usually has on the comics.

Exactly. He now looks like a guy who is a cyborg (like the 'ancillary' characters in Star Wars) instead of like a guy in a suit. He looks good. It looks better than the illustrations of some guy in a robo-suit. Which no one liked anyway because... whatever reason fans don't like anything.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Marvel 1602 is a bold direction to take the movies.

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

K. Waste posted:

Exactly. He now looks like a guy who is a cyborg (like the 'ancillary' characters in Star Wars) instead of like a guy in a suit. He looks good. It looks better than the illustrations of some guy in a robo-suit. Which no one liked anyway because... whatever reason fans don't like anything.

And more importantly his desgin calls to mind current prosthetic limbs to further emphasise the fact that Cyborg is a superhero for the disabled.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

wyoming posted:

Marvel 1602 is a bold direction to take the movies.

Aww man, that would be (potentially) so great, now I'm sad it's not true.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gatts posted:

Cause outside of the TACTICAL REALISM of the SPEEDFORCE meaning it doesn't matter or maybe he needs protection, it befits the image and perception of a super fast runner to have a costume that flows and suggests motion.

Cars don't NEED to be aerodynamic and can be the bulky poo poo from the 60s and 70s but those boats aren't always as sleek looking as a Lambo that just scream superfast awesome car.
So you're saying... the Flash should dress as a car?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

teagone posted:

Aren't these things always universally positive? What did they say for BvS, before the hail of bad reviews by hacks came in?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Schwarzwald posted:

"And so we studied aerodynamics and vehicle design. What moves through space the fastest?" - Ezra Miller

Howabout that.

I'll be damned

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

McCloud posted:

Aren't these things always universally positive? What did they say for BvS, before the hail of bad reviews by hacks came in?

I think those are fan reactions. I think this one are responses from reviewers and journalists.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Schwarzwald posted:

"And so we studied aerodynamics and vehicle design. What moves through space the fastest?"
... NASA's Juno Mission Spacecraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

McCloud posted:

The early initial reactions to BvS they released were much more positive than the final reviews, but lol that literally every major reviewer, RogerEbert.com, almost every major newspaper, Vanity Fair, The Hollywood Reporter, The American Film Association, NPR, and The New Yorker film review all being run by hacks.

• Locked thread