Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

I call it the Drizzle Constant. Remove one bad poster and a void is formed that must be filled. Tony is a victim of a malignant entropic spirit. Poor fella needs an exorcism not a probation.

Really though over the past 10 years, there has been a particular random madman posting drivel, they never overlap, mind just watching the news, Venezuala looks hosed, El Hefe may have been extreme, he was a fun poster, hope all's ok with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hefe made good posts

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Hefe made good posts

Yep and bad ones, I think he's the MSC of this thread atm

EDIT: He's gone from the thread and nobody has any info on his status

djssniper fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 19, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Hefe made good posts

Miss you, Hefe. May you return one day

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I read somewhere that it's part of Japanese corporate culture to spend hours upon hours chasing down every possible permutation of something rather than making a quick decision and going for it. This might account for some of Honda's problem with settling on a design under the tight F1 deadlines.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dug one really good and another front tire out of the bin by the portable toilet today, fashioned an IKEA cutting mat into a chain guard and found five dollars laying on the floor of the liquor store. Pretty good day overall.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also incidentally I remember Mercedes running their slicks backwards a few years back to help wear, was there any ill effects from that? One of my front tires are about to cord and it'll last a lot longer on the other side.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, what's this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820944

Competition thread up. I'll get the race info edited in tomorrow, but I wanted to get it up before indy qualifying.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well gently caress. They put the Indy on BT Sport :(

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Any AU guys able to tell me if Foxtel is doing Indy coverage? I might check it out if they are.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Hefe made good posts

When Hefe first appeared in this thread many moons ago he really was an insufferable bitch, but the years mellowed him and we grew fond of him. I miss the guy.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Well gently caress. They put the Indy on BT Sport :(

Yeah! Ad free too, we're doing the 500 better than the Merican networks.

Also, the Coke 600. Sounds like Tony's kinda race if he was into ovals.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Theophany posted:

Also, the Coke 600. Sounds like Tony's kinda race if he was into ovals.

----

Carth Dookie posted:

Any AU guys able to tell me if Foxtel is doing Indy coverage? I might check it out if they are.

ESPN Channel on Foxtel I think

Telecast times (in AEST) are as follows

Qualifying 1: 6am – 8am Sunday 21st
Qualifying 2: 6am – 8am Monday 22nd
Pre-Race Show: 1am – 2am Monday 29th
Race: 2am – 5:30am Monday 29th

Race replays at 1pm and 9pm Monday 29th.

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 19, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Very few people who have the F1 channel hve BT sport though :(

I'm not paying money to BT. I once had to move house because BT refused to admit there was a problem with my line after the area flooded and then tried to blame my equipment, ("maybe you need a new PC Madam :smug:") then they had the balls to try and bill me for wasting their engineer's time. In the next house it was fine for a week, then some twat from BT was loving about on the pole and disconnected my line, and it took three months of Sky arguing with them to fix it. This house the BT openreach guys put a backhoe through my line two weeks after I moved in, only took them 7 days to fix it so at least it's an improvement.

BT can gently caress right off.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Halo14 posted:

----

:same:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/search?q=Indianapolis%20500

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks guys. Just checked FoxtelGo and they've got ESPN so I should be able to watch it.

Zero loving chance I'm getting up at that time of morning to watch it live, but I'll probably catch the evening replay.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I'm not paying money to BT. I once had to move house because BT refused to admit there was a problem with my line after the area flooded and then tried to blame my equipment, ("maybe you need a new PC Madam :smug:") then they had the balls to try and bill me for wasting their engineer's time. In the next house it was fine for a week, then some twat from BT was loving about on the pole and disconnected my line, and it took three months of Sky arguing with them to fix it. This house the BT openreach guys put a backhoe through my line two weeks after I moved in, only took them 7 days to fix it so at least it's an improvement.

BT are the epitome of a bad monopoly. That being said, I do get BT Sport free with my rolling SIM, so kinda balances out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

Sounds just like Telstra

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have no love for BT but even less for sky. Liberty media need to offer their own streaming ASAP.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

I have no love for BT but even less for sky. Liberty media need to offer their own streaming ASAP.

I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever contracts Bernie negotiated with the various TV distributors included provisions against F1 Media doing that. I would have thought there'd have been talk about such a service if it was on the table at all. Might have to wait until existing contracts run their course. :smith:

I freely admit I know nothing about media contract deals, so its just a theory of mine. If somebody has plausible evidence otherwise, feel free to correct me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-renault-committed-to-helping-palmer-recover-906343/

I don't speak much French, but I think what Abiteboul said roughly translates to "we can't wait to drop this dozy shitwit and get a semi-competent driver."

Remember how Palmer crashed driving in a straight line at Monaco last year?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

When Hefe first appeared in this thread many moons ago he really was an insufferable bitch, but the years mellowed him and we grew fond of him. I miss the guy.

I remember having him on my ignore list for the longest time, back when the Alonso hate was strong. Godspeed Hef.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I feel bad for anyone who read this thread in 2008 and expected anything but me and Hefe sniping at each other endlessly.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
RIP shogunner

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brawn has hired a couple former F1 engineers to help develop future rules: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-brawn-recruits-engineers-future-907744/

what a strange and novel idea

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Brawn has hired a couple former F1 engineers to help develop future rules: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-brawn-recruits-engineers-future-907744/

what a strange and novel idea

It'll never work. F1 needs sprinklers and a questionably confused octogenarian running it.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Halo14 posted:

----

Qualifying 1: 6am – 8am Sunday 21st
Qualifying 2: 6am – 8am Monday 22nd
Pre-Race Show: 1am – 2am Monday 29th
Race: 2am – 5:30am Monday 29th

Race replays at 1pm and 9pm Monday 29th.

Wow I didn't realise how small Indianapolis circuit is

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Also incidentally I remember Mercedes running their slicks backwards a few years back to help wear, was there any ill effects from that? One of my front tires are about to cord and it'll last a lot longer on the other side.

Yeah dude, take em off and switch rims

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Whitey Ford posted:

Wow I didn't realise how small Indianapolis circuit is

Wonder what Nando's touchdown celebration will be?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Halo14 posted:

Wonder what Nando's touchdown celebration will be?

:thurman: with a Honda engine

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

:thurman: with a Honda engine

The mental image is sublime :laffo:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's the problem with BT again? I :filez: it off the internet for MotoGP and they have the best commentators in any motorsport on earth. I love BT for that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Apparently if you register on kimoa and spend at least 80 euros you get put into a contest where you could win 2 tickets to Indy

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

The mental image is sublime :laffo:

I'm cracking up. Just picturing Nando raising a motor over his head, yelling some battle cry in Spanish, then slamming it into the ground at his feet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

I'm cracking up. Just picturing Nando raising a motor over his head, yelling some battle cry in Spanish, then slamming it into the ground at his feet.

Mi conducción animal me ganó esta carrera ovalada!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-haas-revised-livery-car-907843/

Aww dammit, why are they getting rid of the red?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What's the problem with BT again? I :filez: it off the internet for MotoGP and they have the best commentators in any motorsport on earth. I love BT for that.

British telecommunications. Used to be the state run telecommunications, much like British gas they trade off the BRITISH thing so people's nans don't switch over to cheaper competitors. Own the cables/boxes and do the maintenance on them, and are unbelievably poo poo at it. Treat their engineers like complete crap and fire them if they don't do a set amount of jobs per day, don't schedule enough time for those jobs so the poor bastards end up under huge amounts of pressure until they quit and go work for someone else.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ah yes they extremely visible color GREY

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I actually really like how that looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

So Mercedes has apparently been doing a whole bunch of Behind the Scenes videos with Bottas and Hamilton.

Here's Bottas showing us around his room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzazqgTAm3g

At 0:39 did he say "Guys, a joke, how bout that?" then move on to "these are my drinks" and point at 2 bottles? LOL! That was amazing. He literally just pointed at regular items in the room and stated what they were.

• Locked thread