Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Bad Genjis NEVER expect the Mercy pistol. They panic reflect. Then you start health regeneration as they flail about. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Voice line sneak peak. I need the obnoxious Lucio line.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/865329918258827266

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Heh cute Symm line- the Reinhardt. :stare:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Heh cute Symm line- the Reinhardt. :stare:

Honour! Justice! REINHARDT REINHARDT REINHARDT!

Darrin de Paul must have loved voicing that line. Hell, he probably wrote it.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Tenebrais posted:

Honour! Justice! REINHARDT REINHARDT REINHARDT!

Darrin de Paul must have loved voicing that line. Hell, he probably wrote it.

This one has obviously been in the works for a while because it's in this video from November. Or he did indeed come up with it himself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tufCFHcw5u8&t=18s

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Annniversary skins leak. Zarya skin is good in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/OverwatchKR/status/865374284268437504

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Bumper Stickup posted:

That Zarya skin is so tacky and awful I can't help but love it. :shobon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Motherfucking Blizzard needs to quit doing these limited time events and then permanently locking all the sweet swag away forever after the cut off date because I have a goddamn life and I can't play this game all the goddamn time.

Seriously though, I already missed the Year of the Rooster event, made it for maybe a week of Uprising, then family poo poo came up which will maybe give me 1-2 days of this Anniversary Event. If I'm even back by then.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

AndyElusive posted:

Motherfucking Blizzard needs to quit doing these limited time events and then permanently locking all the sweet swag away forever after the cut off date because I have a goddamn life and I can't play this game all the goddamn time.

Seriously though, I already missed the Year of the Rooster event, made it for maybe a week of Uprising, then family poo poo came up which will maybe give me 1-2 days of this Anniversary Event. If I'm even back by then.

They'll probably do what most games do with their seasonal events and have it so the same time next year you can still get the old stuff from the year before on top of the new garbage they add in.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

AndyElusive posted:

It's not Blizzard's fault you have your priorities in order.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Father Wendigo posted:

That Zarya skin is so tacky and awful I can't help but love it. :shobon:
it's some dope cheesy superhero poo poo and I will buy it

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Bumper Stickup posted:

Is that an Omnic Zarya? They'd have to give her a lot of custom voice lines for that.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Donnerberg posted:

And snipers counter bastion hard as gently caress. Other than that I agree with you. "Counter" is a fantasy idea brought over by the RTS/moba crowd that don't know how shooters work. Shooting a guy is how you counter him. Not being shot is how you avoid being countered.

It's the other way around, actually. "Counters" in StarCraft (well, Brood War, the one that matters) are extremely circumstantial and based on things like "well in an engagement where he and I have equal mineral amounts of zerglings vs. his zealots, but not more than total amount X where the balance reverses, and I have a +1 upgrade and he doesn't, I'll win unless he has insanely good execution."

On the other hand, McCree's mere existence in a game makes Tracer play differently and less effectively (unless he's nowhere near her level.) He doesn't make her drop from the game and her computer bluescreen, but he's far more of a counter than the scenario I just sketched out.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Need to see those skins with some actual in-game footage, but as such none of them looks like anything that I would pay 3000 for. Have to see what they come up with for Hanjo and Symmetra, that wolf pelt Hanzo is way past his best before date.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm more annoyed at them arbitrarily limiting each skin to a max of 2 color schemes. I mean I get the business reason behind releasing a bunch of normal legendary skins and then quickly devaluing them by setting a new standard of constant limited time only triple priced skins, but at least dump some additional colors for the vanilla poo poo if you are gonna be that way.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
What's up with S76's robot feet?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why does Lieutenant Dan have magic legs?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

We Know Catheters posted:

He's joining the Star Fox crew

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

IED attack, have some respect.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

World Famous W posted:

Why does Lieutenant Dan have magic legs?

All that rocket jumping takes a toll on you

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If people keep talking poo poo about MC Hammer Robo-Dad I will have a MELTDOWN

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I swear, Zarya has the dumbest skins. The best dumb skins, but very dumb.

The Bastion one also reminds me of the co-op robots from Portal 2.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Was playing comp on Volskaya. We capped point B the first time, so did they. We failed to touch point A the second time, they didn't. We had a guy playing Torb for the first three rounds who switched to Bastion for our last failed defense. He just positioned himself in some terrible spots (looking at the choke, he was to the right of the point, ground level) and I told him look man, we should really at least try to get some high ground going here if we want to have a chance. He finally gets on the mic and brags about his three gold medals and how if nobody wanted to heal, it wasn't his problem. He doesn't play healers and I should be looking at my own mistakes before criticizing him (fair point, but still, I switched from Rein to Mercy because we would've been a no healer comp). Whatever.

Three or four games later and my group had evolved to a 6 stack all on comms and we were rolling pretty hard, having a good time doing it. Our last match was Hanamura, and lo and behold there he is on the other team. We capped A, failed B. He goes attack Bastion, I'm Rein. He does his lovely positioning again. I eventually catch him in the room to the left (defense perspective) with the stairs leading up to that catwalk. Hammer to the face, over and over. We won.

Felt good man.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 19, 2017

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I love those moments. Every time a dude is lovely and I see him on the other team, I make it my mission to catch him out, over and over again. If they're a rager, you know for a fact they're going to tilt their team and throw after the fifth death.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

people are saying theyre skins based on blizzards concept art during the design phase of the characters, so i guess soldier 76 used be dad cyborg

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
A few characters have really weird anatomy and apparently aren't cyborgs though. Pharah looks like her limbs are robot parts but apparently they aren't, Hanzo's ankles are ridiculously tiny, Lucio has weird legs that really don't look like it's just something he's wearing...and that's not even starting to get into the hosed up spines.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Slime posted:

A few characters have really weird anatomy and apparently aren't cyborgs though. Pharah looks like her limbs are robot parts but apparently they aren't, Hanzo's ankles are ridiculously tiny, Lucio has weird legs that really don't look like it's just something he's wearing...and that's not even starting to get into the hosed up spines.

What about Widowmaker's ludicrously shelf shaped rear end and legs that take up 2/3 of her body?

Was looking more closely at the new Bastion skin (which is awesome), it seems like he's supposed to be a racecar of some sort. Anyone else think that Ganymede looks like one of these guys?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Finally, a cool skin for 76.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

people are saying theyre skins based on blizzards concept art during the design phase of the characters, so i guess soldier 76 used be dad cyborg

And these people would be... or is this just randos on reddit stating this.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Spudd posted:

just randos on reddit stating this.

ding ding ding

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

good to know I don't need any of these event skins

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Linx posted:

Anyone else think that Ganymede looks like one of these guys?

That was my first thought. We'll know pretty quick once the skin is out because they make very distinctive calls.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

That was my first thought. We'll know pretty quick once the skin is out because they make very distinctive calls.

uh this video is a lie, everyone knows roadrunners go "meep meep"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

turtlecrunch posted:

Huh. I used to hear that around my home but never realized it was roadrunners. Never actually saw them in the area.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I get to watch them terrorize finches in my yard on the regular. Last weekend one beat up and ate a snake outside my living room. Then it ran around making its little fart noises and scrounging for its next meal like a dumb-looking fluffy sand Jaws.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Armacham posted:

All that rocket jumping takes a toll on you

"Rocket jump? That sounds dangerous"

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

lol EU servers making GBS threads themselves, I'm currently 20000 (yes 20k) in the queue

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

AceClown posted:

lol EU servers making GBS threads themselves, I'm currently 20000 (yes 20k) in the queue

I just logged in to the EU servers with no queue.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
I went to log in last night, 1000 people in queue, "That's not terrible" I thought. Went and made a drink, came back, 20k ahead of me. Said gently caress it and went to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Slime posted:

Yeah, I know, right? It's almost as if the art and design of this game is stylized. :smugbert: