Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dangerous Person posted:

Fast track Black to Smackdown so he can have the match against Nakamura that I want so bad

Seriously. Lets not have him wait around NXT aimlessly, then get called up right when Nakamura gets injured or something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is itami injured for another six months yet

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's a depressing fact: Itami debuted at Takeover Fatal 4-Way, wayyyy back in September 2014. Out of everyone who appeared on that show, he's literally the only one still in NXT. :smith:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
hideo and pro wrestling noah are linked at the heart and they are both struggling

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

spudsbuckley posted:

The crowd could not give less of a poo poo about Itami in that final bit. Zero reaction.

We need to put our heads together and get him a meme theme somehow

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

should i catch up on recent NXT shows or just watch takeover and see the recap video packages?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

should i catch up on recent NXT shows or just watch takeover and see the recap video packages?

nxt has been good again lately

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Hideo is good at wrestling and all but hes the least engaging of whats shaping up to be a really good main event scene in nxt and also will die a death on the main roster if he ever gets there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oatgan posted:

nxt has been good again lately

I had a feeling after Mania it was gonna get really good again, right combination of people moving up (thus freeing up spots) and new people coming in.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Welp. Ciampa apparently hurt his leg at a house show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sleepwalkers posted:

Welp. Ciampa apparently hurt his leg at a house show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Ciampa's been working injured for like half a year and it's been assumed that this ladder match would be both the blow-off to DIY vs AoP and the last time we see Ciampa for a while

hopefully he's in good enough shape to work Saturday

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why the hell are they doing house shows on a Takeover week

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Why the hell are they doing house shows

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Benne posted:

Why the hell are they doing house shows on a Takeover week

capitalism is bad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So that the developmental talent can develop, probably. Doesn't explain why Ciampa was booked on it when hes not in the developmental fed, hes in the HHH Prestige Indie fed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

They've slowly been rebuilding a pretty sturdy roster and developing the characters, I'd recommend tracking down the Roddy Strong video packages at the very least.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's the source for this, anyway? I find it hard to believe that NXT would book top guys in a pointless house show 2 days before a Takeover. Especially if they're scheduled to work a ladder match widely expected to steal the show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

What's the source for this, anyway? I find it hard to believe that NXT would book top guys in a pointless house show 2 days before a Takeover. Especially if they're scheduled to work a ladder match widely expected to steal the show.

Multiple accounts from people who were there, at this point, including a dude from Fightful.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT has been on an upswing lately talent wise. There is also the Womens Tournament coming up, which wraps up soon after Summerslam. That's probably for the best, since WWE is likely going to call up some people immediately after it (Summerslam). Probably Sanity and possibly Ember Moon (assuming she has a match at Takeover Brooklyn against Asuka and loses), if I had to take a guess.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Multiple accounts from people who were there, at this point, including a dude from Fightful.

Well that just makes NXT stupid.

Doesn't the main roster give guys time off during a PPV week because they don't want anyone getting hurt before the show?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Easy solution: give the title shot to Heavy Machinery.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Better solution, have Gargano win the titles by himself because HE RULES.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Just replace ciampa with oney lorcan, nobody will notice

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Stale Saltines posted:

Easy solution: give the title shot to Heavy Machinery.

Ultimate Hoss Ladder Match sounds great.

John Dudebro posted:

Just replace ciampa with oney lorcan, nobody will notice

Or whichever TM61 isnt injured.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Benne posted:

I went to an NXT house show that was literally the night before Takeover San Antonio. The only 2 folks who were on the Takeover card who didn't have a match at that show were Almas and Nikki Cross.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ciampa has needed double shoulder surgery since January. Lost a lot of size and reverted to wear shirts. I thought he would be written off ASAP in January given how the severity was described to me - career ending.

Would expect Johnny to be 205Live after Sunday - been told nothing just the NXT babyface scene is very deep.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/ImNumbah1/status/865407629601918976

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oney is/was in the doghouse for bullshit reasons. Surprised people haven't picked up on it. Had an amazing NXT TV match with Drew and an impressive showing 205Live then nothing since.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I take it an agent didn't like the pace he was wrestling at?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like to think Oney accidentally got over and they can't come up with any good T-shirt slogans for ONEY LORCAN so they're just keeping him off TV now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Ciampa has needed double shoulder surgery since January. Lost a lot of size and reverted to wear shirts. I thought he would be written off ASAP in January given how the severity was described to me - career ending.

Would expect Johnny to be 205Live after Sunday - been told nothing just the NXT babyface scene is very deep.

Man, I may be overrating him here but I legit think Johnny has top tier babyface potential. 205 Live doesn't seem like a great utilization of him, his height aside.

Then again, Johnny vs. Neville would be incredible.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Man, I may be overrating him here but I legit think Johnny has top tier babyface potential. 205 Live doesn't seem like a great utilization of him, his height aside.

Then again, Johnny vs. Neville would be incredible.

Absolutely love Johnny. But Raw and Smackdown are tough to get on. Smackdown "the land of opportunity" for example has a tough time utilising the likes of Mojo, Tye and American Alpha and that's before Rusev, Nakamura and New Day begin wrestling again. While Raw is Starpower town.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

honestly, it really seems hard to imagine that 205 Live is long for this world, so if Johnny gets to appear on random tag matches on Raw and maybe the undercards of some PPVs, and ideally get over enough to transition into a proper main roster spot if they fold in the cruiserweight division - I think that's actually one of the better options for him, post-NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

honestly, it really seems hard to imagine that 205 Live is long for this world, so if Johnny gets to appear on random tag matches on Raw and maybe the undercards of some PPVs, and ideally get over enough to transition into a proper main roster spot if they fold in the cruiserweight division - I think that's actually one of the better options for him, post-NXT.

Very anxious about Johnny post-NXT. That's all I can say really.

They hosed up Zayn and Bayley. So....

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Very anxious about Johnny post-NXT. That's all I can say really.

They hosed up Zayn and Bayley. So....

oh, totally! that's why I'm not as pessimistic about his chances on 205 Live, because his chances literally anywhere else in WWE are just as awful, and at least with 205 has successfully gotten over three wrestlers who would have been a bomb on the main roster (heel Neville, Aries, and Gallagher)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why was oney in the doghouse?I love insane backstage things where they get mad at a guy for no reason.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I want to hear Gargano's version of Chrome Hearts from the CWC again. It's so good, and I'm sad it was never officially released.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Ultimate Hoss Ladder Match sounds great.

Or whichever TM61 isnt injured.

Updating my headcanon with DIY61... They are already holding the tag team belts.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

oh, totally! that's why I'm not as pessimistic about his chances on 205 Live, because his chances literally anywhere else in WWE are just as awful, and at least with 205 has successfully gotten over three wrestlers who would have been a bomb on the main roster (heel Neville, Aries, and Gallagher)

I've a good few friends with Summer Rae. WWE TV is like this carousel that is impossible to get on currently so she's in limbo now since recently getting cleared from her neck/back injury as Meltzer said.

Personally I think her best current hope is Goldust. There were LOTS of ideas for her and Emma as a unit but she's injured for an unknown amount of time.

• Locked thread