Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

PostNouveau posted:

In the Arrival short story, the daughter dies in an easily preventable rock climbing accident that Louise lets her go on anyway. That ends the marriage.

I thought the daughter was already long dead when the aliens show up and learning the language just helps her get over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A patreon where you get to sit in the viewing room and be a guest on BotW.

Tier 3: $10,000
Plinketto with You, Mike, Rich, and Jay

Tier 2: $5,000
Wheel of the Worst with You, Mike, Jack, and Jay

Tier 1: $1,000
Battle of the Genres with You, Josh, Jack, and Max Landis

Premium Gold Star Donor: $25,000
You get to take Rich home with you

They're all extremely resistant to this idea for some reason, even though they are totally fine flying in an insane blackbelt with weird eyes.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Well what is more likely, that somehow DC didn't gently caress up or that DC did gently caress up just like they always have but instead there are some 'privileged' twitter people getting paid showings and loot bags or whatever the gently caress the exchange is?

Do you really have to ask?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

They're all extremely resistant to this idea for some reason, even though they are totally fine flying in an insane blackbelt with weird eyes.

Well yeah, imagine how bad one of their average viewers smells

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Captain Lavender posted:

Man, am I going to have to trade the enjoyment of righteously making GBS threads on the DCCU for the decidedly lesser enjoyment of experiencing a good movie?

If Wonder Woman ends up being the one and only quality thing that comes out of the DCCU its the best of both worlds since you get a good movie, dumb execs won't have an excuse to go 'Guess action movies with women in the lead role just don't work!' again and Justice League will be out soon enough and that will return course back to comical train wrecks we can mock while the entire DC universe melts before our eyes.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

thoughts and prayers posted:

I thought the daughter was already long dead when the aliens show up and learning the language just helps her get over it?

no. the daughter died in the future because she didnt meet her father until the aliens showed up. the dad is the scienctist man played by the hulk. she saw the future and also came to terms with the future being immutable by learning the language

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

violent sex idiot posted:

no. the daughter died in the future because she didnt meet her father until the aliens showed up. the dad is the scienctist man played by the hulk. she saw the future and also came to terms with the future being immutable by learning the language

What an idiot

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

I mean me

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Light Gun Man posted:

It might be worth it as long as all nerdos signed a release allowing themselves to be completely owned during conversations to whatever degree they deserve.

I asked a prostitute for this treatment one time. She called it the Stoklasa experience.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine being a coworker of Rich's at whatever gas station you both work at and then finding out there is a video of him masturbating with darth Vader helmet on.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Snatch Duster posted:

Imagine being a coworker of Rich's at whatever gas station you both work at and then finding out there is a video of him masturbating with darth Vader helmet on.

"No fair, you got paid for yours"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I did not realize Zach Snyder wasn't directing Wonder Woman.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Patreon Indecent Proposal Tier ($1,000,000):
One night with Jessie

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Space Taxi posted:

Patreon Indecent Proposal Tier ($1,000,000):
One night with Jessie

A Month of Josh. There are no set territories and no rules of engagement.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hunting Josh for sport would not be much of a challenge.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

it would be the saddest kill

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
If you put a loaded gun near him, he'd probably shoot himself.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I never said you have to kill him. :(

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Fartbox posted:

it would be The Saddest Kill

The Saddest Kill featuring a Josh-like character as prey sounds like the next Len Kabasinski movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this was the initial reaction to bvs (lol)

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-reactions/

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
"Did the check clear? Do I like the movie?"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I'm VERY reluctant to trust the word of a few randos on twitter given that DC are literally 3 for 3 in terms of garbage so far.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
In WonderWoman they remembered to take the lens cap off! It's a HUGE step in the right direction. 10/10

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Captain Lavender posted:

Man, am I going to have to trade the enjoyment of righteously making GBS threads on the DCCU for the decidedly lesser enjoyment of experiencing a good movie?
My enjoyment will be seeing if its good with critics and audiences because it is more like a MCU film in tone and direction, just for the emotional whiplash in CD.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Will wonder womamn get her ta-tas out

does she have a dick?

Does she like anime?

these are imprtnat questions and will affecet my review massively

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Fartbox posted:

Will wonder womamn get her ta-tas out

does she have a dick?

Does she like anime?

these are imprtnat questions and will affecet my review massively

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Snatch Duster posted:

over 1 million people have seen human blobfish rich evans masturbate a droid with a darth vader helmet on

the tragedy is that it is not one billion

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

My enjoyment will be seeing if its good with critics and audiences because it is more like a MCU film in tone and direction, just for the emotional whiplash in CD.

What's the CD consensus on the DC movies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's the CD consensus on the DC movies

They love Snyder.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahahah if you want to just... I don't know... If you want to just confuse yourself try reading the Batman Vs Superman thread over there*. It's just baffling how those posters think. I like a bit of substance and deeper meaning to the films I watch, but the levels to which they dig to find something... ANYTHING is crazy.

No, see, WE, the audience are the jar of piss Lex Luthor left out for the Judge to see before they exploded. It's US! We. Are. Piss.

*Any thread, really.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My "favorite" thing they do is desperately search for any sort of Marxist reading of every pop culture movie. Bonus points for a Zizek quote.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't think they are entirely serious about marxism in Hollywood schlock. But lol if they are.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I roll this one out whenever CineD comes up, but their reading into "The Cabin in the Woods" was spectacular.

See, the Elder Gods who will destroy the world are us, the movie-going public. We have in our hands the power to destroy the world of cinema if we choose... And we will rebel and "wake up" if we don't get the same offerings every year, much like the sacrifices within the film. The Gods waking up in the film is Joss Whedon's statement against modern movie making and ergo...

When asked in interviews what inspired him to make this film, Whedon has said, "Because it was a fun idea to see a lot of monsters."

Death of the author and all that, I guess.

I'd love to know what they made of "Hobo With a Shotgun".

Paladinus posted:

I don't think they are entirely serious about marxism in Hollywood schlock. But lol if they are.

If they're gimmick posting they're really loving good at it.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1bbjXCfyY

Twin Peaks is good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Drunken Baker posted:

I roll this one out whenever CineD comes up, but their reading into "The Cabin in the Woods" was spectacular.

See, the Elder Gods who will destroy the world are us, the movie-going public. We have in our hands the power to destroy the world of cinema if we choose... And we will rebel and "wake up" if we don't get the same offerings every year, much like the sacrifices within the film. The Gods waking up in the film is Joss Whedon's statement against modern movie making and ergo...

When asked in interviews what inspired him to make this film, Whedon has said, "Because it was a fun idea to see a lot of monsters."

Death of the author and all that, I guess.

I'd love to know what they made of "Hobo With a Shotgun".

If they're gimmick posting they're really loving good at it.

Yes, I also wish death on Joss Whedon.

But The Cabin in the Woods was great.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I really like the reading on Transformers as a critique on the nanny state

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WampaLord posted:

They love Snyder.

Yikes

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
To tie this all back into RLM, they always get asked on Previously Recorded if studying film is a good thing to do. The answer is always yes... BUT only study the technical side of film making. If you go down the rabbit hole of dissecting film as an art form you'll end up as a loving weirdo who think "White Chicks" is the greatest films ever made because of *bullshit reasons*

Paladinus posted:

Yes, I also wish death on Joss Whedon.

:drat: Nice.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

They love Snyder.

Anything they can post random screencaps of. I saw some dude the other day saying GotG's visuals were unimaginative and dull compared to Man of Steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoever got the job of colour grading Man of Steel had a tasty job.

"Select All
Saturation - 10%
Render"

• Locked thread