Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Wait, the actual series finale is Manic Khan-Day? I watched it and thought I had the wrong episode. There's no closure of any kind on anything.

e: apparently it was To Sirloin With Love, which is better but not by much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Sirloin_with_Love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ilmucche posted:

What the hell is this cotton dies episode?

I love it. He fake dies multiple times to gently caress with Peggy and doctors.

If by "What the hell" you mean the part where Peggy wins, yeah that sucks

If you mean where is Dee Dee and good hank. No clue there

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Minh is actually okay when she joins the gun club. I really liked that episode.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

sassassin posted:

It's amazing to me that people can spin this to Cotton's credit, rather than it being a searing indictment of Bobby, and Hank's parenting.

Hmmm no, you're right there are no conflicting sentiments to be found in Mr. cotton hill

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

NiceGuy posted:

Hmmm no, you're right there are no conflicting sentiments to be found in Mr. cotton hill

Minh being good at shooting is like Luanne being good at cars. An interesting character choice that they never mention again.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but how many episodes were there after the skeet shooting episode

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Bombadilillo posted:

I love it. He fake dies multiple times to gently caress with Peggy and doctors.

If by "What the hell" you mean the part where Peggy wins, yeah that sucks

If you mean where is Dee Dee and good hank. No clue there

I don't know if I'd say Peggy wins, considering Cotton pretty much wills himself to death just to spite her.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

I don't know if I'd say Peggy wins, considering Cotton pretty much wills himself to death just to spite her.

Yeah but after some reverse physcology a kindergartener would see through. She totally wins.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah but after some reverse physcology a kindergartener would see through. She totally wins.

i never took what she said to be reverse psychology because she snapped and then looked so guilty afterwards

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Bombadilillo posted:

I feel like he knew he was going to die soon anyway, whether he wanted to or not, he could only keep it up for so long, so he might as well go out making Hank's Wife feel terrible.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
watching the low-flow toilets episode

Hank reading all of Peggy's musings as his filibuster is great. this is a hell of hard thing to do in comedy: write something that is intentionally bad but still funny

I'm tired of reading negative stories about today's youth. You might say I'm on an all pro-teen diet.

They say time flies but with the way the airlines are going these days maybe time should take the bus.

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan
In Season 5 Episode 20 of The X-Files ("The End"), the young chess prodigy and mind reader Gibson Praise can be seen watching KOTH on TV in one shot, and he comments something along the lines of "This is a great show, I wish we got this where I live".

Edit: Found the scene:

quote:

SCENE 16
CENTERVILLE, VIRGINIA
(Night. Car pulls up to hotel. Interior hotel room. GIBSON is watching "King of the Hill" on TV. SCULLY sits in a chair watching him.)

COTTON: Hey, Missy! How about some sammiches? Hmm.
(Cotton and Bobby are both laughing at a woman.)
PEG: I hope you're all hungry.
HANK: Good-looking breakfast, Peg.
COTTON: Yeah. I see bacon, I see ham...

SCULLY: Gibson?

GIBSON: This is a great show. I wish we got this where I live.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I just watched Doctor Strange on a flight. The introductory scene with Chuck Mangioni's Feels So Good sold me on the rest of the film.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was watching Duel the movie about the evil truck. In the bit where he thinks its a cop car and stops and sees its not a cop just a painted car. I swear it said like "Griebel Pest Control" on the car. Im not gonna look for it but this is what I thought I saw. Thanks for your time

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

muscles like this! posted:

To Sirloin with Love was the last episode that aired on Fox but Manic Khan-Day was the last new episode that actually aired because four episodes only aired in syndication.

I liked this ending, the neighborhood gets together and they finally show what Boomhoward does for a living which was a nice little surprise.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Boomhaur reveal was great because it adds an extra irony to anytime they get into legal/criminal schennanigans.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I must've missed this, what IS Boomhauer's job?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I must've missed this, what IS Boomhauer's job?

Texas Ranger

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hank trying to move his truck off the train tracks:

"It's no use, she won't budge. She's too solidly manufactured." :patriot:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
JEN: Chaperoning? Nice job, Ronald Reagan.
MR. BRONSEN: Hey, don't call me that.
HANK: Yeah, don't call him that.

Did I post this a few pages ago? I don't care.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I've said it before, and I'll say it again;

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Hank trying to move his truck off the train tracks:

"It's no use, she won't budge. She's too solidly manufactured." :patriot:

Lady Bird is trapped in Dale's van:

"She's gonna dehydrate in there! Between this sun and the incredible airtight construction of an American-made truck, I'd say she's got about 5 minutes!"

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Boomhaur reveal was great because it adds an extra irony to anytime they get into legal/criminal schennanigans.

Never abused his power, yeah was a great reveal. I have been rewatching and knowing what he does makes it all the better I tell you what.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The Hill family are awful. Bill saves their lives after Hank screws up installing his water heater and no one thanks him. Peggy actually slaps him, then comments on how disgusting of a person he is. Yeah, being lipped locked with Bill would be terrible but the dude just saved your ungrateful life Peggy.

The episode actually got me really annoyed, the entire town turns on Hank because of pseudo theory that because Lady Bird is aggressive towards one dude suddenly it means that she and him are racist - which is sort of funny considering how openly racist Hank and his friends were towards Kahn when he and his family moved in.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hank wasn't racist to Khan. What kind of a world is this if i can only hate a man if he's white?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they weren't racist, just ignorant

what ocean

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He aint Chinese he's Laotian. Aintcha Mistah Khan?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Before they even meet them Hank and co were completely off put merely just seeing that an Asian family is there. Granted some of it was a disappointment in not having the large white movers be the ones moving in but there was a distinct "I don't trust dem differents". Granted as he started to know Kahn, Hank learned to dislike Kahn simply based on his personality and his heritage.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He aint Chinese he's Laotian. Aintcha Mistah Khan?

Cottons saving features are his comedic timing, his weirdly specific war based way of reading Asian races and his love of Bobby

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

See what, twig-boy?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
This isn't a flashback! You're losing again!

Savage, Cotton.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kahn is classist to Hank. He constantly calls him "hillbilly" and "redneck" and judges him for having less money.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Kahn is classist to Hank. He constantly calls him "hillbilly" and "redneck" and judges him for having less money.

While being in an identical house and being broke

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"I rented us an r-rated movie" :pervert:
"Which one?" :bigtran:
"Platoon" :sweatdrop:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Houle posted:

Before they even meet them Hank and co were completely off put merely just seeing that an Asian family is there. Granted some of it was a disappointment in not having the large white movers be the ones moving in but there was a distinct "I don't trust dem differents". Granted as he started to know Kahn, Hank learned to dislike Kahn simply based on his personality and his heritage.

Yeah, in his defense, Kahn is pretty loving terrible

Minh is my cartoon dream wife though

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this straw is mah urEThra

*blows*

nbothing!!!

*passes out*

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

Yeah, in his defense, Kahn is pretty loving terrible

Minh is my cartoon dream wife though

Oh yeah, I don't fault him for hating Kahn after getting to know him. Kahn got fired from his job because he just had to go out of his way to make Hank feel inferior by spouting off top secret information,.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Houle posted:

Oh yeah, I don't fault him for hating Kahn after getting to know him. Kahn got fired from his job because he just had to go out of his way to make Hank feel inferior by spouting off top secret information,.

TRUMP!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kahnnie is a good kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"I know how we can get rid of the hipsters. Just change the name of a different part of town to 'Cool Town.' In Cool Town, everybody rides bicycles, and there's always music playing."
"Bwaaaugh... It sounds like Austin."