Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
According to Meltz, Hojo is being told to come up with a new finisher because "The elbow drop is Bayley's move"

Yeah, I'm sure Hojo's a good enough wrestler to make something else but it's so silly to bring over a wrestler who has one of the best looking finishers in the world and tell them not to use it because another wrestler does a sub-par version on the main roster. It's kind of like when KENTA came over and couldn't use almost any of his moves because CM Punk and Daniel Bryan had hijacked almost his entire repertoire (CM Punk used the GTS & striking combo & Daniel Bryan used the knee strike and "Yes! kicks" and currently Finn is using the Double Stomps)

e: Shirai would have to stop using the moonsault too because Charolette does but that's less of a problem for her

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

According to Meltz, Hojo is being told to come up with a new finisher because "The elbow drop is Bayley's move"

Yeah, I'm sure Hojo's a good enough wrestler to make something else but it's so silly to bring over a wrestler who has one of the best looking finishers in the world and tell them not to use it because another wrestler does a sub-par version on the main roster. It's kind of like when KENTA came over and couldn't use almost any of his moves because CM Punk and Daniel Bryan had hijacked almost his entire repertoire (CM Punk used the GTS & striking combo & Daniel Bryan used the knee strike and "Yes! kicks" and currently Finn is using the Double Stomps)

e: Shirai would have to stop using the moonsault too because Charolette does but that's less of a problem for her

It is dumb surely but I think the problem is both of them having the same finisher in this case. I think the same happened with TJP and Noam Dar who both used the Kneebar in the indies and Dar now does some form of enzugiri it seems.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's silly is that there's like 6 people doing spears and it's not even an issue

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what is on the lineup for the NXT taping at Chicago before Takeover? Seems like just Drew Mac/Blake, and Alister Black vs some unknown opponent? Was hoping to see Ohio in action live.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
They should obviously debut Hideo on SDL and h ave him team with Nakamura as the "New Orient Express"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

The funny thing is, its not even Bayley's finisher. She's only won a single match with it. Then when she hit the same move in several other matches, its been kicked out of.

Regardless, she's been getting a lot of heat from people about it, even though it probably wasn't her decision. I think the best solution here is to have her talk to Vince or Dunn (I assume the directive came from one of them) and try to get them to change their minds.

Also, Shirai will probably be allowed to use the moonsault considering how desperately WWE wanted to sign her.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I really hope they make her change her finisher lol

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I never got the problem with having two people using the same move. Like if it's the entire roster it becomes a problem, but if you have two people who use the same move it's like the foundation for the simplest feud in history, and has the potential for a stupid number of spots that will get pops.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let them have an Elbow Drop Match like the Mania 1 Body Slam match or the Sid/Nash Powerbomb match and sort out whose is best. Or the less good Mark Henry vs Viscera Gorilla Press Match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Less Good Mark Henry is my ringname.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Skinty McEdger posted:

I never got the problem with having two people using the same move. Like if it's the entire roster it becomes a problem, but if you have two people who use the same move it's like the foundation for the simplest feud in history, and has the potential for a stupid number of spots that will get pops.

It's a problem if a move if 1 wrestler's nothing move and another's finisher. Plus commentary is so god awful now they can't even be bothered selling the qualities of wrestling that a particular wrestler possesses that make their spear/superkick/falcon arrow/moonsault more devastating than when others perform it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Unless they're on the same brand, I don't see the problem, but if this is what it takes to kill Bayley to Belly forever, I'll kinda take that trade, honestly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ciampa's status is touch and go. The match will still go ahead regardless. Johnny may get another partner.

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/865602816244580352 https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/865603009023062016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Eeep https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/865594905153884161

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

The funny thing is, its not even Bayley's finisher. She's only won a single match with it. Then when she hit the same move in several other matches, its been kicked out of.

Regardless, she's been getting a lot of heat from people about it, even though it probably wasn't her decision. I think the best solution here is to have her talk to Vince or Dunn (I assume the directive came from one of them) and try to get them to change their minds.

Also, Shirai will probably be allowed to use the moonsault considering how desperately WWE wanted to sign her.
Honestly this is probably going to end up like how people were claiming that Ember Moon wouldn't be allowed to use her finisher.

Apparently the Takeover show hasn't sold that well, which is kind of crazy since its in Chicago

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

projecthalaxy posted:

Let them have an Elbow Drop Match like the Mania 1 Body Slam match or the Sid/Nash Powerbomb match and sort out whose is best. Or the less good Mark Henry vs Viscera Gorilla Press Match.

Give her the loving airplane spin. An old school airplane spin into an unceremonious drop. That's it, that's your finisher, gorilla monsoon style.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly this is probably going to end up like how people were claiming that Ember Moon wouldn't be allowed to use her finisher.

Apparently the Takeover show hasn't sold that well, which is kind of crazy since its in Chicago

Even though NXT has been pretty good recently, they went through a long time of being pretty mediocre, and not having that same brand recognition as wwe means that if fans leave the product they are likely gone for good.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RealFoxy posted:

What's silly is that there's like 6 people doing spears and it's not even an issue

There are at least two guys in NXT who use a running kick as a finisher.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The_Rob posted:

Even though NXT has been pretty good recently, they went through a long time of being pretty mediocre, and not having that same brand recognition as wwe means that if fans leave the product they are likely gone for good.

Yeah without a big 4 PPV alongside it to bring in the hardcore and overseas fans the damage Nxt took from the brand split roster gutting and general creative stagnation in 2016 is going to take a little while to turn numbers around. See: people having to be begged to watch the weekly shows again despite them being v. good lately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Platypus Farm posted:

Give her the loving airplane spin. An old school airplane spin into an unceremonious drop. That's it, that's your finisher, gorilla monsoon style.

Can't, Tyler Bate does that.

Basic Chunnel posted:

There are at least two guys in NXT who use a running kick as a finisher.

And one woman.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was rewatching the two tag matches from Takeover Orlando and you know what's really really good? Kassius Ohno's music. Also Kassius Ohno. Ruby Riot, Roddy Strong, basically everybody in the 8 person tag and the triple threat tag. that was a good show. I hope this is also a good show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

For all my dudes in the Satan Club, Aleister Black finally got a shirt and while I question leading with a white shirt instead of black, the design is excellent for a wrestling shirt:

https://shop.wwe.com/aleister-black-fade-to-black-authentic-t-shirt/TE0001.html?dwvar_TE0001_color=White#start=1

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 19, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Should we use this thread to post about the UK show

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

can't they just put Itami and Almas together as the new Ingobernables.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am wearing a shirt that says No Man Is Ever Truly Good No Man Is Ever Truly Evil right on there and i'm drat near ready to ask that others stop whooping my rear end freely. i Am about to start doing the whooping. not right now but soon

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Just give him his release papers already.

The guy is tepid as gently caress.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Benne posted:

Should we use this thread to post about the UK show

I just posted a thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Are JR and Nigel on a green screen

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Working from home on a Friday and a WWE UK special is on, life is good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Are JR and Nigel on a green screen

I didn't see what you're referring to, but they weren't there during the filming so probably something like that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIh6gJKZgjM

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
"I've been working on so many fork lift things!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

For all my dudes in the Satan Club, Aleister Black finally got a shirt and while I question leading with a white shirt instead of black, the design is excellent for a wrestling shirt:

https://shop.wwe.com/aleister-black-fade-to-black-authentic-t-shirt/TE0001.html?dwvar_TE0001_color=White#start=1

Very good shirt but the fade to black on the back is annoying. That design rules though.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Yeah that's a decent shirt, but goddamn stop putting things on the back of shirts you dicks

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Just wear your battle vest over it.

That shirt rules to hell tho

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/865658439736860672

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dud.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008