Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a universal constant will always be that one dumbass breaking off from the group to go to some baffling corner of the map where they'll get jumped or dragged off and then complain in chat about us not helping them while we deal with a horde of rats

50% of the time it's the elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is why I play the elf.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

But the rats are faster than you.

but I'm an elf!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Banano posted:

but I'm an elf!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
the time of rukia's execution got changed.gif

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
These lil rats jumping back and forth to get at me :kiddo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y59ygrgc854&t=371s

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Not mine

No, he didn't roll that Crossbow, I just liked how impossible this is.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Lunethex posted:

Not mine

No, he didn't roll that Crossbow, I just liked how impossible this is.

goddamn ranald number generator

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Definitely the result of the new increasing chance to get a DLC weapon every time you finish a DLC level without getting one, combined with the fact that there is only one weapon for stromdorf

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I thought that the lootscreen was only for show? Or does the game actually make a pool of eight weapons and roll among those?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the diceroll screen is 100% for show, but it is definitely picking from a pool of stuff with the actual calculations being nailed down when you beat the mission, to take consideration for the books you get during the run

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Giving away a mask for the bloody Elf isn't a good way to encourage us, Fatshark.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

pretty classic ploy to get peoples' email addresses though. not a bad thought.

that said i'll work with lupo's mod later and just spawn it for myself, i get enough spam thanks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i melt down pretty much all the stuff i get for the elf so i don't want to give my email address for spam just for crafting fodder

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
It's also one of her most boring masks out there. They couldn't even bother to give away one of the CE ones (which are actually good).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

its a sock

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wait so i've never seen a falchion for months that i've played the dwarf missions is increasing the drop chance of DLC weapons a thing?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

the diceroll screen is 100% for show, but it is definitely picking from a pool of stuff with the actual calculations being nailed down when you beat the mission, to take consideration for the books you get during the run

its not just for show, if you consider that if the game host leaves and you get auto-booted before you roll the dice, the game deprives you of the reward altogether

at least that's how it worked a few months back

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arghy posted:

Wait so i've never seen a falchion for months that i've played the dwarf missions is increasing the drop chance of DLC weapons a thing?

Only if you actually own the DLC.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

its not just for show, if you consider that if the game host leaves and you get auto-booted before you roll the dice, the game deprives you of the reward altogether

it never did that.

i remember getting the "roll good" achievement when the mission i was on ended: it allocates that poo poo asap to prevent what you described.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

this is literally never how it's worked

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
Are goons using Discord now for this game?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Sadistic posted:

Are goons using Discord now for this game?

Yep

https://discord.gg/t4EvJVx

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
Awesome, thanks. Getting sick of playing with Pubbies.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Only if you actually own the DLC.

I own the DLC and have run dwarf levels all the time--do i need to run them consecutively?

Me and my friend finally took down krengk on NM with 2 bots, shits so satisfying just unloading our ranged weapons into him while the 2 bots killed the chaff. The elf is also absolutely absurd, i got the red sword and dagger with red true flight and holy gently caress i was just laughing the entire time.

Is hagbane or true flight better for krengk? i'm really lazy and want to run nothing but true flight.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

trueflight is pretty bad for the boss so hagbane wins by default there

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just run nothing but trueflight then. The difference isn't so pronounced as to make it worth putting extra effort into clicking rats

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'll definitely do a true flight run to see if it makes a difference because when the SV spawn it might be useful there.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I asked fatshark why trueflight doesn't auto aim for his head and never got an answer so it's really the longbow that makes a difference, not the hagbane. if anything, the elf serves best as the role of keeping poo poo off everyone else for lack of effective overall power against krench

and also baiting him with superior dodge and making him get off-balance'd.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 20, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
From a programming standpoint I can see why it aims for center of mass, back when I played more I remember arrows just loving orbiting the enemies, now imagine that with a target that's way smaller.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Does it not autocorrect into his head if you aim high like every other thing with the Trueflight?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Took me a single run as the elf to decide i'll never go back, hammer/handgun bardin forever. I'd rather take part in the rat space program then dance around as a stupid elf! Red handgun is loving absurd once you get used to it. My job is to kill every special that shows its face, blast SV heads before we get to the clanrat groups, and make sure the patient sackrat gets a bullet to the brain before he thinks about running.

In 3 missions in a row i spotted the sackrat before he saw us and lined up a headshot then happily told the group sackrats dead!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Arghy posted:

Took me a single run as the elf to decide i'll never go back, hammer/handgun bardin forever. I'd rather take part in the rat space program then dance around as a stupid elf! Red handgun is loving absurd once you get used to it. My job is to kill every special that shows its face, blast SV heads before we get to the clanrat groups, and make sure the patient sackrat gets a bullet to the brain before he thinks about running.

In 3 missions in a row i spotted the sackrat before he saw us and lined up a headshot then happily told the group sackrats dead!

same, but marcus. handgun owns all day everyday and I'm still just using a blue one that was the very first blue drop I ever got

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I know the elf has better weapons than the daggers but nothing beats the feeling of spazzing the gently caress out all over the enemy while dodging and dancing around like crazy. It is pure 'why I play elf'.

Saltzpyre's Falchion is the best weapon in the game though.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Did my first ever cata run and i gotta say its very manageable you just need to be playing smart. gently caress getting grims though the 60% less damage from poison is mandatory.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

it never did that.

i remember getting the "roll good" achievement when the mission i was on ended: it allocates that poo poo asap to prevent what you described.

well waddayaknow. i thought i lost a loot once

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Arghy posted:

Did my first ever cata run and i gotta say its very manageable you just need to be playing smart. gently caress getting grims though the 60% less damage from poison is mandatory.

globadiers can kiss the vilest part of my rear end, i am never taking off that trinket

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I hate how specials can't be body shot with the handgun on cata though, as the assigned anti special player it changes everything when you need to quick scope and score that headshot or get hosed. I got lucky and got the red crossbow on bardin which has skullcracker so i might swap to that purely because that can pull your rear end out of the fire more then extra rupture.

Ensuring that sackrat gets hosed is deffo a plus for the handgun though--gently caress your sack its MMMMIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEE!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The mod pack pinned on the discord has an option to highlight specific enemies in red I found. The only one I use is the Sack Rat because they spawn on the other sides of walls, get alerted through them, and flee immediately without the players ever getting a fair chance to attack them. Now at least I can know that we're about to be hosed over in advance since I always teleport up and kill it then get back to the team.

Easiest example of this is Drachenfels. Past the room where you can drop down for a grim, the stairs up are the ceiling to a stairwell. The sack rat often spawns there in the stairway up to the room with the lever that opens a wall and just runs off and despawns. Completely impossible to deal with under any circumstance.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Is there a list of potential trait combos for the newer weapons? I want to optimize my repeater crossbow and warpick after i get the rapier to its golden stats.

• Locked thread