Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Owning a Tebow-led team is like owning a two-year-old

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45J7lw2wfY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This was a really amazing game, because it showed that if you had a historically great defense, injured the entire Patriots offensive line, all their running backs and receivers, then Tom Brady would still drive down the field for the game tying touchdown.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intruder posted:

Imagine seeing Tom Brady trying to block and having basically carte blanche to take his head off and instead just kind of shuffling out of his way

Jets.txt

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

<drags your team out of your city>

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/18/los-angeles-rams-usc-l-a-coliseum-naming-rights-have-been-sold-to-united-airlines-for-70m/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a patagonian cavy posted:

old and busted: QB running for a TD

new hotness: QB catch and run for a TD

Every single time I see this I cringe a little because I think andey is about to get blown the gently caress up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I still can't believe the guy didn't do that

The coliseum has terrible seats and going there to watch the Rams play isn't enjoyable for anyone. Checks out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

Every single time I see this I cringe a little because I think andey is about to get blown the gently caress up

That was prior to the arrival of EROTIC SMASHMOUTH football in Tennessee

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

^^--I still can't believe the guy didn't do that

A pick goes to the house. Also it should have been picked

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
He couldn't decide between blowing him up and picking it, so he did both which subsequently meant he did neither.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

This was a really amazing game, because it showed that if you had a historically great defense, injured the entire Patriots offensive line, all their running backs and receivers, then Tom Brady would still drive down the field for the game tying touchdown.

Your opponent also needs to have a shell-of-his-former-self QB fail to generate any sustained offense.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
And I actually thought Knile Davis would make a decent rb one day.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/865343814927613952

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

News: Mike Vick gonna play pro flag football.

Views: Okay.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Kalli posted:

Gronk had one of the most blatant push offs I've seen this side of Roddy White on that TD. Flabbergasted it wasn't called.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Dalton actually juked that cb so quickly that the ~24fps broadcast couldn't capture it.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Chromatic posted:

And I actually thought Knile Davis would make a decent rb one day.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/865343814927613952

this doesn't seem entirely fair, before 17 came up and blocked that hole was filled by the corner off to the left of it (29?)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If that video doesn't convince you the 400 other videos of him running the wrong direction into the waiting arms of a defender will.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
17 is already moving to the second level when Davis abandons the lane.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

whiteyfats posted:

In this long, dark offseason, I've been looking at random football stuff on Youtube, and found Justin Tuck telling a pretty decent story about Larry Allen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbKTzqsq9s

This is amazing.

Tom Sellout posted:

Thanks for sharing this. My favorite Larry Allen moment was getting in the face of a scrub kicker at the end of this video https://youtu.be/VVhkb4kDN_U

Includes a mythical Drew Bledsoe rushing TD!

So is this.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He'll always have that one game for the Chargers where he looked like Julio Jones but 25 pounds heavier.

Yeah, the Chargers were playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead in 2013, Green took a quick hitter and went something like 76 yards down the field for the score. It was ridiculous because he basically left the rest of the field choking in the dust behind him. He was ultimately really frustrating because the dude had outrageous ability, but he didn't get coached up well enough and he had concussion issues even by the time he left the Chargers.

EDIT: it was actually 60 yards. It was also still completely ridiculous to see a 240-ish pounder run that fast, so

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 19, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I love this account. Film study and 22 highlights all day

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/865390410042007552

Edit: lmao 1:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ew5SUcYkdc

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 19, 2017

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

WHOOPS posted:

17 is already moving to the second level when Davis abandons the lane.

Davis can't see that so he follows his blockers

I'm not saying Davis is good, but that is a pretty weak example

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hahaha, forgot about that Bortles foot pick.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

The one right after that is pretty impressive too. Print. The. Shirts.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/865545093016571906

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Old white NFL head coach supports a member of the GOP, details at 11

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/865566416426151936

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

why

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ryan Fitzpatrick is that one QB who sucks but is a still a better option than half the other free agents?

I mean, I don't think they're taking him to be a starter, but how many better QBs are on the market right now with game experience?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Because the current backup is an UDFA who has never played an NFL snap.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Perfectly good backup. Probably one of the better ones.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Kaep

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm trying to play out the scenarios in my head where Fitzpatrick can get his prerequisite mega paycheck from Tampa, but this one's a bit tougher.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Bucs just cursed Winston. He'll be on IR by week 6.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Bucs just cursed Winston. He'll be on IR by week 6.
This. Also he was the best backup available if your GM/Owner is blacklisting Kaep.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

I'm trying to play out the scenarios in my head where Fitzpatrick can get his prerequisite mega paycheck from Tampa, but this one's a bit tougher.

Wasn't it reported that they tried to give Glennon like six or seven million a year to be the highest paid backup in the league? That's how the Fitzpatrick cycle can repeat. Winston gets dinged up and misses a few games, Fitzpatrick comes in and chucks it to Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson against some mediocre defenses and looks awesome. Either the Bucs decide he's a safe backup option and give him a nice deal, or some other team fails for the bait and signs him to some stupidly long term contract

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Winston needs a capable backup.

He takes some of the most mind numbing hits you'll ever see.

Honestly I can understand them not pursuing Kaep, if nothing else than to avoid a situation where he comes in and plays a little too well.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

This. Also he was the best backup available if your GM/Owner is blacklisting Kaep.

RG3: probated from The football forum and the bench.

(I know he's cooked, but still).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

RG3: probated from The football forum and the bench.

(I know he's cooked, but still).

Aren't the Seahawks still considering RG3 as a backup?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ulmont posted:

Aren't the Seahawks still considering RG3 as a backup?

I thought their focus was entirely on Kaepernick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Honestly I can understand them not pursuing Kaep, if nothing else than to avoid a situation where he comes in and plays a little too well.
Kaep would not play so well that they don't start Winston. Even if he did, that just means Kaep gets a shot with a different team (in theory).

• Locked thread