Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tyma posted:

Try switching the router's channel width from 2ghz to 5ghz, or vice versa? That gave me a solid connection, but rendered some oft he older phones in the house unusable, since they don't support 5ghz.

If you want to play anything but PPT in multiplayer, then you may as well get the LAN adapter, since it's required to both have fun, and to not ruin the fun of anyone else you play against.

I'd suspect possibly the vice versa, especially if the router is in another room. The 5GHz spectrum is more susceptible to signal problems when going through walls/objects, and as a result, can suffer from a shorter quality range than 2.4GHz. If your router supports multi AP, try connecting the Switch to the 2.4GHz AP and see if it helps any.

Or, if you're on 2.4GHz already and happen to live in an apartment, that could be it as well -- I've got a billion wifi devices within range at any given time, most utilizing a 2.4GHz AP. In either case, an Ethernet adapter will almost certainly fix it, and last I read, any old USB Ethernet adapter will work just fine. Don't need to shell out the bucks for the official one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Thumper is a quite fun game, but playing it on PSVR probably ruined any chance of enjoying it on another screen.

Not saying you shouldn't get it but if you have a VR setup it's probably worth getting it for that instead.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Thanks for the tips. My router doesn't do 5ghz but I can change the channels, which I did, and that didn't help any either. To use a wired connection I'd have to have a cable running out of one room and down a hallway into the room where the switch is and I'd rather not but it seems to be my only option.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Overbite posted:

Thanks for the tips. My router doesn't do 5ghz but I can change the channels, which I did, and that didn't help any either. To use a wired connection I'd have to have a cable running out of one room and down a hallway into the room where the switch is and I'd rather not but it seems to be my only option.

I use a power line adapter for the living room because I live in a high rise and have to fight all of my neighbors for 2.4 and 5 GHz channel room. Not to mention my walls being concrete kind of kills the 5GHz benefits that far from my router.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Waiting in front of a toys r us because I've completely lost control of my life.

"Hey boss I'm gonna be in late tomorrow, I have to... run some errands"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Get the new Fire Emblem while you're there.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Good luck to y'all grown rear end adults waiting in front of a big ol' toy store before they open to get a glorious Switch and gently caress the new Fire Emblem

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

enojy posted:

I definitely feel some sort of way about it but can't really put a finger on it. It's kind of funny and charming because it's just a slightly large rear end in tight pants, and way worse has been going on for many years on other consoles... but yea, it's creepy too. I appreciate an Al Pacino GUHRRREAT rear end as much as the next guy, but it just feels out of place to me. Kind of like how people fetishize Splatoon stuff.

Uhhh I'm not gonna keep posting Twintelle is Bae memes but if you think there's no difference between an adult woman and the ten year old inklings :stare:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I am holding a slip for a red and blue switch. I feel powerful

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Should have gone grey.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

gently caress the new Fire Emblem

Please we talked about not loving the Nintendo characters.
(Legit looking forward to the new FE game for the Switch!)

Speaking of..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_O9Py2QK3E

Wargroove when???

Pocket Rumble was meant to release at the end of March and now it has disappeared..

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I Also own a red 3dsxl so I'm known for tacky console taste

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
There is a difference between sexualising and waifuising

Trust me I am an expert. Honour and Shame are huge parts of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJjqE96tFdE

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zelder posted:

Game in courage.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Should have gone grey.

you are history's greatest monster

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Imma buy those yellow joy cons when they come out

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Zelder posted:

Imma buy those yellow joy cons when they come out

Im torn between this and the watermelon.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I went grey, then saw a neon switch on a train in Switzerland and was all :smith:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

When's animal crossing coming out on this thing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

EpicNemesis posted:

I went grey, then saw a neon switch on a train in Switzerland and was all :smith:

Stay strong, friend. You made the right choice.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Gray is a regal, manly color. Don't give up hope, fellow Gray Switch Haver.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
All Nintendo Switches are beautiful and worthy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to get the yellow joycons so I can have a yellow and grey joycon attached to my Switch, so everyone on the bus will look at me and go.. "Wow better not mess with this guy he's dangerous, even his Nintendo gameman has warning colours on it!"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

As soon as it does, I will buy another Switch just so my wife and I can play together.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Probably like a couple years out.

New Leaf getting a major expansion shortly before Switch's launch after like 3 years of being out wasn't a good sign for a new main AC coming any time soon, imo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I wanted the red and blue switch but walmart only had the grey one but I like the grey one more now since all the colors match

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Pocket Rumble was meant to release at the end of March and now it has disappeared..

It was never going to release in March and I thought it was funny when it showed up as releasing then.

I say this because I remember watching somebody play a beta or something years ago at this point and this was the first time I'd seen it since with no fanfare.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

New Leaf getting a major expansion shortly before Switch's launch after like 3 years of being out wasn't a good sign for a new main AC coming any time soon, imo.

I'll hold out hope for a port at least. With a proper AC, I would be entertained for a long time.

The console itself is pretty neat even though I'm still figuring stuff out. Used the stand for the first time this morning and the controllers were surprisingly intuitive for Mario Kart that way. I thought it would be uncomfortable or I'd fumble with the controls a bit but it was a pretty smooth transition.

I'm not sure I'll ever use this thing on my actual TV. Maybe for Zelda.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Zelder posted:

take it to work and play it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Needless to say, the Switch was a huge hit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

Gray is a regal, manly color. Don't give up hope, fellow Gray Switch Haver.

It's a fun happy console, and you should get the version with bright happy colours :colbert:.

Also it's blue-and-red, not red-and-blue! :goonsay:

You gotta pay extra for the standalone red-and-blue Joycon pair.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

Welcome amiibo wasn't a good sign, but the super fire sale of AC amiibo could be fairly reflective of its future. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement at E3, especially with the HD assets in amiibo festival.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a fun happy console, and you should get the version with bright happy colours :colbert:.

Also it's blue-and-red, not red-and-blue! :goonsay:

You gotta pay extra for the standalone red-and-blue Joycon pair.

I wish the dock and the switch itself was also red and blue and not just the joycons

I mean there's case mods and stuff you can buy but still

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Policenaut posted:

yeah

It's obvious Nintendo WAS working on an AC for the WiiU, but they saw the writing on the wall and scrapped it, salvaging the assets to use on amiibo Festival.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It seems like the New Leaf addon stuff was an attempt to help sell all those animal crossing amiibo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tender Bender posted:

It seems like the New Leaf addon stuff was an attempt to help sell all those animal crossing amiibo.

Not to mention Happy Home Designer's lovely sales. I'm guessing they just wanted to expand a bit on Amiibo card usage. I still don't think we will get any AC Switch info until maybe like 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Idoubt it, smash 4 has been out for two and a half years ago. Sakurai then worked with the DLC for another year and finally got some rest. You Could start a new Smash and have it in 3 more years minimum or have Smash for Switch so all the 3DS owners feel the graphical jump.

I'd be surprised if we ever got another Smash outside of a souped up re-release of the WiiU one. Sakurai left HAL mainly because he hated "sequelization" but has made 4 Smash Bros games, each one bigger than the last and loving him up more and more (his arms were like calcified or some poo poo in development of Smash 4). How much more poo poo could you even put in?

also some people are talking about VC--has that been confirmed?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
No idk if any of the rumors have been confirmed

People just expect VC because it would be perfect for the switch. A portable Gamecube would be :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean it's coming eventually, they're not going to just not do it for the Switch.

Hopefully the wait means it's worth it instead of being some slapdash poo poo.

• Locked thread