Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Why is she Iron Man?

She had to use the mask to filter out trigger scent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Astro City #44

"Ahm invulnerable when ahm barkin'!"

Ok that's just cute.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TwoPair posted:

Also, being able to fly without her boyfriend can be convenient.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I am so tired of trigger scent.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

I thought it was to giveh her an edge in her fight with Kimura?

Lurdiak posted:

I am so tired of trigger scent.

Good news! She's cured of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Good news! She's cured of it.

'Til she isn't.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lurdiak posted:

'Til she isn't.

That was a huge turning point in her story. Together with a quasi-flashback, a new teamup with Gambit and the death of her biggest adversary. I actually believe they wont return that lightly.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 18, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

cant cook creole bream posted:

That was a huge turning point in her story. Together with a quasi-flashback, a new teamup with Gambit and the death of her biggest adversary. I actually believe they wont return that lightly.

And I don't believe they would retcon Spidey's Marriage with a literally deal with the devil.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bunnyofdoom posted:

And I don't believe they would retcon Spidey's Marriage with a literally deal with the devil.

Oracle has become such a huge part of the DC universe for decades now, I don't think they'll ever put Barbara back in the tights again.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Nobody stays dead except Uncle Ben and Bucky.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hawkeye #3, 1983

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

prefect posted:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hey, Uncle Ben's still dead!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

prefect posted:

Franklin Storm. :colbert:

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Is Captain America still a nazi?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New Wave Jose posted:

Is Captain America still a nazi?

It's about 50/50

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought it was to giveh her an edge in her fight with Kimura?

My memory's fuzzy and I don't have the issue in front of me so you might be right.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Doesn't she also flex the suit off?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

prefect posted:

And Ben Reilly

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gwen Stacy only gets to live in alternate universes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why not Midnight?

Because he's a doctor. Duh. You don't go around talking about "Sorcerer Strange" either, medical school is a lot of work and it's fair to be drat proud of it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Are *you* gonna tell the girl with bone claws who can regenerate from being shot in the head what she can or cannot wear?

I would if I was Iron Man

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Because he's a doctor. Duh. You don't go around talking about "Sorcerer Strange" either, medical school is a lot of work and it's fair to be drat proud of it.

It's from Injustice, don't know the issue. Stole the image from the touching panels thread

Veotax fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 18, 2017

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Veotax posted:

It's from Injustice, don't know the issue. Stole the image from the touching panels thread
You're not a surgeon, Quinzel. You're a psychologist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zereth posted:

You're not a surgeon, Quinzel. You're a psychologist.

She has an MD at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Psychology is a PhD not an MD like the one that former-practising Psychiatrist Doctor Fate holds.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I thought she was a psychiatrist, like Hannibal Lecter.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
They're the same thing as far as the general public is concerned, so writers tend to forget which is which.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
They also forget Dennis Leary made this joke 30 years ago when talking to Dr. Dre (no, not that one, the other one).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Have Harley Quinn and Scarecrow ever had a talk or argument over psychology? Didn't they both use to work at Arkham?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't think Scarecrow ever worked at Arkham in most continuities. He's usually portrayed as a professor of psychiatry/psychology or a general academic or having a private practice. He ran Arkham in The Batman of Arkham, one of the best elseworlds, but that's all I'm aware of.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Henry Bendix is more amusing than I remembered (The Wild Storm #4).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Warren Ellis writing that?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Henry Bendix is more amusing than I remembered (The Wild Storm #4).

I dunno, he got a few laughs out of me back in the Ellis Stormwatch days.

She farts to meeee!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rhonne posted:

Have Harley Quinn and Scarecrow ever had a talk or argument over psychology? Didn't they both use to work at Arkham?

They basically run into each other once in the asylum in BTAS and the Scarecrow is ranting and raving but then stops to greet her warmly and then continues ranting and raving if memory serves

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is Warren Ellis writing that?

Yep. It's the current run of Wildstorm.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Context: OG Ollie, who was killed in this dimension frequently had banter with Harley waaaay back in the first year of Injustice about how The Arrow Cave was a crap name for his hideout, with Harley trying to convince him that 'The Quiver' was a better name and made more sense. After his death, enter his inter-dimensional counterpart who has just now travelled to the Injustice universe for the first time and is dealing with living in a universe where an alternate version of him died years ago.

4 years. THAT's a slow-burn punchline.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Breetai posted:

Context: OG Ollie, who was killed in this dimension frequently had banter with Harley waaaay back in the first year of Injustice about how The Arrow Cave was a crap name for his hideout, with Harley trying to convince him that 'The Quiver' was a better name and made more sense. After his death, enter his inter-dimensional counterpart who has just now travelled to the Injustice universe for the first time and is dealing with living in a universe where an alternate version of him died years ago.

4 years. THAT's a slow-burn punchline.

That's also pretty similar to what happened to Ollie in the normal DCU (pre-New52 (post-Crisis)). He died and was brought back by Kevin Smith, but it was a younger, more silver age-y version of him. I remember a scene where he was lying in the back of the batmobile while Batman brought him home and there was an exchange kind of like:

"Do I have any of my old stuff? The Arrow-mobile? The Arrow-cave?"
"God, Ollie, did you have any original ideas back then?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glob Herman in glasses is going to lead to some great sight gags. (Generation X #1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

zoux posted:

Glob Herman in glasses is going to lead to some great sight gags. (Generation X #1)

Ice Lass, Pixie, Not-Beast-Boy, Glob Herman, En Sarariman Nur, Rocksman, Little Old Lady Cosplayer, Timetravelling Quicksilver?