Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I might try again without x-ray vision. Is that a mod or where do you configure that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Falcon2001 posted:

I might try again without x-ray vision. Is that a mod or where do you configure that?
config/epicsiegemod.cfg

You've got two main options: Turn off x-rays entirely, at which point enemies will still be able to dig/climb/blast after you but have to actually see you first, making mountain/walled bases more valuable:
code:
    # Allows mobs to see targets through walls [default: true]
    B:"Xray Mobs"=false
Or turn off features on zombies like digging, building nerdpoles, and dropping TNT. Mobs will still swarm after you and try to find ways into your base, and creepers can still explode if you're right against the same wall they are, but you're more or less safe from break-ins. This is a bit of a stronger measure, and still lets you make mob-grinding traps, but also makes more types of bases viable.
code:
    # List of mobs that can pillar up and build stairs [default: [Zombie]]
    S:"Building Mobs" <
        #Zombie
     >

# List of mobs that can drop live TNT [default: [Zombie]]
    S:"Demolition Mobs" <
       #Zombie
     >

# List of mobs that can dig through blocks [default: [Zombie]]
    S:"Digging Mobs" <
        #Zombie
     >
Either way, the modpack involves mob spawning/grinding anyway, so you're neither gaining nor losing much when it comes to farmed mob drops.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I assumed as such, but figured this moved on to something else. Do you not know any equivalent thrown up on somebody's server somewhere? Nobody?

I've been hoping in 1.10.2 that I'd find a server where some people are up to similar shenanigans myself.

lolmer posted:

Grimdark is the only Goon 1.10 server that I'm aware of. I have 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 modpacks that I put together for my family, but I do not host any publicly available servers for them.

There's also Disasterpiece Theater Act 3, which has quite a few mods. It's nowhere near the craziness level of Grimdark, however.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Honestly Epic Siege with the nerdpoling and digging turned off sounds fun, kinda like InDev mobs were except you can't just dig a pit in front of your door due to them having actual pathfinding now.

It's always annoyed me in Vanilla that there's no real gameplay reason to put effort into any kind of base defenses anymore and while some mods take it too far that seems like a happy medium. Of course, you can still just light stuff up on the surface I guess.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

COTT

how do i go about breeding the 10/10/10 seeds in agricraft?

ATM i drop a wheat in crop sticks, put some crop sticks next to it and im getting all the other seeds (like redstone and diamond and soulium... its pretty awesome. OH, and if i hit one of these seeds with a rake, it pops out and gives me a free crop stick.... Its probably the best bug ive ever encountered)

Ive tried singles, ive made a cross with doubles, I havent bothered with 4 yet as teh watering can i made doesnt seem to do anything.

Usually you make a 5x5 7x7 or 9x9 plot with your 1/1/1 at one corner with double crop sticks on all the other - at the othe corner when grown it should be 10/10/10 or at least getting there -
rinse and repeat until they are all 10/10/10

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

TheresaJayne posted:

Usually you make a 5x5 7x7 or 9x9 plot with your 1/1/1 at one corner with double crop sticks on all the other - at the othe corner when grown it should be 10/10/10 or at least getting there -
rinse and repeat until they are all 10/10/10

Won't work on COTT. Weeds are turned on by default and mutation chance is really low and crops seem to be able to mutate downwards(?), you need 4 parents to get positive mutations, or you'll - at best - end up with like a 3/1/3 by doing this.

Or maybe not mutate downwards. I'm not exactly sure what is going on because it's behaving differently than any Agricraft I've used in the past. Normally it's always taken two parents' stats and either kept the higher between the two or mutated upwards. So a 3/1/2 and a 1/3/2 would have at least produced a 3/3/2. As it is here, it seems as that could instead produce a 1/2/2 with only two parents. I wasted a few stacks of crop sticks first trying it the usual way, and then with the 'let them cross the field' method, before only getting it to work with 4 parents and gradually replacing the lowest statted parent with each breeding round.

Also what Magres said. Weeds are nasty. Make sure you right click with an iron rake if you get weeds, that'll give you free crop sticks.

Alternatively, open \config\agricraft\jsons\default\vanilla\plants\weeds.json with your choice of text editor and change "enabled" to false. Still won't help with my earlier point though.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 19, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Black Pants posted:

Won't work on COTT. Weeds are turned on by default and mutation chance is really low and crops seem to be able to mutate downwards(?), you need 4 parents to get positive mutations, or you'll - at best - end up with like a 3/1/3 by doing this.

If anyone doesn't know what this means, it means "grow your breeding crops separate from everything else or risk losing your entire field because weeds can wipe it all out if you let them get out of control."

Just as a heads up

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

And like i said before im getting 'weeds', but instead of weed weeds im getting, tier 3-4 magic crops.

And the cross with 4 parents straight up isnt working. The pumpkins i spent far too much time doing all ended up 1/1/1.

And they grow pretty quickly too.

I'm thinking of just setting up a 9x9 of individual 1/1/1's that i need/get.

And at some point i need to get some power/automation going LOL. But i think ill build a mob grinder and plant tower first.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

And like i said before im getting 'weeds', but instead of weed weeds im getting, tier 3-4 magic crops.

And the cross with 4 parents straight up isnt working. The pumpkins i spent far too much time doing all ended up 1/1/1.

And they grow pretty quickly too.

I'm thinking of just setting up a 9x9 of individual 1/1/1's that i need/get.

And at some point i need to get some power/automation going LOL. But i think ill build a mob grinder and plant tower first.

That is a problem with the Agricraft jsons that someone made wherein the mystical agriculture plants have a 'spawn rate' setting of 0.1 which means they have a chance of magically spawning like weeds. No loving idea why that was done, but as far as I remember it was fixed a couple of versions of COTT ago.

And how did you do the pumpkins? Did you place four in a cross around a central point, cross-sticks the central point, collect the pumpkin seed that eventually spawns and then analyze it before replacing one of the original four with it? Because there shouldn't be any way the product is still a 1/1/1. I've gotten a bunch of crops to 10/10/10 this way.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Alright I feel like I'm missing something once again in CoTT. I need Yellowrium to make stuff for extreme reactors but Yellowrium ore gets smelted into Uranium and I can't find a process that makes straight up Yellowrium ingots and the recipes don't seem to be updated to accept Uranium instead. So yeah where the hell do I get Yellowrium?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

You guys are able to make crops in CotT?

Jei isn't showing a recipe and neither regular sticks not treated sticks makes em

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
If you disable certain mods or add new ones it can make recipes not work.

Newest bug with cott is trying to shoot through a block with a ladder causes a crash to desktop that complains about opengl and one of the combat mods. Same thing happens when certain Infernal mobs shoot through grass with optifine installed.

I'd check my pc for the crashlog but I'm currently posting from mobile.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Regarding Agricraft, I've played so many modpacks with it and spent so much time across multiple instances getting seeds to 10/10/10 that I just crank the difficulty settings down as much as possible in every new modpack it shows up in.
Weeds? Off. Viable parents? Any. Stat divisor? 1. It becomes pretty easy to crank out good crops after you get a handful of the basics to max-10. I've done it legitimately enough times, I'm not about to suffer through another hardmode slog of it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Note: Crossbreeding mutations and stat increases only happen if the parents are fully grown.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Verizian posted:

If you disable certain mods or add new ones it can make recipes not work.

Newest bug with cott is trying to shoot through a block with a ladder causes a crash to desktop that complains about opengl and one of the combat mods. Same thing happens when certain Infernal mobs shoot through grass with optifine installed.

I'd check my pc for the crashlog but I'm currently posting from mobile.

I've only done config changes to animalium spawns thats about it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Question, what costs 35 thousand diamonds, 140 thousand smooth stone, and 1.2 million Minicio Essence?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Eh, not usually. Steve's Factory Manager, Factorization, and (very, very laboriously and with a lot of space) Actually Additions are the only other mods I know that can do it, and they're all arcane in their own ways.

Here's a usage example: I'm grinding out Plutonium.

Yeah, that's far more complex a problem than what I was envisioning. I was thinking more Thermal Dynamic machines where each side is specified so it's not difficult to slot something in. Putting something in specific slots in a giant inventory is an entirely different matter. That's really neat, though.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

God bee lining turrets was a great idea. Just keep them powered and full of cobble and 3 will take care of near anything. CotT is fun when it gets rolling and I love the Ender sword a loot bag had. Any way to recharge it for the bonus damage?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

Question, what costs 35 thousand diamonds, 140 thousand smooth stone, and 1.2 million Minicio Essence?

But why? If you had that much minicio already, why do you need a giant farm for it?

Vaxine
Apr 3, 2005
I loved Refined Storage so much. Then I popped into the Mining Dimension for a bit and when i returned, my storage system wouldn't switch on. I removed the lot and replaced it only to find my 16K item disk had gone along with about 6K items. Is this common? It seems every time I go into the Mining Dimension and come back, the whole thing stops working. gently caress.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Vaxine posted:

I loved Refined Storage so much. Then I popped into the Mining Dimension for a bit and when i returned, my storage system wouldn't switch on. I removed the lot and replaced it only to find my 16K item disk had gone along with about 6K items. Is this common? It seems every time I go into the Mining Dimension and come back, the whole thing stops working. gently caress.

Update your Refined Storage to 1.4.5 or newer.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ak Gara posted:

:haw:
This is a very good thing you have built.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

McFrugal posted:

But why? If you had that much minicio already, why do you need a giant farm for it?

Because he can? This is the same person that built a giant array of mining lasers and was suffering lag due to rendering of all the tesseracts required.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

I'm not familiar with Minicio, is that glass below your farm something to do with it? Is it just pretty blocks or something functional? It does look pretty. :)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Those are Growth Pulsers. They require hella amounts of minicio essence to craft (dependent on pack, but in Project Ozone 2 it requires 36 zivicio, which is the 5th tier of essence, blocks), stack up to 64 below the dirt block that's growing something and accelerate growth.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Sage Grimm posted:

Those are Growth Pulsers. They require hella amounts of minicio essence to craft (dependent on pack, but in Project Ozone 2 it requires 36 zivicio, which is the 5th tier of essence, blocks), stack up to 64 below the dirt block that's growing something and accelerate growth.

Holy lagzone, Batman! Reminds me of some people's "hyper" farm on Modderation: Permabanned with stacks of Lilypads of Fertility, a Watch of Flowing Time (maybe multiple, I forget), and some other growth accelerator that I'm forgetting about. It was a nearly constant lagfest of plant, grow, harvest nearly every tick...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
We don't ask if we should, only if we can.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ak Gara posted:

What are those things sticking out from the interfaces.. AE powered lights? Never seen them before.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ambaire posted:

What are those things sticking out from the interfaces.. AE powered lights? Never seen them before.

Look like Galacticraft lamps.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive done enough breeding 10/10/10's myself.

So yes, 4 pumpkin parents. I'm tapping the centre sticks every few moments as the 'weeds' (tier 3 or 4) sprout.

When pumpkins do spawn in there, they are 1/1/1.

I might go into the config file and remove weeds and make it any viable parent.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm really liking the Ender IO Farming station. It's silent and much less laggy than the MFR one. Plus it both plants and harvests in a single machine!

McFrugal posted:

Because now the Growth Pulsars are finished, I can put down every other type of magic crop I need to.

Black Pants posted:

Look like Galacticraft lamps.

Correct.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Well playing CoTT I found some kind of lava axe in a loot bag that deals 22.5 dmg, sets enemies on fire and is soulbound. Went outside during a blood moon and got it up to level 8, it now heals me so much when I hit things that running out of mobs is the only way I die in combat. Or when a rat steals it. Took ages to get the drat thing back!

Oh and update on the crash, It's BetterCombat, crashes the game whenever you right click to block or use a bow while in the same block space as a ladder so need to remember to avoid doing that.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Ak Gara posted:

Shhhsh, no one tell him about the imaginary time block

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I've been desperately generating RFTool worlds looking for yellorium material dimlet or hoping to hit on a random world so I can maintain my Big Reactor running at 4 turbines (generating about 2.2 million RF/tick total). Otherwise I'll have to scale back a bit and either drop down some more MFR lasers focused on uranium or start an auto-reprocessing chain for blutonium and keep trying.

The ironic thing is my reactor is running that hot so I can maintain RFTool worlds.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

I might go into the config file and remove weeds and make it any viable parent.
Absolutely do this, and in every pack. Weeds are a dumb mechanic and not having cross-species inheritance means growing up to max for every single plant -- sometimes dozens. gently caress that. Also weeds are encouraged to spawn by the same things that normally propagate plants (e.g. increased ticks, watering cans) so there's no way to pre-empt them and speeding growth also speeds weeds.

Verizian posted:

Oh and update on the crash, It's BetterCombat, crashes the game whenever you right click to block or use a bow while in the same block space as a ladder so need to remember to avoid doing that.
Good to know. I randomly hit that same crash the other day when I tried to eat while climbing a ladder.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Sage Grimm posted:

I've been desperately generating RFTool worlds looking for yellorium material dimlet or hoping to hit on a random world so I can maintain my Big Reactor running at 4 turbines (generating about 2.2 million RF/tick total). Otherwise I'll have to scale back a bit and either drop down some more MFR lasers focused on uranium or start an auto-reprocessing chain for blutonium and keep trying.

The ironic thing is my reactor is running that hot so I can maintain RFTool worlds.

Get 128 yellorium ore and absorb it in a material absorber. This will let you craft a yellorium material dimlet.

Be on the lookout for randomly generated/researched liquid yellorium and liquid blutonium dimlets, too. You can pump the liquid directly out of the world, then cast it into ingots in a Tinker's Construct casting table to make ingots. Just make sure to bring a jetpack, angel block, and a source of fire protection when you visit the world, as you will be swimming in molten metal. You won't be able to find the spawn room, either, once you break the surface.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Or just wait till endgame to mess with RFtools worlds like I did when you already have an Advanced Dislocator for getting around on a moment's notice. Probably not helpful, though! :downs:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Absolutely do this, and in every pack. Weeds are a dumb mechanic and not having cross-species inheritance means growing up to max for every single plant -- sometimes dozens. gently caress that.

Not true! You can still inherit stats from parent plants. As in, either of the plants you used for crossbreeding a seed can be used to quickly train up the new seed. It's best not to use both because there's a chance that you get another new mutation.

Well, technically the config can be set so you have to train up every new seed on its own, but I don't think anyone does this; they leave it at difficulty setting 2 which allows mutation-parents to pass down stats.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 20, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Speaking of Tinker's Construct I'm having a hell of a time not getting the interface for it to work right in CotT. I put all the special tables and chests and stuff together, adjacent, but I'm not getting the tabs on top that let you navigate from one station to another without tabbing over. Further, I'm getting the pattern chest display on the left side while using the part maker, but instead of clicking on a part to cycle it in I have to manually pick up the pattern and place it in the interface.
This feels like I'm back in the 1.7.10 version and I'm really not liking it. Is there any reason the tables would just not be detecting each other even adjacent? It seemed finnicky in the past but I've never had it just flat out not work like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I also don't see those tabs.

CoTT gives you a lot of viable alternatives to Tinker's Construct. Usually, I bee-line to tinker's tools and weapons early in a modpack. I was drowning in dreadium katanas and super star battleaxes early on in CoTT after building spikes around my home with Ender Hoppers buried underneath. I'm partial to Actually Addition's AIOTs. An Atomic Reconstructor with a Lens of Disenchanting will Transfer an enchantment from a magic item to a blank book for 250k RF. You can repeat this action to convert all of the enchantments on an item to your books. Store your xp in an experience obelisk, and only withdraw the bare minimum needed to transfer an enchantment in the anvil. With this setup, you can just keep migrating your enchantments to the best gear you find. Try for Archaic quality gear.

Armor can be levelled up with the Levels mod, and further upgraded in the (fairly cheap) Imbuement Table from Ars Magica 2. I love having a helmet that keeps my character's food bar at full.

A coke oven will give you coal coke, which can be converted into Solid Fuel and fed into a Steam Dynamo on top of an Aqueous Accumulator. The creosote from the coke oven is a far more efficient fuel than lava, and can be fed into Magmatic Dynamos. Capacitor banks are fairly cheap, so you can slowly save up plenty of RF to enchant whatever you want.

EDIT: Also, tools can be recharged at capacitor banks.

You can enchant your gear with mending, and transfer xp from the experience obelisk to a singularity tank. Use an Xp tap, and take a bath in experience until your gear is repaired.

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 20, 2017