Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I don't think I'm chavvy so I think that makes me a wurzel. Okay.
Do you have a brand new combine harvester?

But seriously, when I was younger, the only people I ever saw drinking cider fit one of those categories, and it's never lost the association for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Isn't that usually an installation problem on window units? They just dribble out the back, and have to be installed with a bit of a slope to the outside. I noted on the one I use in my garage that the fan on the condenser is designed to dip into the condensate and spray it onto the condenser for a little bit more evaporative cooling.

That's what I thought, but when I first noticed the water I tried tilting it a bit more outward. Maint came out with an identical one, and we compared them side by side. The one they gave me the first time had very obviously been dropped. Repeatedly. Quite possibly drop kicked, and likely used to club baby seals to death. Chassis was twisted pretty bad, lots of dents in it, all of the plastic on it was cracked and the chassis was cracked in one spot on the bottom (how the gently caress do you even DO that?!). I'm amazed it worked at all, but I don't handle heat very well; at the time I was just thankful to have it.

It's been running since about 6:30pm, still dry inside, and not much water outside. AFAIK, pretty much any unit since the 90s or so is designed to splash the water over the condenser; less water to drip, and improves efficiency a bit.

Darchangel posted:

That was some ugly stuff they took out.

No kidding. My allergies have been hell since I moved here, all that poo poo that was in the drip pan (which was half slime, half rust) wasn't doing me any favors. Wasn't moving poo poo for air either; the air filter installed at the moment is 6 months old, and barely has any dust on it.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

InitialDave posted:

But seriously, when I was younger, the only people I ever saw drinking cider fit one of those categories, and it's never lost the association for me.

Good cider is delicious.
As is good beer - and hoppy beers rule, sorry to all of you who can't appreciate it ;) But I like good lagers, stouts, gently caress you name it - except bud. Sorry Bud likers, but you have terrible taste. That is the one beer I literally cannot drink - it tastes like my cats litterbox smells.

I also like scotch, caesar's, good rums, wine, port, brandy, and most other alcohols.

I'm also fat as gently caress and cutting back on bad habits, but, hey, nobody is perfect.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The downward spiral continues:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-internet-conservatives-government-a7744176.html

As more and more power and money is concentrated in the hands of a filthy few at the top of society, the surveillance and control of the people continues to get ever more prevalent and invasive.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 19, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

The downward spiral continues:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-internet-conservatives-government-a7744176.html

As more and more power and money is concentrated in the hands of a filthy few at the top of society, the surveillance and control of the people continues to get ever more prevalent and invasive.

God, she really is a harpy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I predict few will care because the majority of people don't give a gently caress or understand what 'an internet' is or why the opportunity to turn it into a closed-off North Korea level service is something the Tories would love to do.

*edit: though part of me wants to believe she's trying to throw away a chance of election simply because the clusterfuck that's Brexit can then be blamed on Labour...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm just spitting poo poo at the wall. I know it'd be expensive. He says it doesn't run and won't have pics til it's light.

Have you considered a 1.8 vvt swap from a nb Miata? Shouldn't be a difficult swap and not that expensive.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Cider and whiskey are good friends. My go-to winter drink of choice is a sweet-tart cider (woodchuck granny smith by choice) with a good glug of Irish whiskey in.

woah when did u become a mod?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

bundaberg ginger beer or Mexican Coca Cola.

Wait, aren't you LDS? I thought you didn't have caffeine either? My (great) Aunt and Uncle were LDS and they drank water, juice and Sanka, and that was it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

beep-beep car is go posted:

Wait, aren't you LDS? I thought you didn't have caffeine either? My (great) Aunt and Uncle were LDS and they drank water, juice and Sanka, and that was it.

As an ex-LDS: There are plenty of hypocrites.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Hahahaha HOLY poo poo

I just started a dialogue with a dude in a local car club, he needs a 4 door car as he is suddenly saddled with being a single dad to two kids. And he has a non running 96 Miata up for trade. So I should absolutely swap the PT for that car right? And then LS Swap the motor?

If it's non running it could be something as simple as a hosed CAS or broken timing belt.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If it's non running it could be something as simple as a hosed CAS or broken timing belt.

Even if the motor is totally lunched, it's WAY more than a fair trade.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Indeed. Miata with no engine is better than fully functional PT Cruiser.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

FUCKKKKKKKKK I passed on the 6 pack because it was $20 and I hadn't heard a single word about it. I guess I'll have to pick one up on my lunch break.

I bought a 2nd 6er since the first was so good. It's got a flavor closer to 2 hearted but the punch of hopslam.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

Indeed. Miata with no engine is better than fully functional PT Cruiser.

Having a mysterious itchy rash on your balls is better than a fully functional PT Cruiser.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Besides being ugly, why does the pt cruiser get so much hate?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mariooncrack posted:

Step back into the 1990s... Neons were lovely, unreliable and poorly designed so that servicing them sucked.

The PT Cruiser is a Neon underneath, with shittier design to make servicing them even suckier, along with poo poo production quality, poo poo materials and poo poo styling.

Other than that, they're okay, I guess.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

mariooncrack posted:

Well, it is a Chrysler product... that was a basically Neon with 700lbs of ugly bodywork bolted on and classified as a light truck for fleet fuel economy reasons. It was supposed to be cool for young adults, but the only people who really liked them were dads who wear knock-off Tommy Bahama shirts from JC Penney. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: The DOHC Neons were kind a cool for their day. They got fat, soft and boring quick though and the early ones all fell apart.

monsterzero fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 19, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
And the PT Cruiser was once a genuinely good piece of exterior design, in the vein of their late Plymouth designs, that Chrysler was too lazy to improve on over the course of a decade. Chrysler's policy of :regd08: and the reluctance to address basic problems with the car for so long got to the point that everyone hated it as much for what it represented as for what it actually was

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I'm a stupid bad person. I accidentally maybe bought an AEM e85 fuel pump and an 02 ECU for my 200k mile 04 wrx with the intention of turning it into a speed density flex fuel car. I practically daily this. Also I'm going to drink tons of IPAs while I do the work so you whiny babies don't have to.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

InitialDave posted:

My father drank himself to death on cheap cider, that is my cider story.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Does anyone in Chicago need a small child? I got stuck babysitting my niece all day and she's... very spirited. And every time I try to color with her, she takes the markers away from me and switches our papers

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

beep-beep car is go posted:

Yes I am, and caffeine is not prohibited, but in the past it was advised against because people can become addicted. I believe it can be addictive for some, all things in moderation etc. Re: your auntie & uncle some people like to interpret a suggestion how they may but it is not a commandment. Tea/Coffee and alcohol are against what is colloquially referred to as the "Word of Wisdom" which is a guideline for a code of health. It is a list of things to do as well as things to abstain from. I personally do live by those tenets and in my 32 years of life have actually never touched alcohol, tobacco or any illegal drugs. Doesn't mean I get all judgey towards those that do either, the way I would hope they don't judge me for choosing to not.

CommieGIR posted:

As an ex-LDS: There are plenty of hypocrites.

This is true, hypocrisy is found inside the LDS faith as well as outside. I think that is one of the great challenges of life is truly learning to love and sincerely care about people regardless of their choices and lifestyle. I actually feel I have learned so much and have grown a lot in that regard over the last few years. Specifically since becoming a father.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Working on cars is addictive, yet was never added to the Words of Wisdom either. I look foreward to new revelation.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

IPAs are the best and the hoppier the better, please give them all to me thanks.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol, I bet they're gonna put a 410 unit in without doing a flush. Or even checking if the line sizes are correct for the new unit, based on previous experiences.

Nailed it. Don't think they did a flush (if they did, they did it before I woke up today - I was asleep when they started), and the lines from the coil had several different sizes of stubs used to hook everything up. :v: One guy did everything solo.

It works though. It works drat good compared to what I had before. I've already had to close off the vent by my desk, and it's dropped the inside temp 13 degrees in a little over an hour. It's a hack job for sure, but it works.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

Does anyone in Chicago need a small child? I got stuck babysitting my niece all day and she's... very spirited. And every time I try to color with her, she takes the markers away from me and switches our papers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDXYzUlv0S8

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I like hoppy IPAs. Also coffee. I also spent quite a while staring at this page assuming LDS was a disease and trying to work out what it was.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm curious how a member of the LDS church finds himself signing up for an account on the something awful dot com forums. :v:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Previa_fun posted:

I'm curious how a member of the LDS church finds himself signing up for an account on the something awful dot com forums. :v:

They like driving internet memes into the ground as well.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Previa_fun posted:

BigPaddy posted:

They like driving internet memes into the ground as well.

did I do it right?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I just have a drive from Tampa to Winter Park, over two and a half hours, just to tell somebody that the hinges on the bin door for their ice machine are rusty.

I might be a bit mad.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
gently caress all y'all and your hoppy beer hate!

drink whatever makes you happy. Do whatever makes you happy

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I predict few will care because the majority of people don't give a gently caress or understand what 'an internet' is or why the opportunity to turn it into a closed-off North Korea level service is something the Tories would love to do.

*edit: though part of me wants to believe she's trying to throw away a chance of election simply because the clusterfuck that's Brexit can then be blamed on Labour...

Oh Lord no, she truly wants all the survellience state. To her 1984 is an operating manual and she has a looooong and terrifying history of wanting to control the Internet exactly like say North Korea.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

did I do it right?

Sup motherfuckers.

Thanks to a childhood spent attempting to be a Good Mormon I had very little exposure to "hot drinks" and no real temptation to try them. In my adult life I have never spent enough effort to actually acquire a taste for alcohol. Cheap beer or expensive, all I taste is the alcohol and all kinds of bitterness.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I wish I'd never developed a taste for alcohol, personally. You're not missing anything particularly good unless you have the self control to never go overboard.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hi I'm Bender. :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

cursedshitbox posted:

Please insert girder?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cursedshitbox posted:

I identify.

Poor Old slothrop. Thought of booze and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Gender bender ;)

• Locked thread