Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, post some Wadaisy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, post some Wadaisy.

Picturing Daisy with a mustache now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wouldn't it just be Waisy?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paisy?

deach?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deak

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Don't summon him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Taint Reaper..

Taint Reaper..

TAINT REAPER!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm still

in a dream

TAINT REAPER

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

:same:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Infinitum posted:

Paisy?

deach?
Holy gently caress I just realized mario:wario::peach:daisy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

If they release GameCube joycons to go along with Gamecube VC, I guarantee they will not be able to sell this console fast enough.

N64 Joycons
SNES Joycons
NES Joycons

Nintendo sell me console themed joycons, I am a massive slut for nostalgia

It wouldn't be specialized JoyCons, it'd be a revised Wavebird Pro Controller. The only thing that'd be changed on the JoyCons is analogue triggers, and if that was going to be the case they'd have put them on from the start like they should've.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
If I have a pro controller and my console joycons, can I play 3 player mario kart with a single console?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Stumiester posted:

If I have a pro controller and my console joycons, can I play 3 player mario kart with a single console?

Yes

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I need to get my hands on this juicy thicc ARMS cart asap.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
forget ARMS when are they going to announce information on the sickest looking game of the year, OCTOPATH TRAVELER

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Awesome! Thank you :)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone else abandoned the PS4 for the Switch for drat near all indie titles?

If it's coming to both I'll 100% choose the Switch. PS4 slowly turning into a AAA only box for me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll depend on the game, I got Tumble Seed for Switch because I knew that'd be something I'll play on the go.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kirios posted:

PS4 slowly turning into a AAA only box for me.

Yup... except if I can get something dirt cheap on PS4. I am not paying full MSRP for Jackbox Party Pack on the switch when it's on sale for $5 on PSN.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The best thing they could possibly do is make a TTYD HD remake on Switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nintendo: White skin good, dark skin trash.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
You guys, I'm waiting at the dmv while playing Mario Kart. I think the Switch might be...good???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are you having a Switch Party like in the commercials or like those goons mentioned

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well you paid a bunch of money for it so I think it's a bias opinion.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

RoboCicero posted:

forget ARMS when are they going to announce information on the sickest looking game of the year, OCTOPATH TRAVELER

I'm happy to announce that Octopath Traveller now has a release window. Winter 2014

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DalaranJ posted:

I'm happy to announce that Octopath Traveller now has a release window. Winter 2014

So I need a time machine and have to take my Nintendo Switch to the past to play this game since it has been taken down in the present?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Nintendo: White skin good, dark skin trash.

Yes, that's an official image from Nintendo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

kidcoelacanth posted:

The best thing they could possibly do is make a TTYD HD remake on Switch

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is most likely getting a remake on 3DS so I could see this happening.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kirios posted:

Has anyone else abandoned the PS4 for the Switch for drat near all indie titles?

Oh hell yeah. A game would have to be ported to Switch really badly to make me pick up the PS4 version instead. Indies tend to work great for mobile play.

What happened to Shakedown Hawaii? Wasn't that supposed to be an April release?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Lakbay posted:

Are you having a Switch Party like in the commercials or like those goons mentioned

Nah just doing mirror mode GP by myself, gotta get stars on all of em.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

My friends and I swapped off playing Mario Kart and performing kareoke at a bar last night. Smart steering really is a godsend if you wanna play games with your friends who are not great at games and also drunk.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Derek Yu once again expressed interest in bringing "something" to Seotch due to all the fervor for Spelunky, for what it's worth re: indies.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Kirios posted:

If it's coming to both I'll 100% choose the Switch. PS4 slowly turning into a AAA only box for me.

Nah. PSN takes Amex and Nintendo doesn't. Plus I don't see evidence so far to suggest that Nintendo will match Sony's sales yet. It's early going, so I'm waiting it out.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Theres really no good reason that there shouldn't be a version of spelunky on every new console from now until the end of time

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Overbite posted:

Thanks for the tips. My router doesn't do 5ghz but I can change the channels, which I did, and that didn't help any either. To use a wired connection I'd have to have a cable running out of one room and down a hallway into the room where the switch is and I'd rather not but it seems to be my only option.

Buy a better router?

:shrug:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I had a ton of wifi problems in the first few weeks of the Switch. Like, it wouldn't work unless it was in a very specific position near my TV. After a few system updates and resets, though, it went away and now I have no problem finding a good wifi signal wherever I am in my house. So maybe there are a few lingering issues on the system itself? Try restarting like 5 times.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
According to the signal strength meter, my Switch gets a fairly weak signal even if it's like next to the Router. On the other hand, I haven't noticed any problems while playing online, so

that might be a UI bug.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Can I charge the Switch using the USB A-to-C that came with the Pro controller, or will it light my Switch on fire?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

Can I charge the Switch using the USB A-to-C that came with the Pro controller, or will it light my Switch on fire?

Yes it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Yes it's fine

Can I charge the Switch using Doc Brown's rigging from the climax of Back to the Future?

• Locked thread