Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Life is... Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

2 Life 2 Strange
Life is 2trange
LiS 2: On Stranger Lives
Life is Strange One

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I have the broked brain, I can't play Dark Souls 3 without constantly thinking about starting a new Bloodborne playthrough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

I have the broked brain, I can't play Dark Souls 3 without constantly thinking about starting a new Bloodborne playthrough

That's very reasonable since BB is a lot better than DS3

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

KingSlime posted:

I think diving into SMTIV might also be my way of preparing for that upcoming 3ds strange journey remake, that game always intrigued the poo poo out of me but I never got around to actually playing it for more than a few minutes.

SMTIV owns and SMTIV Apocalypse owns even more, make sure to check it out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My PC's monitor suddenly died in spectacular fashion last night, just exactly when I decided I wanted to do some PC gaming soon.

So that's pretty cool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Life is Strange 2: Death is Certain

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I was gonna play the new fire emblem today but I forgot my 3ds :nyoron:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
consensus seems to be that it's good yeah?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I imagine that Square would probably not want Life is Strange to be episodic if they poo poo canned IO for Hitman's failure

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I imagine that Square would probably not want Life is Strange to be episodic if they poo poo canned IO for Hitman's failure

Unless someone up top is convinced that Hitman's astoundingly low sales were directly caused by being episodic I don't really think that's an issue.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

True, and releasing this one as one game might help them plan things out a little better as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello Games Chat Thread, how is everyone doing today?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Square doesn't own Dontnod so maybe they have less leverage. Dontnod is already getting someone else to publish the vampire game too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

KingSlime posted:

E: and now everyone is talking about this dead cells game that sounds like an awesome castlevania rouge-lite, but it's in early access so I guess I'll wait til it's done because early access is not my jam

I grabbed it against better judgment because typically I don't like roguelike anything and the last time somebody tried to sell me on "castlevania roguelite" was Rogue Legacy which I hated, but Dead Cells has been pretty fun so far.

I dunno if it was the weapon I was using (since there's explicitly a blood sword and it was what I was using when I noticed this) but it looks like they adopted the rally system from Bloodborne and it makes it pretty great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Larryb posted:

True, and releasing this one as one game might help them plan things out a little better as well.

The whole story was written and conceived from the beginning, although the episodic format did help them to make some minor adjustments to gameplay and dialogue along the way. Releasing the episodes one at a time was very successful at helping word of mouth spread, I don't see why Dontnod would part with it. Life is Strange isn't an expensive game to make in the same way that Hitman was.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm going to a stranger's house to play a tabletop RPG where all the players are skeletons

It sounds like a serious setting so I must refrain from groan worthy boner puns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

I've got a squirrel in my attic. Again.

He keeps getting all the bait out of the trap I keep setting without tripping it at all, he's basically the Jerry to my Tom, and has set up a nest above my bed area somewhere in the crawlspace, so I get to hear him occasionally scream because did you know squirrels like to scream? because they do.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lakbay posted:

I'm going to a stranger's house to play a tabletop RPG where all the players are skeletons

don't play serious tabletop games where you can't make jokes

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Life Is Still Stranger After All These Years

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lakbay posted:

But how can they *not* allow skelly jokes in a skelly tabeltop game???
You should be allowed to be :yohoho:ing it up at any time imo (though don't overdo it)

Captain Invictus posted:

I've got a squirrel in my attic. Again.

He keeps getting all the bait out of the trap I keep setting without tripping it at all, he's basically the Jerry to my Tom, and has set up a nest above my bed area somewhere in the crawlspace, so I get to hear him occasionally scream because did you know squirrels like to scream? because they do.

I'm sorry about your squirrel problem. I've had issues like that in the past, not with squirrels but I remember there being raccoons in the attic when I was younger and we had to get an animal control person to get them out. I don't suppose that's an option for you with the squirrel, is it?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean I don't think Square jettisoning Hitman has any bearing, the news of a LiS sequel came on the back of it having 3 million players, which is approaching Absolution's numbers iirc.

I think I made a joke about FFVII while the Hitman news was coming out but forgot about Life is Strange at the time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stranger Lifes

*synth hit*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Life is Strange, a game that takes 15 hours to complete and was finished almost two years ago, still has more concurrent players on Steam than Battleborn.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

But how can they *not* allow skelly jokes in a skelly tabeltop game???
You should be allowed to be :yohoho:ing it up at any time imo (though don't overdo it)

I've played with these people before so I'm sure it'll be fine but the premise given by the game makers that our host posted sounded serious tone wise.

Going to make bone jokes anyways because skeletons are hard to take seriously in any setting

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I've played with these people before so I'm sure it'll be fine but the premise given by the game makers that our host posted sounded serious tone wise.

Going to make bone jokes anyways because skeletons are hard to take seriously in any setting

"Hey, I know we're all just a bunch of bones around here, but you know who really got boned? The American public when our government faked 9/11. Am I right, skellas?"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange, a game that takes 15 hours to complete and was finished almost two years ago, still has more concurrent players on Steam than Battleborn.

the numbers are probably inflated right now because of the sequel announcement but still, lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Pretty good. I saw the new Alien movie last night, and it was thoroughly "ok." Played a bunch of Titanfall 2 and now anticipating a big multiplayer game of Stellaris that a goon friend is planning for Memorial Day weekend.

How are you?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm sorry about your squirrel problem. I've had issues like that in the past, not with squirrels but I remember there being raccoons in the attic when I was younger and we had to get an animal control person to get them out. I don't suppose that's an option for you with the squirrel, is it?
Nah, I just catch and kill them, I've gotten rid of at least 40 of them over the years. Doesn't matter how many I kill or how often we fix the entry points, they just find or make a new way in. Not even fox urine deterrent stops these ones, and they grow up to five pounds and a foot long. They're also not afraid of people. This one is the first in a while to give me so much trouble though. I bought an owl mimic that moved and hooted, and they tore it's head off. They're kind of horrible, adorable (adhorrible?) little bastards.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
guitar hero live

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nah, guitar hero dead

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is having to kill dozens of squirrels a standard thing in the US

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean you could easily do so if you wanted i guess but i wouldn't call it standard

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are you sure those are squirrels? 1 foot and 5 pounds is the size of a small cat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

really it would be more standard if instead of traps and chemicals and whatnot he just bought himself a high powered shotgun and started blasting holes in his attic like elmer fudd

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Help Im Alive posted:

Is having to kill dozens of squirrels a standard thing in the US

Some people get mice. Some people get rats, or roaches. Unfortunately, I get squirrels.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just call him Boris and get him a moose.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i read Life is Strange i hear the little intro to people are strange

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Don't buy steam games from Invictus, I just purchased Prey from him and it's covered with small bite marks and squirrel droppings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

Just call him Boris and get him a moose.

quoting this incredibly embarrassing gaffe

• Locked thread