Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
I'm assuming that Sim Settlements and Horizon are just gonna poo poo all over each other, aren't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

boneration posted:

I'm assuming that Sim Settlements and Horizon are just gonna poo poo all over each other, aren't they.

No horizon fully supports SS, and even changes some of the crafting requirements. Like you need fertilizer for farm plots now.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Phrosphor posted:

No horizon fully supports SS, and even changes some of the crafting requirements. Like you need fertilizer for farm plots now.

No poo poo? Well then I guess I'm restarting my Horizon playthru, thanks.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

boneration posted:

No poo poo? Well then I guess I'm restarting my Horizon playthru, thanks.

From the huge Horizon features page:

quote:

Currently, the mod has optional compatibility/balance patches for:
Homemaker (included)
Armorsmith Extended (included)
Crossbows of the Commonwealth
Raider Overhaul
Sim Settlements
(I may attempt to add compatibility patches for more mods in the future if time allows)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The horizon author really loves sim settlements too apparently and wants to embrace it more

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Sim Settlements is so loving good. What needs to happen next is an add-on which provides residential plots to replace all of the Sanctuary homes. Can you imagine? After all that time with Sturges hammering away on walls and poo poo, the buildings actually improve over time?

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
Do you need to start a new game to use Sim Settlements?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

horse mans posted:

Sim Settlements is so loving good. What needs to happen next is an add-on which provides residential plots to replace all of the Sanctuary homes. Can you imagine? After all that time with Sturges hammering away on walls and poo poo, the buildings actually improve over time?

I really wish Bethesda had gone back and put in the effort for Sanctuary that they put into the new DLC homesteads. The nasty-rear end clutter and debris in those goes away whenever you scrap the nearby scrappable items, and then things look nice and clean again.

I'm really enjoying my Horizon playthrough (and I haven't had any issues with it and Sim Settlements) but dear lord I caved and installed one of those mods that reenables fast travel in survival mode. Who's got the time to deal with walking from Sanctuary to Tenpines to Corvega to Tenpines to Sanctuary?

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
At some point in Horizon you can set up a caravan fast travel system between your settlements for a sort of survival fast-travel-lite but who's got time for that when i only get to play a couple hours a week? Admittedly hiking from one end of the commonwealth to the other isn't so bad in Horizon after unlocking some slots for the alpha wrist device (except for finding a decent bed to sleep/save but i'm sure there's a mod for that too).

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cool and silly mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLfU3ygg-s

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24159/

staberind posted:

why : bethesda, i guess its similar to those meshes you found with meaningless extra tri's.

delta534 posted:

My best is that the game is not actually using the optimized pregened LOD files and is issuing a draw call for each distant object. Why the engine is doing this I have no idea beyond a setting you've changed in the ini or some mod you're using is mucking up the engine.

Actually, it turned out to be the water settings and material introduced by NAC, and maybe some other issues as well. Replacing the NAC ocean water values with the vanilla ones fixed it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've been waiting for Sim Settlements to develop a little bit before I restart my game, but how hard is it to get NAC looking good? I usually only do a weather enhancement mod and avoid ones that play with color balance, etc. Is the revamped interior lighting part of NAC?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dick Trauma posted:

I've been waiting for Sim Settlements to develop a little bit before I restart my game, but how hard is it to get NAC looking good? I usually only do a weather enhancement mod and avoid ones that play with color balance, etc. Is the revamped interior lighting part of NAC?

NAC can be pretty simple. It includes a number of presets you can apply, and you can also tweak a large number of individual graphical elements with or without any preset applied. NAI is the interior patch, which is optional.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DXH posted:

At some point in Horizon you can set up a caravan fast travel system between your settlements for a sort of survival fast-travel-lite but who's got time for that when i only get to play a couple hours a week? Admittedly hiking from one end of the commonwealth to the other isn't so bad in Horizon after unlocking some slots for the alpha wrist device (except for finding a decent bed to sleep/save but i'm sure there's a mod for that too).

You can deploy a cargo bot to haul all your poo poo home remotely (home meaning anywhere since you build shared storage including for weapons) and can craft a save item. The focus is more on having a few really nice settlements it feels; I only hike back to the early settlements to strip settlers to send to my handful of real places.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chronojam posted:

I only hike back to the early settlements to strip settlers to send to my handful of real places.

"This settler cannot be moved!"

Tenpines bluff is under attack

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope

TheTrend posted:

Hey guys I'm starting a new play through and armor smith extended seems to keep glitching out on me. When I use the bench and select an item to build it won't let me back out and hard locks the UI. I can still see my dude moving around in the background, and the game hasn't crashed. The menu just stops working. I have the AKWC or whatever as well as mo2. Any ideas? If you need more info I can probably take some screens.

I have had this problem occasionally, the way to get out of it is to console quick travel anywhere. to stop or minimize it occurring wait for the armour preview in the middle of the screen to load before entering its modification options.

blackcat12951 fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 22, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Prop Wash posted:

I really wish Bethesda had gone back and put in the effort for Sanctuary that they put into the new DLC homesteads. The nasty-rear end clutter and debris in those goes away whenever you scrap the nearby scrappable items, and then things look nice and clean again.

I'm really enjoying my Horizon playthrough (and I haven't had any issues with it and Sim Settlements) but dear lord I caved and installed one of those mods that reenables fast travel in survival mode. Who's got the time to deal with walking from Sanctuary to Tenpines to Corvega to Tenpines to Sanctuary?

I suggest Immersive Fast Travel if you'd like an alternate settlement-to-settlement traveller that has a cost (in oil).

Still got to get to civilization to use it though, and enabling fast travel is good for other things like fast traveling to where you currently are if the LOD that includes the actual doors hasn't loaded in yet.

Dick Trauma posted:

Sim Settlements has got industrial add-ons that produce water, power, ammo, and tunable types of scrap, a tool that lets you select which plot you want, and no longer conflicts with any vanilla assignable roles like guards or (I think) provisioners, though check your supply lines on that last one to make sure.

It's got room to grow, sure, but it's significantly more functionality than curiosity at this point.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

Cool and silly mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLfU3ygg-s

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24159/

Actually, it turned out to be the water settings and material introduced by NAC, and maybe some other issues as well. Replacing the NAC ocean water values with the vanilla ones fixed it.

I tried that and it made everything even more hallucigenic with nac whiting out with glowing ghouls. (which I think is cool.)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24324/

Hey, a heavy plasma caster

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hey the third screenshot.

:facepalm:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

Hey the third screenshot.

:facepalm:

I just assume every screenshot for every mod will be a nearly naked woman until I am proven otherwise.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's one thing when it's a user submitted screenshot, but in the author's ones? Tsk tsk.

I wish mod authors didn't have such an aversion so uploading first person screenshots of the weapon. Most of the weapons I've downloaded look great in first person and there was clearly work put into making them look nice yet none of the mod authors are willing to show off the view that most people will be seeing for a lot of the game.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aniviron posted:

It's one thing when it's a user submitted screenshot, but in the author's ones? Tsk tsk.

But it totally happens all the time.

In unrelated news.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24343/

Hey, this power armor is a train.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

I just assume every screenshot for every mod will be a nearly naked woman until I am proven otherwise.

The modifications to make the female models look like homunculi that are 50% tits and rear end are loving weird.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
"Uploaded by trainwiz"

Yup, checks out.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

But it totally happens all the time.

In unrelated news.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24343/

Hey, this power armor is a train.

Power Armor as a vehicle was the best drat idea ever and Power Armor mods are dumb and good.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HitTheTargets posted:

"Uploaded by trainwiz"

Yup, checks out.

I actually missed that somehow.

But today is a good day for mods, because guess what!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24344/

I SPEAK JAPANESE ONLY

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

I actually missed that somehow.

But today is a good day for mods, because guess what!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24344/

I SPEAK JAPANESE ONLY

"I SPEAK JAPANESE ONLY" may be the best phrase in the entire English language, at least when it pertains to Fallout.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Bah, another week and I am still annoyed we still don't have a classic looking Gauss Rifle weapon yet. Is it ever going to come? are people really satisified with the default one? It is ugly as sin.

Lagrie Outfit Collection is an interesting collection of semi original lore friendly outfits that project a certain uniqueness still for character roleplay. He's got four completed sets and working on
more!

DWT mini Mega Merchants is yet another interesting lore friendly improvised in game models and meshes outfit mash up mod. Check it out if you want to get your Mad Max on!

If you liked the weird grizzled merc trader look of Tough Traveler, He's updated the outfit now and it better than ever with Tough Traveller Outfit 2.0! Now female characters can wear it.

PPP Random Plant placement gives you a choice to randomise your planted established plants in your settlements.

A lore fix for you, If you ever hated how cramped and oddly badly organised the crew parts of the Prydwen currently looks in game, download this A Sensible Prydwen Overhaul. It basically changes the layout to a more organised mess.

A Better Behemoth basically reskins and tweaks the model of that NPC to look a lot better than it currently is in game.

Miss seeing the cripple system hurt and annoy NPC's as much as it does to you and the tactical edge that came with it? Realistic Crippled Limb Effects basically forces them to adapt to suddenly losing a limb. This mod also makes it so now most NPC's go down to the ground when you take out a limb instead of just a handful. Combine this with the return of the UI cripple message that tells you said NPC is hobbling about whilst your trying to not die and good times had by mostly all.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Bah, another week and I am still annoyed we still don't have a classic looking Gauss Rifle weapon yet. Is it ever going to come? are people really satisified with the default one? It is ugly as sin.

It's something I've been thinking about, I'm still learning the kinds of skills needed to make a slick high poly model for something like the GR. Even then I wouldn't know where to begin animating it though. The only question is if it'd be the FO3 one based on the Lahti or the M72 from FO2. The FO3 one definitely looks better, but it has its own problems- while I like the idea of having it be single shot per reload like was implemented in FO3 with higher damage than the vanilla GR to compensate, I feel like that'd make it pretty uncompetitive with the FO4 GR and it also leaves you with the big dumb useless magazine on the side of the weapon that did nothing in FO3 as well. Compounded is the fact that the original bolt action animations involved replacing a MFC, but now GRs are back to running on 2mm EC, so there would have to be some model changes.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Also, yes, the old gauss rifles looked stupid as hell and the 'old style' versions modders made for FO3 and FNV all looked even dumber.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

aniviron posted:

It's something I've been thinking about, I'm still learning the kinds of skills needed to make a slick high poly model for something like the GR. Even then I wouldn't know where to begin animating it though. The only question is if it'd be the FO3 one based on the Lahti or the M72 from FO2. The FO3 one definitely looks better, but it has its own problems- while I like the idea of having it be single shot per reload like was implemented in FO3 with higher damage than the vanilla GR to compensate, I feel like that'd make it pretty uncompetitive with the FO4 GR and it also leaves you with the big dumb useless magazine on the side of the weapon that did nothing in FO3 as well. Compounded is the fact that the original bolt action animations involved replacing a MFC, but now GRs are back to running on 2mm EC, so there would have to be some model changes.

You could always combine the two styles. STALKER has a gauss rifle that looks like a mix between the two older Fallout ones.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah that thought occurred to me but the STALKER gauss rifle always looked really janky to me. I was never sure if it was because of the design concept or CGC's inability to model attractive guns though.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

With NAC, is it supposed to leave a couple entries in your Miscellaneous quests list? Is there any way to get rid of them?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gilg posted:

With NAC, is it supposed to leave a couple entries in your Miscellaneous quests list? Is there any way to get rid of them?

There's an insane number of quests running in the game at any time, and it wouldn't surprise me if NAC used a lot of them. You could probably look them up in the NAC esm and change their visibility.

aniviron posted:

Yeah that thought occurred to me but the STALKER gauss rifle always looked really janky to me. I was never sure if it was because of the design concept or CGC's inability to model attractive guns though.

It's just CGC, I think. Here's the Gunslinger remake:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If you could run it through some sort of retro futuristic filter that adds wooden furniture I'd think the bottom one would be a nice base for a more classic pre-war/enclave prototype GR yeah.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Then it's pretty much just an M72.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

The modifications to make the female models look like homunculi that are 50% tits and rear end are loving weird.

so, 110% T&A would be peak nexus : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24155/

:nms: :nws:

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 22, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
:stare:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That isn't a woman that's a gekko from MGS4 with tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Why the gently caress is AWKCR changing reginald's suit from a badass look to a generic tux? Apparently it's not even a bug, it's the author going 'gently caress you'.