Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kumail really has the most perfect mellow voice this side of Lorenzo Music, but I don't think he'd be clear over the movies' own sound, plus his delivery is even slower than Joel's at his stoneriest/sleepiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

business hammocks posted:

Kumail really has the most perfect mellow voice this side of Lorenzo Music, but I don't think he'd be clear over the movies' own sound, plus his delivery is even slower than Joel's at his stoneriest/sleepiest.

It's funny, Joel being sleepy-eyed, stonery and having a relaxed delivery is definitely his style, but I still think Mike had a slower delivery in the theater. His really low-key, mellow riffs are one of the few things that I sort of miss, because Jonah's "kid next store who came over to play with the bots" thing means that his pace is as frantic and manic as them. Corbett talks about how when they're writing riffs, everyone except Mike just yells out lots and lots of jokes per minute, while Mike kind of waits silently and tries to find a really good one, which I think is reflected in his delivery.

Still love the new show, though. They all seem like buddies trying to one-up each other and it's a joy to watch.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I pre-emptively apologize if this has already come up, because I'm like 600 posts behind and gently caress trying to go back through a million pages of discussion.

There's going to be a release of the complete Cinematic Titanic on DVD in August. I just preordered mine from Amazon, and you can do the same:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HGJK3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ferret posted:

To be honest, I was most concerned from Patton at the get go.

For me it was Felicia Day. I didn't dislike her, but found most of her projects kind of mediocre but she's awesome as Kinga and plays off Oswalt amazingly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

business hammocks posted:

He can turn it up a little in some cases. Like in Mass Effect where he manages to come off like the smuggest bureaucrat this side of Dickless from Ghostbusters. (To bring things back to Lorenzo Music in a roundabout way)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mokinokaro posted:

For me it was Felicia Day. I didn't dislike her, but found most of her projects kind of mediocre but she's awesome as Kinga and plays off Oswalt amazingly.

Remember that Dragon Age Web show? Lolol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gaz-L posted:

He can turn it up a little in some cases. Like in Mass Effect where he manages to come off like the smuggest bureaucrat this side of Dickless from Ghostbusters. (To bring things back to Lorenzo Music in a roundabout way)

Not to mention when he gets angry or frustrated on Silicon Valley. Kumail can be just as loud or sarcastic as Jonah, but he has this underlying snide sassiness that would have been really fun to hear in MST3K. I doubt he was ever asked or in the running, but he's a fun What-If.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anyone else getting "Gizmonic Gear" tickets? It's only $102 for the Atlanta show and they throw in a poster, tote bag, and lanyard.

Trying to decide if I should wait for the public pre-sale on Friday, but $102 for being in the 4th row seems like a steal.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Egbert Souse posted:

Anyone else getting "Gizmonic Gear" tickets? It's only $102 for the Atlanta show and they throw in a poster, tote bag, and lanyard.

Trying to decide if I should wait for the public pre-sale on Friday, but $102 for being in the 4th row seems like a steal.

I was going to, but I'm going with a bunch of friends who can't quite afford the Gizmonic Gear tickets. But I did buy tickets to both movies in Seattle. Can't wait!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's a lotta sawbucks for one o' them there picture shows!

...I'll allow it.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Everything Counts posted:

Make sure you're using the code from the email. I was only seeing $99 seats until I entered it, then it opened up some much more reasonable options.

How, exactly? For the Atlanta dates (closest to me) it directs to Ticket Master, and I don't see where to enter a code.

edit: After trying everything I could think of, I went to another date's Ticket Master page--Washington's--and the "Enter Code" box that wasn't on the Atlanta page was there. Entered the code and prices dropped to my range, except that's the other side of the country. I think the Atlanta venue may be denying the backer discount? drat it.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 17, 2017

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Terra-da-loo! posted:

How, exactly? For the Atlanta dates (closest to me) it directs to Ticket Master, and I don't see where to enter a code.

edit: After trying everything I could think of, I went to another date's Ticket Master page--Washington's--and the "Enter Code" box that wasn't on the Atlanta page was there. Entered the code and prices dropped to my range, except that's the other side of the country. I think the Atlanta venue may be denying the backer discount? drat it.

Maybe worth writing in to Mst3k.com or tweeting Joel about it.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

ja2ke posted:

Maybe worth writing in to Mst3k.com or tweeting Joel about it.

Done both at this point and just waiting for some response. What's super lovely is that TicketMaster's offering the prices we need for the dates, now, but it's an AmEx presale and that's not the card I use. LET ME PAY YOU, TICKETMASTER.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nobody in Boston has seemed interested in going so far, so I think I'm just buying a cheaper seats ticket for myself tomorrow.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wait, gently caress... I missed the AmEx pre-sale and now I'm worried that the show is already sold out in Boston. Goddamn it.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I'm planning on grabbing tickets tomorrow for the Vancouver show, should I be aiming for as far forward and to the right as possible? They'll be sitting in the front row right? I haven't been to one of these before.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

no broccoli please posted:

I'm planning on grabbing tickets tomorrow for the Vancouver show, should I be aiming for as far forward and to the right as possible? They'll be sitting in the front row right? I haven't been to one of these before.

When RiffTrax does live shows they u sually they have podiums set to one side of the screen or the other. I imagine this would be similar. Given that it would be real hard to do any visual gags in a live venue I expect it will just be straight riffing.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

flosofl posted:

When RiffTrax does live shows they u sually they have podiums set to one side of the screen or the other. I imagine this would be similar. Given that it would be real hard to do any visual gags in a live venue I expect it will just be straight riffing.

In the couple of live shows they did in the 90s they actually built the silhouette seats and put them up on stage in front of the screen. You can see some footage from it in the MST Scrapbook video (which is on YouTube in a bunch of parts). Who knows if that will happen again but it looked good on the tape.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I assumed the live shows were going to be setup like cinematic titanic with 5 trillion people onstage so i decided not to buy tickets. will suck if it ends up only being 3 people and i miss out now lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rewatching Cry Wilderness, and it's amazing how the entire movie is scored like a horror movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

2DCAT posted:

I assumed the live shows were going to be setup like cinematic titanic with 5 trillion people onstage so i decided not to buy tickets. will suck if it ends up only being 3 people and i miss out now lol

I'd love to see a parody of Cinematic Titanic where there's like two hundred people jostling and yelling

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Public tickets are up! Got mine for both Atlanta shows.

I'm so excited it makes me want to throw hard candy at people!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hell yeah! I got my Boston tickets and even managed to get a friend to go. Wish I could have signed up for the mystery movie, but it should be a blast to watch the new cast tear through Eegah.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'd love to see a parody of Cinematic Titanic where there's like two hundred people jostling and yelling

Done that. My college's unifying experience was studying the Iliad as the first thing in Freshman Humanities, and we all took over a theater for the midnight showing of Troy. It was a circus, I feel bad for the 10 or so normal folks who were there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Done that. My college's unifying experience was studying the Iliad as the first thing in Freshman Humanities, and we all took over a theater for the midnight showing of Troy. It was a circus, I feel bad for the 10 or so normal folks who were there.

The gaming store where I went to college rented out an entire theater purely so that classics and history nerds could do this. Everyone was there for the same reason, so it was a pretty grand time; nobody went in with the expectation of quietly watching a movie. I remember one woman yelled out, gasping, "Whoa! There are people in the horse!" that got a drat good laugh out of everybody.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I went along with my girlfriend's fellow Geology grad students to watch the Core...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Rewatching Cry Wilderness, and

BANG!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I went along with my girlfriend's fellow Geology grad students to watch the Core...

My parents are both geologists and they love terrible geology disaster movies, Dante's Peak. In no small part because almost without fail the geologist is the hero that nobody pays any attention to until it's too late.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

howe_sam posted:

My parents are both geologists and they love terrible geology disaster movies, Dante's Peak. In no small part because almost without fail the geologist is the hero that nobody pays any attention to until it's too late.

Show them Avalanche then.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

:Jim laughs maniacally:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

At least they didn't change from geology to mineralogy at the graduate level.

No on is going to get this but it's from one of the worst written and probably acted scenes ever.

Edit: gently caress It was anthropology. NVM. I was off my game.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 19, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Christmas That Almost Wasn't :stare:

Not only one of the funniest episodes this season, this has to be one of the worst movies they've done.

I love how they mocked that bizarre slide show scene in the last segment.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My geologist dad loves The Core, and thinks it's one of the funniest movies ever made (it is).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I was a geo major and had a lot of acquaintances in different STEM areas throughout the late 90s-2000s, sci-nerd riffing was something approaching the professional pastime during that wave of mega-disaster movies. It was magnificent. A double billing of The Core and The Day After Tomorrow almost killed my friends.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I love it when Things Started By Midwesterners go on tour because the tour list will then be a grand sweep of the Midwest with, fine, some stuff on the coasts, I guess. Just bought tickets for STL and I am feeling pretty good about my morning. And I never saw the Eegah! episode so this will be a new and magical experience all over.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I forgot tickets for the Kansas City show went on sale two days ago. Still ended up with pretty decent seats, though. :toot:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

McSpanky posted:

I was a geo major and had a lot of acquaintances in different STEM areas throughout the late 90s-2000s, sci-nerd riffing was something approaching the professional pastime during that wave of mega-disaster movies. It was magnificent. A double billing of The Core and The Day After Tomorrow almost killed my friends.

The Core is a perfect storm of magical dumbness, it's really wonderful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

McSpanky posted:

Yeah, after the Core the gf and I did Day After Tomorrow and 2012 with the geology crew.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Finally got to Carnival Magic, and it's the weirdest loving thing I've ever seen. Holy poo poo, I don't know where to even begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Carnival Magic was the closest thing they got to a Manos this season. The attempted chimpanzee suicide towards the end really won me over.