Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If you pickpocket you don't know what you'll get but yeah only fence green or higher. For getting the hang of things Orsinium really is great, NPC are rarely bunched up, decent amount of boxes to open, very few guards and easy to get around in. The best places are fairly heavily farmed during peak hours so you want to keep an eye out for alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

MF_James posted:

I take everything and just sell once I'm full until I hit my limit.

Also, I can probably get people into a decent trade guild, we've had a vendor in grahtwood for a long time, probably 6+ months and I think there are slots opening every week due to inactives getting kicked. Anything worth selling gets sold within a day or two. They run 2 weekly raffles one that costs 25k per ticket (I think it's 25k) to get into and one that is 2k per ticket, multiple prizes for the 2k. If you don't want to do raffles the weekly donation is like 500 or 1k I forget which. They also do prizes for best seller like giving back guild tax etc.

Also, they're not nazis about selling stuff, as long as you donate or buy a ticket to the 2k raffle every week they won't kick you.

Would like this. The only one I have been able to get in to so far is a tiny Daggerfall one, which is sloooow going. (@plasticbee/Joie)

I do wish the trade system was better. I get the reason for the restrictive system but its not (IMHO) working well and just frustrates people.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bonapartisan posted:

Would like this. The only one I have been able to get in to so far is a tiny Daggerfall one, which is sloooow going. (@plasticbee/Joie)

I do wish the trade system was better. I get the reason for the restrictive system but its not (IMHO) working well and just frustrates people.

Alright, I'll try to hop on tonight and see if I can get you a slot, I'm @jstuart00, maybe send me an in-game message or something because my memory is loving awful and it's also likely I won't log on until later in the week anyway.

HolyCarp
Jan 21, 2004
Glub.
Could I please get an invite to the goon guild? @Crodhmac

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It's weird to me that 2H weapons don't count as 2 items for a set bonus when if you dual wield or use Sword and board you essentially get an extra item to make your set bonuses. I mean this isn't the first game to do this but its still weird to me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

BadLlama posted:

It's weird to me that 2H weapons don't count as 2 items for a set bonus when if you dual wield or use Sword and board you essentially get an extra item to make your set bonuses. I mean this isn't the first game to do this but its still weird to me.

This is a huge reason why 2hander falls flat for dps, you lose out on a 5-pc bonus when you have monster set, and honestly it's a huge short-coming. Had they not added monster sets, it probably wouldn't be a huge deal.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I also recommend Savage Blade. They move traders around everywhere but they seem to get good spots and they only have a 20 day activity limit. As long as you log in every 20 days you're good.

Im an officer in spicy economics, we're a deshaan vendor staple, and I can invite but our weekly min just jumped to 20k. If you got your economy running right or you can afford to pay 20k a week i'd be happy to invite goons. I made at least 900k last week just following our gms advice. I also spent it all as i pvp and we cant have nice things.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

sluggo is mad posted:

Im an officer in spicy economics, we're a deshaan vendor staple, and I can invite but our weekly min just jumped to 20k. If you got your economy running right or you can afford to pay 20k a week i'd be happy to invite goons. I made at least 900k last week just following our gms advice. I also spent it all as i pvp and we cant have nice things.

Maybe as I get into Morrowind, can't afford it right now since I don't play much... But for anyone else that is reading and can afford it, I couldn't possibly recommend Spicy Economics enough. Those guys know how to make you money. Being in that guild is like having inside tips on Wall Street.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Maybe as I get into Morrowind, can't afford it right now since I don't play much... But for anyone else that is reading and can afford it, I couldn't possibly recommend Spicy Economics enough. Those guys know how to make you money. Being in that guild is like having inside tips on Wall Street.

I don't even know how I'd make 20k a week... lord.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

I don't even know how I'd make 20k a week... lord.

20K is low for a good trading guild. One of the ones I was in had a 400K minimum.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Seriously? You need more stealing alts. I estimate I make something like half a million a week and that's from just maxing out one character which takes like 30 minutes a day and picking up whatever I can find but not sweating it when I play another. Making money is fairly easy if not always convenient.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Morglon posted:

Seriously? You need more stealing alts. I estimate I make something like half a million a week and that's from just maxing out one character which takes like 30 minutes a day and picking up whatever I can find but not sweating it when I play another. Making money is fairly easy if not always convenient.

I think I just dick around too much, I've never really put too much thought in trying to make scads of money.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Morglon posted:

100gold * 100 pieces a day * 5 characters * 7 days = 350,000

So assuming you only sell items of 100gold and sell 100 peices a day on each of 5 characters thats 350,000. I still don't understand how people bring in tons of money just grabbing everything and selling it. I guess if you have what fencing maxed you can sell 200 items a day?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BadLlama posted:

100gold * 100 pieces a day * 5 characters * 7 days = 350,000

So assuming you only sell items of 100gold and sell 100 peices a day on each of 5 characters thats 350,000. I still don't understand how people bring in tons of money just grabbing everything and selling it. I guess if you have what fencing maxed you can sell 200 items a day?

You're not factoring in the passives from TG that increase the value of fenced goods, and also not maximizing the amount of fenced goods.

110gold * 140 slots * 5 characters * 7 days = ~540k gold a week.

Even with just 1 thief you're hitting 100k per week if you're on the ball about stealing.

E: Even just doing PvE is a net gain if you loot all the trash. Sell the junk/non-purple non-CP160 jewelry/health potions and you can at least make 10-20k every 30 minutes.

E2: Point is, it's very easy to make money in this game if you know where to look. You don't have to be a legendary trading shitlord like JackBadass to make tons of money.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 17, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Scyantific posted:

E: Even just doing PvE is a net gain if you loot all the trash. Sell the junk/non-purple non-CP160 jewelry/health potions and you can at least make 10-20k every 30 minutes.

Yeah I sell most of my jewelry/potions/trash when doing PVE and make okay money. Suppose I should start trying to at least mix in a full theft run once a day for the time being.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
For pve, is the group limit four? Or only in certain instances? And if so how frequently do these instances come up? My friends and I are looking for the next game to play after we're done co-oping dark souls 3 and this may just be the best bet, but Google is making it hard for me to tell if you can pve the game from 1 to 50 with a 5 or 6 man group.

Admittedly ds3 is caped to four as well but I think we may attract another player or two in eso.

Edit - we're on pc. Most search results I see for this are for consoles.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 17, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There are 20 instances that are limited to 4 people, and 4 instances that are made for 12 players. Everything else can be grouped up for with any number, except for the main quest that is strictly solo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you run around the world in a large group do you still get quest credit? Like WoW if you make a raid of 10 dudes you won't receive quest credit.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

BadLlama posted:

If you run around the world in a large group do you still get quest credit? Like WoW if you make a raid of 10 dudes you won't receive quest credit.

You can make a large group with 100 people and get quest credit for most quests.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Awesome, I dabbled in this game solo before so trying it again with a steady group of irl friends is going to be great. I'm really looking forward to how much more content there will be in a mmo vs the essentially sp dark souls. Thanks for the detailed info.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 17, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This may be dumb but if something adds "X spell damage to your cast time abilities" does this also increase the healing you do with cast time abilities?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I get a decent bunch of blues in my rounds and even the odd purple here and there. And I suppose it's factoring in the daily crafting poo poo and the questing I do but the crafting takes like thirty seconds per character and the questing is something you're likely doing anyway. So yeah, that was a bit high for just the stealing but you do make plenty of money from just playing the game is my point.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

heavy armour stamsorc is very fun for low level blackwater pvp. I don't have anything fun yet (crit surge, dark deal) and as I'm an imperial who is SnBing I pretty much have abused Vigor since about level 12. It still works though, Just shield charge and ransack with hurrincae up then occasionally curse vigor for not having more of a burst heal and sometimes use my other skill which is on my bar strictly to level dark magic.

I'll switch to Warden as soon as it drops but I'm enjoying playing my dopey tank. If only I would stop accidentally using ransack when fighting world bosses while farming for higher level gear.

On a side note, I've only played blackwater blade but jesus the Pact seems to just crush pvp on it. I've played daggerfall's side and maybe it's just me, but the Pact seems to just bring more people and group and organise better at these low levels.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Puckish Rogue posted:

On a side note, I've only played blackwater blade but jesus the Pact seems to just crush pvp on it. I've played daggerfall's side and maybe it's just me, but the Pact seems to just bring more people and group and organise better at these low levels.

Better enjoy it while you still can. Once you hit Azura's Star (soon to be Sotha Sil), you're gonna miss all that. Especially when you see a full AD faction stack just run over the map with 60+ bowtards spamming Snipe and the rest of the faction spamming roots and hard CC.

E: Not to say that it's a totally bad thing. When the Chill Bros squad manages to make it out of the AD killbox and into an isolated part of the map, the AP just rolls in for us with some hilarious resource farms.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 17, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Scyantific posted:

E: Not to say that it's a totally bad thing. When the Chill Bros squad manages to make it out of the AD killbox and into an isolated part of the map, the AP just rolls in for us with some hilarious resource farms.

Do you have a semi set schedule for when you guys go out and pvp?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

E2: Point is, it's very easy to make money in this game if you know where to look. You don't have to be a legendary trading shitlord like JackBadass to make tons of money.

do you think that investment of 150,000 gold in fishing bait has paid off for him one and a half years later

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you have talents that heal you based on the amount of ultimate you spend when you activate an ultimate is that calculation based on the default ultimate cost or do passives and gear that reduce ultimate cost adjust the calculation so you get returned less? I mean logically I would expect to receive less because I am spending less but some things about this game make me scratch my head.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Went to go duo pledges last night with my girl, started CoA1 and I was like drat this poo poo is harder than I remember, did some nerfs hit? Made it all the way to the last boss and I see I can read the scroll for HM, gently caress I forgot to switch to normal. Plus side is I know I can solo some vet dungeons... though I would have liked to cut that run time in half so I could go to bed earlier.

Also, I apparently lied about our trade guild, at the moment we don't have any spots, talked to the GL last night and no one is up for being kicked yet :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

MF_James posted:

Plus side is I know I can solo some vet dungeons.

More like BAMF_James.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Aramek posted:

More like BAMF_James.

that was a good humblebrag on my part, right?

Potatoman
Dec 23, 2008

Ugh... I just.... I don't...
Is the EU guild still a thing?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I figured at this point anyone with 400+CP was 2-manning most vet dungos

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Potatoman posted:

Is the EU guild still a thing?

Well, it exists. Is it a thing? Probably not. It's a dead thing? If that counts.

If you want invite, just leave your name here.

Potatoman
Dec 23, 2008

Ugh... I just.... I don't...

Fewd posted:

Well, it exists. Is it a thing? Probably not. It's a dead thing? If that counts.

If you want invite, just leave your name here.

Yeah guess I'll pass then, dead guilds aren't the best idea.

Thanks for the info!

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Scyantific posted:

I figured at this point anyone with 400+CP was 2-manning most vet dungos

Yeah I just never tried, so I didn't know it was possible.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So this game has no transmog sort of deal to play pretty princess?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BadLlama posted:

So this game has no transmog sort of deal to play pretty princess?
You can convert some stuff to Imperial style if you have the Imperial upgrade and the deluxe edition of Morrowind will give you the ability to convert some items to Morag Tong style, but that's it.
Which sucks.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

would be nice if they let you change the styles based on your motifs, maybe someday.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I had to find a mod just to tell me what the style was on gear, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seriously, I could be rocking Dunmer leather and looking like an Indoril guard if I hadn't resorted to dungeon sets.