Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

Are you sure those are squirrels? 1 foot and 5 pounds is the size of a small cat.

They're real big, but squirrels, and usually fat off the neighbor's birdfeeder. Also, I took this picture because I literally cannot believe two of them crammed themselves in there at the same time.

Cowcaster posted:

really it would be more standard if instead of traps and chemicals and whatnot he just bought himself a high powered shotgun and started blasting holes in his attic like elmer fudd
Actually thought about getting an air rifle to pick them off with as they scale the trees to get to the house, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those enormous squirrels are cute.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

quoting this incredibly embarrassing gaffe

what? That way he can get moose AND squirrel.

I meant "He" as in Captain Invictus

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 19, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Guys, the fact that they are making a sequel to Life is Strange is only really sinking in with me today.

Games loving rule. Announce Deadly Premonition 2 and/or Alan Wake 2 and i'd just be happy for the rest of my days.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

They're real big, but squirrels, and usually fat off the neighbor's birdfeeder. Also, I took this picture because I literally cannot believe two of them crammed themselves in there at the same time.

Actually thought about getting an air rifle to pick them off with as they scale the trees to get to the house, yes

One time we were trying to get rid of chipmunks using these traps and a opossum crammed itself in there somehow

it fell to me to extract it and it mercifully did its "I'm Dead" act instead of trying to bite my fingers off or whatever

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

Those enormous squirrels are cute.
That's the worst part. I love rodents, but they managed to chew through a wooden storage crate and destroyed my mom's wedding dress and made her cry, among other things, so they shall all be purged

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just get a huge cat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Attic cat. Cattic.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Just get a huge cat.

Gonna need like a Maine Coon with an eyepatch that also smokes cheap cigars and has a checkered history with the law because of its innate issue with authority, man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Pretty good. I saw the new Alien movie last night, and it was thoroughly "ok." Played a bunch of Titanfall 2 and now anticipating a big multiplayer game of Stellaris that a goon friend is planning for Memorial Day weekend.

How are you?

Dreadful. Had a horrible night terror yesterday and had another last night that still has me shaken up, gotta go to a wedding tomorrow that I know I'm gonna have some kind of anxiety attack during and end up feeling really lovely during, and then my birthday is coming up on the 27th and with me turning 26 and my fiancee's gonna try to get me stuff for it and I know some other people want to get me things but I just feel bad because I don't like when people fuss over me or buy me things because I don't feel like I'm worth the money or effort and I feel like they're wasting it by dropping it on me. I'm also worried about my birthday because I'm afraid of my mother trying to contact me for it.

Other than that, nothing else is happening. I'm tired, exhausted, really just wanna get back to sleep, but I wanna check in with everyone else and see how everyone else is doing because I like asking how everyone's doing and seeing what people are up to because I'm nosy like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Gonna need like a Maine Coon with an eyepatch that also smokes cheap cigars and has a checkered history with the law because of its innate issue with authority, man

Even sweet cats can make good hunters.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

seems like a waste since he'll just have to shoot the cat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Then I'll have to buy snake-stomping gorillas to get rid of the snakes. Then gorilla-eating elephants to deal with the gorillas! And then what?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Out of the choices, I would rather live with a cat

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Captain Invictus posted:

Then I'll have to buy snake-stomping gorillas to get rid of the snakes. Then gorilla-eating elephants to deal with the gorillas! And then what?!

Some kind of small rodent to scare the elephants

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Even sweet cats can make good hunters.

Yeah, parents used to have this fat squat little cat with no front claws and it basically acted like a dog in terms of how much attention it wanted but turning it loose in the basement whenever someone saw a mouse down there revealed it was a bloodthirsty and efficient little furry murderer.

Walk down there 10 minutes after we put the cat down there and the cat is just casually laying around in front of the mouse which it has torn in half

Dunno how it would have done with Invictus's giant mutant attic squirrels, though...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's videos of what happens when you put a june bug in a hamster cage(hamsters eat beetles in the wild sometimes and june bugs are a healthy snack for a pet hamster).

Turns out hamsters can instantly switch into prowling predator mode too. It's great.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Apropos of nothing, guinea pis are cute little potatoes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ometeotl posted:

Apropos of nothing, guinea pis are cute little potatoes.

About as smart as one, too.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/865567597944651776

It's no Mount & Blade: Warband, but it's a good place to start as any.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
steam servers appear to be down :(

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Everyone, have some cute cat characters in a marching band to brighten your day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIGb1lfpBw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phantasium posted:

nah, guitar hero dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGYlQdKwtk

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Resident Evil: Erotic Violence Edition announced.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I imagine that Square would probably not want Life is Strange to be episodic if they poo poo canned IO for Hitman's failure

Life is Strange had strong player retention between entries. It was also a lot less expensive to make (under €6 million).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Comments are disabled for this video.

:allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Of course Capcom decides to get into another dying business

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just replayed Revengeance for the probably 100th time, that loving game is :krad: and I will keep periodically replaying it until I am no longer able to hold a controller

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the good fax machine posted:

I just replayed Revengeance for the probably 100th time, that loving game is :krad: and I will keep periodically replaying it until I am no longer able to hold a controller

I wish I could but I packed up the 360 years ago, I have to settle for keeping its music in my everyday playlist.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

I wish I could but I packed up the 360 years ago, I have to settle for keeping its music in my everyday playlist.

It's on PC.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I don't have a PC.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still cry myself to sleep wondering about Revengeance 2. ~What might have been~

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

the good fax machine posted:

I still cry myself to sleep wondering about Revengeance 2. ~What might have been~

There's not much stopping that from happening.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

There's not much stopping that from happening.

konami butchering their AAA game development and selling it off for parts is probably a bit of a hurdle

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

konami butchering their AAA game development and selling it off for parts is probably a bit of a hurdle

Just make Platinum do all the work.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

I mean, they still make some games (PES and Bomberman) and Revengeance was a Platinum game anyway with less (no?) involvement from Kojima so they could technically do it.

They won't.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

As far as I know the only thing Kojima did on Revengeance was make grown men cry on camera so he could jerk off to it later.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Jumping into Ashes of Ariandel after not having played DS3 since release is a jarring and uphill fight. Everything feeling slow mixed with the Viking aesthetic reminds me of Lords of the Fallen.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Liife is Strange
or
Life iis Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Life is 2trange

• Locked thread