Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Buca di Bepis posted:

Dragon's Dogma was pretty good. Not sure that I actually noticed anything special about the AI companions.

If you or your friends played a bunch when you summoned their or they summoned your companion they'd get better at fighting, go after the weak spot first thing and things like that. They actually seemed to learn which was neat. You could also make your one unique companion into an abomination so I made a giant amazon named Fizzlebeef but gave her the highest pitch voice. I'd idle in mumble and could tell when people summoned her based on the reaction.

Imagine this thing going all shadow of the colossus on giant enemies while yelling like a squirrel.

Still haven't finished it, it didn't grab me like Witcher 3 did but it has its moments. Oh and when you sent your friends or other people's companion back you could rate the experience and send it back with a gift, like a healing item or resources, or pocket lint. I think rating higher got people more experience or dress up dollars, I forget which. Got a lot of 5 star combat ratings and 0 star appearance ratings from Fizzlebeef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
They will just copy your behavior straight up. Some guy would go through a river then toggle his lantern off then on again. After awhile he noticed that his companion was doing the exact same thing.

A different friend was confused when his companion would run in and just start smashing loot crates instead of fighting guys. He asked us what was going on and we asked if that is what he normally did and yep.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've never even heard of this game, but that's funny as hell.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Godholio posted:

I've never even heard of this game, but that's funny as hell.

We would do 4 player co-op and at one point you find ogres. Apparently they get really excited when they see a female, run to grab them, then run off with them. The ogres rear end gets bright red and becomes a major weak point against them. We kept giving poo poo to the people playing as female characters.

This may sound bad, but later you find elder ogres who prefer men and made it really funny once we ran into those.

My henchman learned how throw people on the backs of large monsters. He would sit there and call out for someone. He would ignore the enemy for a long time just waiting for anyone to come to him, even a mage, who he would then throw onto the enemies back. If no one came, he just stayed there.

My henchman taught a friends henchman to do the same thing. So que up two npcs named Goose and Mavrick kneeling by a giant monster waiting for the other to jump on his shield, shouting at each other that they are ready.

also here is a comparison shot for funsies
https://s1.webmshare.com/JGeK7.webm

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

So, in memory of Chris Cornell's kickass contribution to the music world, the CE thread got to posting about notably kickass RTS World In Conflict.

cowboy elvis posted:

Can someone post the cool World In Conflict game trailer that had Shadow On The Sun as the music?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I got you fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srb4_7F3lAc

Loved that game.

EFB, again.

It was Red Dawn: The RTS, and so much better than the premise deserved. Time to find out if it stood the test of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAI58c75_pw

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Support for the game is gone and you can no longer but it on Steam. It's possible to play multiplayer though, according to http://www.massgate.org/

I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure how well it works, but I'd be down to play with you fuckers sometime.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I bought the special edition of World in Conflict back when it was first released. The game came in a big red cardboard box with the hammer and sickle embossed on the cover. Inside they had included a thimble-sized chunk of the actual Berlin Wall complete with cerificate of origin.

The game itself was pretty awesome if i remember correctly, or at least I thought so back in '07. I lost the box and the install cd's while moving at some point, but I still have the Berlin Wall souvenir on my desk.

That's my World in Conflict story.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I played that on the lowest graphical settings on a lovely aafes special laptop in 08 or so good poo poo

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
That was the game where you could throw daisy cutters and napalm and A10 gun runs around yeah? poo poo was rad as hell

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

for all you bros talking about world in conflict it's on gog

https://www.gog.com/game/world_in_conflict_complete_edition

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we had a really fun pubg today. We were holed up in an attic anne frank style with sniper rifles and we were taking potshots at this one squad for a good five minutes. They were 500-600 meters out and were running around in the open going from cover to cover because they could not figure out where it was coming from.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
For those of you who don't go into the PUBG thread in games, the new weapon is the VSS.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

For those of you who don't go into the PUBG thread in games, the new weapon is the VSS.

Aw, I was hoping for a FAL

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Aw, I was hoping for a FAL

Keep in mind they're planning a new gun every month. And based on the way the VSS operates, it will probably be a care package weapon like the 249 or m24.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Keep in mind they're planning a new gun every month. And based on the way the VSS operates, it will probably be a care package weapon like the 249 or m24.

Is this why I've never seen a 249, m24 or Vector. They only come in care packages?

What else comes in care packages?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dude McAwesome posted:

Is this why I've never seen a 249, m24 or Vector. They only come in care packages?

Care Package exclusives are: AWM (and .300 rounds), M24, Tommy gun, 249, adrenaline shot, ghillie suit, 15x scope

other possibilities are level 3 gear items, 8x scopes, and ammo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

Vectors are normal just rare. The M249, Tommy Gun, M24, AWM, ghillie suit, 15x scope, and adrenaline syringe are all care package only.

And a care package isn't a guarantee on any of them, sometimes it's a Kar98 with a ghillie suit. You never know.

The adrenaline syringe gives you 100%boost with one item, vs painkillers and an energy drink. It also takes 10 full seconds to use.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Ah awesome, thanks for the info dudes.

I try and steer clear of them cos I just assumed I'd get straight up murdered if I went for one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I want to like pubg but I think I need a new mobo/cpu to do it. It just always chugs for me even after tweaking the poo poo out of it. Had the same problem with BF1. This old quad core just ain't got what it takes anymore.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I think we spooked that guy with all the smoke grenades at the end. I can't imagine why else he'd come charging over a hill at us when he owned the white circle. Getting that suppressed SMG kill felt good though. :)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ok world in conflict is beyond cool

also loving :lol: at the poor corporal trying to get his pay sorted out because he got swept up in the invasion and didn't file a proper change of unit report

Shockules
May 2, 2017
Yeah world in conflict is super fun, theres nothing quite like dropping some tactical nukes on a group of tanks. I'm gonnana try to play some games with pesticide tomorrow, maybe we can get a couple people together and kill some CPUs or something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

ok world in conflict is beyond cool

also loving :lol: at the poor corporal trying to get his pay sorted out because he got swept up in the invasion and didn't file a proper change of unit report

Haha IDR is in World In Conflict?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well I got PUBG and it's pretty cool.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Had one of those awesome moments in WIC earlier. Pesticide dropped two napalm strikes and then my airstrike hit and pretty much annihilated all of the enemy forces in one fell swoop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO_jO8srAzk

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That game is pretty drat fun. It felt pretty great dropping a daisy cutter on Two Finger and rolling over his infantry with my tanks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LiOrUmjc1g

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.facebook.com/ign/videos/vb.59685491632/10154799930591633

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

I want to like pubg but I think I need a new mobo/cpu to do it. It just always chugs for me even after tweaking the poo poo out of it. Had the same problem with BF1. This old quad core just ain't got what it takes anymore.

I have an ASROCK Z170 Gaming K4

https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Motherboards-FATAL1TY-Z170-GAMING/dp/B012D7GXNK

You can have it for the cost of shipping if you'd like. I thought it was a bad Motherboard and bought my wife a new one. Turns out it was a bad stick of RAM. Now I have an extra motherboard sitting in my spare bedroom. Put an I5 6600K in it and you can overclock the crap out of it if you like.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I have the ASUS equivalent with that CPU and yeah it's solid.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
The next Far Cry has you fighting a doomsday cult in Montana.

http://www.pcgamer.com/first-far-cry-5-teaser-welcomes-you-to-montana/

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

subterfudge posted:

:stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm the guy getting his head caved in on the church bell

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

subterfudge posted:

Ok cool. This sounds good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

subterfudge posted:

Sold, though I wonder if it'll be like True Detective for me where poo poo is way too familiar :banjo:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd commit some serious war crimes in a game like that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I still need to finish Zelda 🤔

I probably have like 50 hours or so in it. I'd guess I'm about 75% through most of the story? Been dragging rear end on the dungeons. Did y'all like it ultimately ?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 23, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I just wish nintendo would give up on their loving consoles and just focus on releasing games. They have a stable of games that always seem really cool but I don't want to buy a console just for zelda and mario kart. If they were on xbox or PC I'd be all over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

I just wish nintendo would give up on their loving consoles and just focus on releasing games. They have a stable of games that always seem really cool but I don't want to buy a console just for zelda and mario kart. If they were on xbox or PC I'd be all over that.

They also gently caress pc gamers other ways, like convincing devs to include really cool poo poo only on the WiiU. See: Shovel Knight.