Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

vOv posted:

The best part of having all the HW beast tribes maxed is seeing the Vath, Moogle, and Vanu all dancing together on that little island near Ok'Zundu.

There's also a group of Vath by their Adventurer's Guild dancing, and some Moogles doing the newer dance for some dragons by the fountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if anyone's burnt out but wants to keep leveling or something for HW, change things up and try a controller if you're normally on PC. It shakes things up a bit, it's nice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
hey guys we made the big times

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/865656604770713605

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

please god no

:shrug: It could be opt-in instead of default on, but I sometimes play on my HTPC and external software is a pain in the rear end.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

/pizza

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

:eng101: blizzard implemented in-game voice chat in wow in patch 2.2 as part of some sound engine rewrite and no one ever, ever used it, even once, because why the gently caress would you? given how heavensward's development arc has been treading a similar path to burning crusade, it's a hopeful sign that yoship and company noticed how it's a bad idea with no payoff

:ccp: implemented it in eve too! They even tried charging for it!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Got my SMN to 60, then realized I'm really bad at SMN dps. I have a WHM at 51 and trying to get her to 60 asap. Any tips on not being bad at WHM?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Protip: remember to turn cleric stance off before you try to heal people

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

homeless snail posted:

You can't tell me what to do

(I gently caress this up all the time)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Unless you're using benediction.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hobbesmaster posted:

:ccp: implemented it in eve too! They even tried charging for it!

That's quite an emoticon.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

To elaborate, the reason in-game voice chat is bad is that usually nobody wants to chat with randos in DF, and if you want to talk with people you know odds are you already have Discord or Skype or whatever the hell set up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Valicious posted:

Got my SMN to 60, then realized I'm really bad at SMN dps. I have a WHM at 51 and trying to get her to 60 asap. Any tips on not being bad at WHM?

DPS don't need to be full life, just enough to gently caress up once. Or toss a regen on them and leave them if there's no aoe coming soon and cleric stance is already off.
Holy stuns for 4, 2, 1 second. That's a decent amount of time you don't need to heal.
Use divine seal all the time. The cooldown is stupid short and the ability kicks rear end. DS Regen will take care of a tank for a long time. (It doesn't affect asylum, assize, or tetragrammaton that you'll get later.)
Use Shroud of Saints before you need it. Hit 80% MP and you're going to be casting still? Use it.
If you're unsure, play honest. Weave the dps in when you can, but you'll learn how to be comfortable with that. Ultimately if you have a 7 second window, you can turn cleric stance on, do some stuff, turn it off, and heal.

Edit: One more for the road: Use benediction before you need it. If you try to get the clutch 100hp heal, you will hit the button in time, it will hit the tank according to your combat log, and he will be dead. Even if the tank is at 10, 20, 30% and you're going to go into spam heal mode, just toss Beni at him.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 20, 2017

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Edit: One more for the road: Use benediction before you need it. If you try to get the clutch 100hp heal, you will hit the button in time, it will hit the tank according to your combat log, and he will be dead. Even if the tank is at 10, 20, 30% and you're going to go into spam heal mode, just toss Beni at him.

All good advice, I'd add to this tip that you can actually use Bene more often than you'd believe. It feels like something you should sit on, but unless you're doing Savage content you can often fire it off to keep DPSing at leisure.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Playing a WHM too and this is all super useful info. I didn't even know SoS helped with mana, or that the cd on DS was so short, or that holy stunned. Guess I need to read my tool tips more.

Is the process from 45-50 a slog for most people? I got a ton of quests but after almost three hours I'm barely halfway through 45.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dunno how I feel about Papa John after the ghost busters thing.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

The what?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Leal posted:

Dunno how I feel about Papa John after the terrible way he treats his employees and his terrible beliefs

edit: and the ghostbusters thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQEXFDePLA

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Ok so I would like to get back into this game after quitting a few months after HW came out. I genuinely really enjoyed HW's storyline and wanna play the story patches I missed and get ready for SB.

Problem is my only 60 is bard and I found I really really sucked at bard DPS and felt bad when meanies yelled at me in dungeons.

Long story short, any dummies guide to getting back into the swing of things and being remotely decent at bard so i can get back into relevant content? I'd play a new class but they're all very low as I spent most my time leveling DoL and DoH, and I kinda want to get into the SB story as soon as it hits.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ceramics posted:

Ok so I would like to get back into this game after quitting a few months after HW came out. I genuinely really enjoyed HW's storyline and wanna play the story patches I missed and get ready for SB.

Problem is my only 60 is bard and I found I really really sucked at bard DPS and felt bad when meanies yelled at me in dungeons.

Long story short, any dummies guide to getting back into the swing of things and being remotely decent at bard so i can get back into relevant content? I'd play a new class but they're all very low as I spent most my time leveling DoL and DoH, and I kinda want to get into the SB story as soon as it hits.

A friend linked me this guide recently. It's a lot to take in, but just from reading it once I already noticed some improvement in my play, just from recontextualizing how I thought about the class/how to dps.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Verisimilidude posted:

Playing a WHM too and this is all super useful info. I didn't even know SoS helped with mana, or that the cd on DS was so short, or that holy stunned. Guess I need to read my tool tips more.

Is the process from 45-50 a slog for most people? I got a ton of quests but after almost three hours I'm barely halfway through 45.

The xp needed from 45-50 grows pretty fast, so things do slow down. Now's a good time to make sure your hunting log (class and GC) are filled up, because that's a surprisingly large amount of XP. Also, I always made sure I did the two FATE challenge logs, and the two levequest challenge logs each week. It can feel a bit grindy, so if you don't like that just do a few parts of it each day.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
What's the best way to get Scripture outside of daily roulette? My SMN is 60, but I'm trying to get my WHM to 60 and use the Scripture on her

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Valicious posted:

What's the best way to get Scripture outside of daily roulette? My SMN is 60, but I'm trying to get my WHM to 60 and use the Scripture on her

You can join an a1s farm party. For like 3 minutes of work you get 15 scripture.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Dunno how I feel about Papa John after the terrible way he treats his employees and his terrible beliefs

edit: and the ghostbusters thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQEXFDePLA

What's so bad about that

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Leal posted:

You can join an a1s farm party. For like 3 minutes of work you get 15 scripture.

Where do I unlock Alexander? Isn't there another raid in HW too?

...I still need to get my ponies from ARR. I plan on just going down the list of minions and mounts and getting them one by one. Pissed that I missed so many seasonal events during my two years away.

Valicious fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 20, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Please don't grind A1S for scripture. You'll just end up hating yourself and the game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this. Didn't get a chance to read over it until now but it definitely helps.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this. Didn't get a chance to read over it until now but it definitely helps.

Glad to be of assistance.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
A1S is fine if you want to hate yourself for light farming though. Scrip is a nice bonus. :eng101:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Farm palace of the dead. 51-60 over and over

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a place with a good preorder price for Stormblood yet? Haven't been keeping an eye out.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Green Man Gaming has it for 10% off. I haven't heard of it being cheaper anywhere else.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Steam is still it's own separate thing, right?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you can swing it and you don't have a Steam copy of the game, buy Stormblood off Humble Store so that part of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. Or theirs, they aren't picky.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

realistically speaking, the time it takes to get to the door and grab your pizza from the delivery man and then get back to where you were in the first place is very likely to be more than enough time to miss a queue popping.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

realistically speaking, the time it takes to get to the door and grab your pizza from the delivery man and then get back to where you were in the first place is more than enough time to miss a queue popping.

My thoughts exactly. Unless they plan on having a program where you can give them a copy of your key and they just come on in and place the pizza down in front of you while you poo poo all over yourself, I want nothing to do with it :v:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

realistically speaking, the time it takes to get to the door and grab your pizza from the delivery man and then get back to where you were in the first place is very likely to be more than enough time to miss a queue popping.

At last, an advantage to playing DPS.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The length of the queue would have no impact on the probability of it popping when pizza man/woman is outside really so DPS don't really have that perk.

It would just make it an even bigger bastard if it happened.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Healers have it easiest, since an optimally played healer keeps everyone topped up with regens and has a bunch of GCDs that pass with nothing for them to do anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Attorney at Funk posted:

Healers have it easiest, since an optimally played healer keeps everyone topped up with regens and has a bunch of GCDs that pass with nothing for them to do anyway.

*shots fired*

• Locked thread