Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dolph was my favourite wrestler around when he won Survivor Series 2014 and permanently ended The Authority for a couple of weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Forceholy posted:

Remember when people were actually looking forward to a Roman Reigns World Title run during his Shield days?

gently caress WWE booking.

For the record I've always been an ambrose man.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A Dapper Dean Man

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you jerks didn't watch the UK Special. It's okay, it'll repeat at 8pm est

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ziggler and Breeze had an amazing match at this house show I went to in Calgary.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For all you lifting fetishists. Dana lifted Nia Jax on Main Event this week

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Forceholy posted:

Remember when people were actually looking forward to a Roman Reigns World Title run during his Shield days?

gently caress WWE booking.

Roman may be the most egregious gently caress up of all of the gently caress ups. Dude looks so loving cool and he turned into a pretty drat good worker/talker. He's every bit as can't-miss as Bayley or Balor and they hosed him up worst of all.

Even after their initial gently caress up with the Rumble, all they had to do was turn him heel for like, a year. They could've been done with all of this by now.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst booked person on the roster right now is Becky Lynch. What the gently caress are they doing with her?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im glad alexa is champ

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm still confused on how charlotte got legit tangled up in the tree of woe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

you dingus bayley was working charlotte's hand the entire match, this is extremely good booking

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's Charlotte being out of position at first, then Bayley thinking she's corrected it on the second try and going with it, but Charlotte was still out of position.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Same.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Dolph was my favourite wrestler around when he won Survivor Series 2014 and permanently ended The Authority for a couple of weeks

Yeah dolph was pretty big here for like 3 months after that and then he went downhill rapidly after that weird Lana cucking angle. If he wasn't booked horrendously since that I think he would have been fine to good but here we are, dolph is now Forever Always Bad

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
wwe will squeeze out every ounce of enthusiasm you ever had about wrestlers you like, forever and always

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Bayley was always bad, Alexa will appeal to children more by being as small as a child and throwing tantrums

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

The jumping high-five is Bayley's signature move, glad that no-talent Io Shirai can't use it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tato posted:

The jumping high-five is Bayley's signature move, glad that no-talent Io Shirai can't use it.

they all look the same amirite

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Smackdown had that "coherent storytelling with logical payoff" thing going for it, but they took it too far and now the booking just feels extremely bland and unimaginative. Like they took AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens and made an Evil Foreigner feud out of it, come on now.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Regarding Dolph, I think the issue is that at some point you lose the ability to keep investing in a guy and believe this time will be different. That's where all the "____ was always bad" really originates from, the point where people just give up hope that someone is going to turn it around and then you feel stupid you ever thought this time would be different.

For Dolph, it was definitively that Survivor Series he won for the good guys. They literally did nothing with him, John Cena got him fired, and Sting was the entire story. That was the "oh, they had this thing perfectly set up for me to care about him and just threw him in the garbage" moment. It's hard to keep putting your hand on the stove and care about Dolph at that point. They even did the "turn into the skid" thing and made a storyline about all his stop-and-start pushes and not being on top anymore, but he's just too far gone to make a difference.

Maybe some distance would help. Guy has been a constant presence in the WWE for almost a decade now with very little breaks. I don't begrudge him earning a living, but a fresh start could do some wonders.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tato posted:

Regarding Dolph, I think the issue is that at some point you lose the ability to keep investing in a guy and believe this time will be different. That's where all the "____ was always bad" really originates from, the point where people just give up hope that someone is going to turn it around and then you feel stupid you ever thought this time would be different.

For Dolph, it was definitively that Survivor Series he won for the good guys. They literally did nothing with him, John Cena got him fired, and Sting was the entire story. That was the "oh, they had this thing perfectly set up for me to care about him and just threw him in the garbage" moment. It's hard to keep putting your hand on the stove and care about Dolph at that point. They even did the "turn into the skid" thing and made a storyline about all his stop-and-start pushes and not being on top anymore, but he's just too far gone to make a difference.

Maybe some distance would help. Guy has been a constant presence in the WWE for almost a decade now with very little breaks. I don't begrudge him earning a living, but a fresh start could do some wonders.

Wasn't part of the problem the fact that Ziggler's spot was actually meant for Roman Reigns and thus they had no long-term plan for or intention to do anything with Ziggler? Ziggler - also a victim of the Roman Reigns push.

(Of course, Ziggler is also a victim of Ziggler being Ziggler)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jericho was on Busted Open radio. Highlights:

He was originally supposed to win the Universal title at Mania,
then lose it to Brock at Payback
He pitched a Mania match with Nakamura after that fell through
He thinks a way to fix the cruiserweight division is adding Enzo to the roster and having him feud with Neville

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

He thinks a way to fix the cruiserweight division is adding Enzo to the roster and having him feud with Neville

hmm, a charisma vacuum vs a ringwork vacuum, could be great

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I love Jericho but please keep him away from the book

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Ok here's the backstory on this more or less. I might get in trouble for saying it too!

During the European tour Enzo had mad heat with the locker room for his partying. A lot of which had to do with Jericho not being there. Enzo's standard "role" was to buy shots for Jericho. In short they are boys.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sawft boy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Neville has more charisma from look and physical presence alone and is eons beyond Enzo in the ring. Enzo is SAWFT all around. For gently caress's sake just use him to get Cass over enough already and move Cass to better things so he can get the world title we know is coming.

Send Enzo to Saturday Morning Slam as a cartoon character for the kids or whatever the gently caress.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Enzo sucks at wrestling but he's really good at making friends with the right people

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The not following up on the Survivor Series match is definitely when people started turning on Dolph. I remember the near universal praise for Dolph after that match (I read/heard multiple people saying it was maybe the greatest performance in Survivor Series history) quickly turned into apathy as people realized they were never going to do anything with him. And at a certain point Dolph internalized that, and "they never do anything with me I'm being held back" became his gimmick and then the outright contempt started there and was solidified in the endless feud with Rusev.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Enzo sucks at wrestling but he's really good at making friends with the right people

Tight with Balor too obviously.

Enzo & Mojo always got preferential treatment in NXT for whatever reason - Post Bill DeMott. Would get "atta boys" for coming into training hungover and stuff.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Would it be a stupid idea to have Enzo as the cruiserweight champion as a heel with Cass as his cheating muscle? Ut might be good.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Would it be a stupid idea to have Enzo as the cruiserweight champion as a heel with Cass as his cheating muscle? Ut might be good.

i think you lose the singalong poo poo if you make them heel, though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Efexeye posted:

i think you lose the singalong poo poo if you make them heel, though
good

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
http://www.kayfabenews.com/5-predictions-wwe-backpack-flapjack-slapchop-whatever-show-happening-sunday/

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah good for smarks but not for vince

kids like singalongs
kids' parents buy merch

therefore enzo and cass will be sawfting and badabooming for at least as long as scotty 2 hotty did the worm

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Efexeye posted:

yeah good for smarks but not for vince

kids like singalongs
kids' parents buy merch

therefore enzo and cass will be sawfting and badabooming for at least as long as scotty 2 hotty did the worm

A big guy burying the cruiserweights sounds very good for Vince. Why anyone else would want this I have no clue.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

A big guy burying the cruiserweights sounds very good for Vince. Why anyone else would want this I have no clue.

oh i was just referring to the singalong part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

They already have a steroid golem that's probably over 205 on top right now.

• Locked thread