Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nova Odin posted:

Applied, thanks for making a third crew.

You're welcome. Get you in in just a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did NRS ever give a reason why they didnt port to PC?

I remember a while ago people were complaining that MKX for PC was a POS, but I don't know from first or even second hand experience, just what I read on the internets a while ago.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did NRS ever give a reason why they didnt port to PC?

PC version is still in development. They wanted​ to do it internally this time and avoid the issues that having an outside studio do the original MKX port caused. The MKXL version for PC was internally made and a great port.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hup posted:

Learning I can send in AI and get levels from it is wonderful. I can finally use all this loving Blue Beetle gear!

Edit: also the best environmental interaction is throwing the guy on the barstool at someone

I'm glad Blanche Advantage has returned

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jimmy Hats posted:

These casters are hilarious

I'm glad there's already a tournament video up. I've watched fighting game tournaments for years but never played a fighting game seriously, this is my first.

e: replied to the wrong thing but make no mistake I am telling this to specifically you

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 20, 2017

Skallagrimsson
Aug 7, 2003

Straining my strength I grappled,
Staggered the wordy foeman;
My tooth I bade bite him.
Best of swords at need.

sexpig by night posted:

I'm glad Blanche Advantage has returned

I never played the Mortal Combat game w/ that trophy, so I thought you were making a White Privilege joke. :(

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Well remember how well that MKX release went.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skallagrimsson posted:

I never played the Mortal Combat game w/ that trophy, so I thought you were making a White Privilege joke. :(

no you're actually right, he wiggles out of Firestorm and Cyborg's hands, real hosed up of NRS

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I love how I can just turn AI Super Girl loose on offline content. Frees me up to poo poo post.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Are meaty setups after knockdown a thing in Injustice, or is it just a question of manually timing?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

BTW I did another video about this game

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcbDNtFXgVQ

Just constructive criticism, You might want to mention overhead attack and not just jumping attacks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm glad there's already a tournament video up. I've watched fighting game tournaments for years but never played a fighting game seriously, this is my first.

e: replied to the wrong thing but make no mistake I am telling this to specifically you

I appreciate it :3:

Jmcrofts posted:

YouTube search Yipes, there is a world of possibility awaiting you

https://youtu.be/LrKVRyCaVgo

I lost my poo poo at THUNDEROUS CRUNCH: rough, rugged and RAW!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

BTW I did another video about this game

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcbDNtFXgVQ

these are good vids, thank you jmcrofts for catering to us awful shitlord NRS gameplayers. I hope to also see Tekken videos next month.

Meridian posted:

Goon Lantern Corps has been created on PS4 so we've got a third goon crew for all of us stragglers.

XPEF8 is the code. Please verify your goony rear end when you request an invite. Plan to promote everyone who joins so they can invite as well, that way I don't miss anyone if I don't check the thread for a few days. :getin:

sent an invite. psn is endboss8. I "HAVE AN APPOINTMENT"

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Meridian posted:

Goon Lantern Corps has been created on PS4 so we've got a third goon crew for all of us stragglers.

XPEF8 is the code. Please verify your goony rear end when you request an invite. Plan to promote everyone who joins so they can invite as well, that way I don't miss anyone if I don't check the thread for a few days. :getin:

Sent a request

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I just saw Captain Cold's ending, and holy loving poo poo. Never has a more rational response been given to a super villain trying the old "conquer/destroy the world" act.

Also I just realized the cinematics actually string together to make a fully comprehensible full length movie that you could watch. Someone just put it up on Youtube in fact. Which is neat.

Doomay
Jan 16, 2008
In ~goon patrol~ as XxSSJSephirothxX

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Archonex posted:

I just saw Captain Cold's ending, and holy loving poo poo. Never has a more rational response been given to a super villain trying the old "conquer/destroy the world" act.

Also I just realized the cinematics actually string together to make a fully comprehensible full length movie that you could watch. Someone just put it up on Youtube in fact. Which is neat.

Why would you say this and not post a link?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Looked it up myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykknwuLbHZc&t=33s

Archonex posted:

Ugh I forget it but I remember thinking the same thing when I watched it. I wish there was a way to rewatch the endings (there may be, I just haven't found it.)

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 20, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jimmy Hats posted:

You can get 11 diamond motherboxes in an hour by teaming up with your goon pals and stomping on the cheetah boss

E: I'll prolly be looking to slap her a few more times tonight if anybody wants in for those delicious boxes. I can beat her myself what with all the health/super being tossed at me so y'all can just sit there and laugh while you throw a mace into her head and get free loot!

Is this realtime where you see others or is this some meta thing?? Is everyone fighting cheetah in realtime?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

CaptCommy posted:

Why would you say this and not post a link?

Hang on, i'll post the ending here. Along with the first compiled video I found of the game's cinematics.

The ending, which is hysterical in how on point it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykknwuLbHZc

The cinematics with the actual game play cut out. Which basically are a DC movie in their own right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_x_4IW7UI

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RossCo posted:

Are meaty setups after knockdown a thing in Injustice, or is it just a question of manually timing?

Yes, but most characters have invincible wakeups.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DLC Inc posted:

sent an invite. psn is endboss8. I "HAVE AN APPOINTMENT"

Starrett posted:

Sent a request

gotcha both

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Dj Meow Mix posted:

gotcha both

Thank you!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

gotcha both

thank you loyal lantern

man the jump in quality of the two games is still staggering. jesus

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
well one was designed for the last gen of consoles Even though it was re-released for current gen (ps4 at lest). This was specifically designed for current gen. And yes it looks amazing.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

thank you loyal lantern

man the jump in quality of the two games is still staggering. jesus

Hey DLC, you mind throwing the code in the OP if you haven't already?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

nunsexmonkrock posted:

well one was designed for the last gen of consoles Even though it was re-released for current gen (ps4 at lest). This was specifically designed for current gen. And yes it looks amazing.

I played the first one on the PS4 and it was pretty hilarious how the prerendered cutscenes moved and looked worse than the actual gameplay

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

These AI fights are absurd. I set Flash to Rushdown preset and he's just perfecting rounds.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This game is incredible in how it hands out gear to you by doing fun things and it also ensures you keep getting gear because it's leveled at the time you receive the motherbox instead of being rolled when decrypted so it discourages hoarding

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meridian posted:

Hey DLC, you mind throwing the code in the OP if you haven't already?

done and done

Calaveron posted:

This game is incredible in how it hands out gear to you by doing fun things and it also ensures you keep getting gear because it's leveled at the time you receive the motherbox instead of being rolled when decrypted so it discourages hoarding

the only thing I loving hate SO much is when I go to sell poo poo it doesn't show me what each item looks like so I cannot remember which things I want to keep purely for aesthetics. it makes selling and managing poo poo so much more tedious.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ That's why I only sell poo poo for characters I know I will never use - I had a poo poo ton of epic gear for the ones (aquaman had 5 epics) i don't use, yet WW yeah only one. I'm growing to like her random character trait sure it doesn't change my playstyle because I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do unless I get the Hermes buff - then it's air dash galore.

I wish we could trade gear but t hen it would open up a whole new thing of people trying to sell imaginable stuff for money, Nether Realms already got that covered with the source crystals.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Made these up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEeMseo-sY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NPzcRzsoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP7VRyCRYx4

first 2 vids are the definition of tryhard stuff fair warning.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 20, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Meridian posted:

sent request. PSN is MisterUnoriginal

also holy poo poo thanks for telling me you can just send your AI through the Multiverse and they'll level themselves up for you

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 20, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nunsexmonkrock posted:

^^^ I hate the phone linking, I was able to link it to get the grid skin, but if I try to do anything else in the app, the whole screen goes blank. - Yeah my phone is old but as long as I can use google maps, make calls and text people, than I am not spending another $400 on one just for a game. I've had it for what, I dunno 4ish years now.

Get Nox or Bluestacks, one of those should be able to run the game well enough to grind out some unlockables.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Watching my own AI dudes outplay me is kinda a confidence killer tbh.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My AI Flash does magical things with that runner's stance.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm pretty much just putting the AI through the Arcade mode for me lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Watching my own AI dudes outplay me is kinda a confidence killer tbh.

don't feel bad, the AI is doing poo poo that's borderline insane in terms of input speed. However I still see them drop combos on occasion which is pretty funny.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Made up a room for yucks - Rudys Hotdogs. I'll probably be on for another half hour or so if anyone wants to drop in for some casual matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Boss Brainiac is infuriating with Dr Fate. He's not that bad with most characters, you just need to stay on him and stun lock him so he can't trigger stage hazards. But half of Fate's attacks are magic, so he just sits there throwing gang signs while I get hosed to death with a giant tentacle.

• Locked thread