Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

The cut of the film with the missing scenes added back in is pure kino

The David Bowie and the Convenience Store scene is a highlight

I want a play a coronation street / Vampire crossover RPG now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just got back from alien and the boys are gonna have a field day with this one. did ridley scott just forget he made alien or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

just got back from alien and the boys are gonna have a field day with this one. did ridley scott just forget he made alien or something.

I will concede I'm in the minority of people who liked it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not a bad movie (there are in fact some amazing scenes in it) but it is an absolute mess and the creature effects are real loving bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think I went in with such super low expectations that I liked it. I loving hated Prometheus but this was way better as far as I'm concerned. The dialogue was really bad in most places but the action was good. The scene with the two fassbenders was absolutely hilarious.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Holy gently caress, is that real?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's the son of Jay and Rich

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the good fax machine posted:

Holy gently caress, is that real?

no it is not
that is if you think that is jay

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the resemblance is striking

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Light Gun Man posted:

This video is a good example of why Josh is in the group. Jay likes him because he can have this kind of conversation with him. It's hard to find people on your same level about poo poo you like to nerd out about, so when you do find that person you want to keep them around.

Again, there are numerous videos where he generally makes the group laugh. He's willing to do stuff for them as a friend, he's technical and probably saves them money like that, and he entertains them often enough he's not just that awkward friend you keep on the periphery. The internet and usually these forums are hyperbolic to a ridiculous degree. If anyone's had good friends for years and years they know you have to accept each other's flaws and irritating qualities if they are Good People.

What I'm saying is

I'm Josh thanks for watching

e: yeah this kinda but it's hard to say sincere people suck in this age of apathy and cynical 'ironic' detachment

Irradiation posted:

Josh sucks but you can tell from everyone's interactions that they're still friends as opposed to the Best of the Worst with Max Landis where Rich looks like he can barely contain strangling Max anytime he opens his mouth.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 20, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's not a bad movie (there are in fact some amazing scenes in it) but it is an absolute mess and the creature effects are real loving bad.

I would agree with this. I didn't feel like I wasted my time, but I was kinda shocked at just how....dumb the whole thing felt. It's dumber than Prometheus, and that's impressive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nobody dies by running in a straight line in Covenant though.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does the alien always have that Hannah-Barbara 'highlighted' effect on it all the time like in the trailer?

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

The wallpaper looks like someone glued pubes to the wall.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I remember the halcyon days before the juicy shaq meat BOTW when nobody had any opinions at all on Josh.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

I remember the halcyon days before the juicy shaq meat BOTW when nobody had any opinions at all on Josh.

I would say the shaq meat incident was the catalyst for everyone to tell their true feelings.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
This changing tide of sentiment towards Josh is appalling. You'll all change your tune when he fucks up the next BotW.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

a bone to pick posted:

Legion (loving horrible show)

You what? You fuckin' what?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

You what? You fuckin' what?

I'm sorry but when the whole cast went to imaginary psychiatric hospital it got real lovely

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Space Taxi posted:

The wallpaper looks like someone glued pubes to the wall.

Sir, you must have some lustrous, flowing, Samson-esque pubes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I really liked Legion but I totally understand if it isn't someone's cup of tea. Looking forward to S2.

Aubrey Plaza owned.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I remember the halcyon days before we found out Jack had a powerful dick and he was just the bald guy that made pee jokes. Now he's the permanent 4th man and it feels weird when he's not there.

Legion is dumb, but then I like Black Sails and The Strain so don't take my tv opinions too seriously unless it's when I say Sopranos is the best because that will always be true. Thanks.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, you must have some lustrous, flowing, Samson-esque pubes.

I braid them into a cone shape around my dick. A cockucopia if you will.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Legion had a strong start but devolved into dumbness. Also Fharouk being Audrey Plaza made sense in David's mind but it makes no sense he would retain that form when possessing someone else.

N Pain
May 19, 2017

by Smythe
So I re watched The Force Awakens plinkett review and something he talked about at the end really stuck with me. The lack of romance and intimacy in the new trilogy. The heart of ESB was the budding romance between Han and Leia. Their was a real sexual energy in the OT, that is sorely missing in this new trilogy. Plinkett touches on the two most probable reasons for this. Racism and PC culture. I know the casting of Finn was color blind, but I really feel like if a white actor had been cast, the relationship dynamic between Finn and Rey would have played out differently. They definitely would have planted the seeds for a future romantic relationship and she would have kissed him on the lips at the end. Or if Finn had been played by someone like Michael B Jordan, they would have allowed a little mutual flirting between the two. As it stands you have this chubby immature guy that spends the whole film sweating and screaming. What do you guys think? Will their be any kind of romantic relationship in the new films?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

N Pain posted:

So I re watched The Force Awakens plinkett review and something he talked about at the end really stuck with me. The lack of romance and intimacy in the new trilogy. The heart of ESB was the budding romance between Han and Leia. Their was a real sexual energy in the OT, that is sorely missing in this new trilogy. Plinkett touches on the two most probable reasons for this. Racism and PC culture. I know the casting of Finn was color blind, but I really feel like if a white actor had been cast, the relationship dynamic between Finn and Rey would have played out differently. They definitely would have planted the seeds for a future romantic relationship and she would have kissed him on the lips at the end. Or if Finn had been played by someone like Michael B Jordan, they would have allowed a little mutual flirting between the two. As it stands you have this chubby immature guy that spends the whole film sweating and screaming. What do you guys think? Will their be any kind of romantic relationship in the new films?

My opinion is that

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

N Pain posted:

i want to chop my dang balls off with a hatchet

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The budding romance was there with Finn and Poe ya dingus! :haw:

N Pain
May 19, 2017

by Smythe

priznat posted:

The budding romance was there with Finn and Poe ya dingus! :haw:

This ship is so loving racist. The fandom would rather force some weird random gay relationship between a near teenaged storm trooper and a thirty something year old resistance pilot, than follow the natural order of the heroes journey and have Finn and Rey end up together. I love watching the fandom jump through hoops defending Finn's portrayal and lack of intimacy with Rey. We all know if Finn had been casted white, the relationship would played out a lot differently.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Rey just doesn't need no man to complete her whereas Poe and Finn are a couple of fun dudes who are actually pretty awesome when all happy to see each other, sheesh!

it's all dumb as hell

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

N Pain posted:

Episode IX is gonna be an NC-17 fuckfest, so just chill.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Episode IX is gonna be an NC-17 fuckfest, so just chill.

gonna be one hell of a lightsaber duel

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

girth brooks part 2 posted:

gonna be one hell of a lightsaber duel

lots of force choking

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand it's nice to see a movie where a man and a woman exist together and don't have a love subplot

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

On the other hand it's nice to see a movie where a man and a woman exist together and don't have a love subplot

No they gotta gently caress why isn't anyone loving in this movie?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They didn't gently caress because of racism and diversity is bad. - Mike Stoklasa, 65 year old AM talk radio personality

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

Does the alien always have that Hannah-Barbara 'highlighted' effect on it all the time like in the trailer?

the only time that the creature effects look good is in the scene with the xenomorph you see in the trailer. also there is, no joke, a loving alien viewpoint camera shot multiple times and it's as dumb and bad as it sounds.

Shinjobi posted:

I would agree with this. I didn't feel like I wasted my time, but I was kinda shocked at just how....dumb the whole thing felt. It's dumber than Prometheus, and that's impressive.

it's the type of movie that bums me out the most - the basic premise is really good but they didn't structure it well so it's some amazing scenes strung together with really bad or lame ones. plus it doesn't make any sense when you think about the original alien movie (which is dumb since y'know ridley scott did both of them).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Elaborating on the Alien :spergin: "mythos" :spergin: is dumb nerd poo poo and shoulda been kept to comics and other garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Elaborating on the Alien :spergin: "mythos" :spergin: is dumb nerd poo poo and shoulda been kept to comics and other garbage.

Same except all movies and every form of human expression

• Locked thread