Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ded posted:

Good. That was a lovely thing to do to that kid. I hope he gets enough money out of this to fund him for a full doctorate.

You're reading it wrong. His civil case against the district was thrown out. He's got till June 1st to refile.

My girlfriend's dad was also convinced that this kid was an ISIS plant whose sole purpose was to cause outrage to get himself invited to the White House, so ISIS could probe the WH for weaknesses.

My girlfriend's dad is a nice guy and fun to talk to about cars and stuff, but he's loving retarded when it comes to this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ded posted:

Good. That was a lovely thing to do to that kid. I hope he gets enough money out of this to fund him for a full doctorate.

I think you misunderstand. The kid's lawsuit got tossed. They have a chance to submit an amended suit, but as it is right now the judge granted the school's motion to dismiss and he lost.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh goddamn it. I read it as 'the charges'.

edit : gently caress that judge

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sounds like he needs a much better lawyer

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

In case someone hasn't pointed this out...

Trump and administration learns nothing from Watergate. Decides to start working on finding a way to gently caress with special investigation.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I think the best question amounts to "Whose idea is this and is their name Donald Trump?"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This was literally the only acceptable outcome all along

Sticks in my craw. Assad is a mass-murderer, and gently caress Putin.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sticks in my craw. Assad is a mass-murderer, and gently caress Putin.

I mean yeah it loving sucks keeping him around, but what are the other options? Who is palatable, has support, and alive? I've got no ideas. If we push out Assad we just bought ourselves a situation worse than 2003 iraq. I honestly cannot come up with a better and realistic solution.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Russian officials bragged in conversations during the presidential campaign that they had cultivated a strong relationship with former Trump adviser retired Gen. Michael Flynn and believed they could use him to influence Donald Trump and his team, sources told CNN.

The conversations deeply concerned US intelligence officials, some of whom acted on their own to limit how much sensitive information they shared with Flynn, who was tapped to become Trump's national security adviser, current and former governments officials said.
"This was a five-alarm fire from early on," one former Obama administration official said, "the way the Russians were talking about him." Another former administration official said Flynn was viewed as a potential national security problem.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
gently caress :(

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nothing like a bit of espionage/treason. Have fun in prison.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Sorry, Shim. It always sucks when someone we believed in turns out to be an irredeemable dickbag.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Richard Bong posted:

I mean yeah it loving sucks keeping him around, but what are the other options? Who is palatable, has support, and alive? I've got no ideas. If we push out Assad we just bought ourselves a situation worse than 2003 iraq. I honestly cannot come up with a better and realistic solution.

Could be, but if we abandon the Kurds we really will be history's bastards.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeroisanumber posted:

Could be, but if we abandon the Kurds we really will be history's bastards.

We've got nearly a half century of extremely poor foreign policy choices under our belts. The Kurds are just going to be a footnote.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Unless all of the Rojavan supporters are massacred, I'm hoping there's either a forever insurgency there or they get independence.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Shuaibalmosawa/status/865728966434463745

Saudis might have lost an F15 over Yemen

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
RIP cool fighter jet

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If I'm not mistaken, that would be the first one shot down in combat. Ever.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

If I'm not mistaken, that would be the first one shot down in combat. Ever.

They have been shot down in combat (2-3 lost in desert storm at least), but none ever lost in air-to-air combat

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Strike variants have been shot down by surface-to-air systems before. The F-15 is undefeated against other airplanes.

E: :f5:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Strike variants have been shot down by surface-to-air systems before. The F-15 is undefeated against other airplanes.

E: :f5:

Ah yes, all of those air to air skirmishes we've gotten in since Vietnam.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Like Desert Storm, Allied Force, and the dozen or so Israeli engagements? Yeah. Something like 108-0.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Like Desert Storm, Allied Force, and the dozen or so Israeli engagements? Yeah. Something like 108-0.

Shooting down surplus Korean war MiGs while they're taking off doesn't count. Has the F-15 ever gone up against a fighter from the same generation?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Several MiG-29s. Mirage F1s, , MiG-25s and 23s, which are late 3rd-gen fighters.

But yeah. It does count, because that's air superiority. That's what keeps bombs off our guys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
They had mig29s in 91

efb

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

That's what keeps bombs off our guys.

To expand on this, aside from kill:death dickwaving, a fighter that can routinely find, intercept, and kill poo poo is very valuable compared to a plane that just roams around and wins fights it happens into. F-15s are pretty good at keeping enemy air off US troops.

OTOH, remember that time they shot down a couple of choppers while competing with Viper squadrons to get the highest kill counts?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You mean the Blackhawks that weren't squawking properly? Or crazy poo poo like the F-15E that dumped an LGB on a goddamned hovering helo?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That helo kill and an F-111 getting some dipshit to CFIT are cool as heck.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
You know when Alabama plays some poor D-II team as a warm-up and beats the dogpiss out of them? That's what we've been doing in the air for 25 years. And it's loving hilarious.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

You mean the Blackhawks that weren't squawking properly? Or crazy poo poo like the F-15E that dumped an LGB on a goddamned hovering helo?

wait what

are you telling me an f-15 dropped a bomb on a helicopter in the air

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

wait what

Yes. Metal as hell

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
F-15s can fly with 1 wing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMr4FV_J7_o&t=35s

https://theaviationist.com/2014/09/15/f-15-lands-with-one-wing/

quote:

The F-15 is not only a famous MiG Killer.

The legendary Eagle is also a very robust aircraft, that can survive some serious damages. As shown by a very well-known incident which occurred in 1983, in the skies over Nahal Tzin in the Negev desert, in Israel, during a mock aerial combat between two Israeli Air Force F-15Ds and four A-4Ns, when one of the Eagles, the F-15D #957 nicknamed ‘Markia Shchakim’, 5 killmarks, used for conversion of a new pilot named Zivi Nedivi, collided mid-air with one of the Skyhawks.

As explained in No Wing F-15, an interesting piece written by John Easley, Zivi didn’t immediately realize what had happened: he felt a big jolt and saw a huge fireball caused by the A-4 explosion, followed by radio communications according to those the Skyhawk pilot had successfully ejected.

He realized that the F-15 was badly damaged when the aircraft fell in a very tight spiral after a huge fuel leak from its right wing.

After regaining the control of the aircraft Nedivi was ordered to eject but decided not to bail out since he was confident he could land the plane at the nearest airfield, 10 miles away, even thought the F-15 was flying on vapors: he began to reduce speed but the missing right wing (that the Israeli pilot was still unaware of) caused a new spin.

Then just before ejecting, Nedivi decided to light the afterburners, gaining speed and managing to somehow control the F-15 once again.

Once he reached the air base, he lowered the tail hook, touched down at about 260 knots, which was twice the speed recommended for a standard landing, and managed to stop the plane about 10 meters before it engaged the Safeland Airfield Arrester Barrier.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's great and all. Let's not forget that the F-14 is God's true fighter jet.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
F-14 is so good only Iran still flys it. :911:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/865659133969575936

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That is kind of out of context without the tweet before it.

He is saying Kush is the 'significant person of interest' at the white house in the russia probe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that one i have heard and that dude owns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Two Finger posted:

wait what

It was on the ground when the bomb left the aircraft iirc.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
The only thing that can kill a F-15, is another F-15.
https://translate.google.com/transl...2585&edit-text=
(tl;dr is that in 1995 a JASDF flight leader shot down his wingman during air combat training)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You know when Alabama plays some poor D-II team as a warm-up and beats the dogpiss out of them? That's what we've been doing in the air for 25 years. And it's loving hilarious.

Cumberland v. Georgia Tech

• Locked thread