Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lbj not a finalist

Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rockets having two people nominated for "sixth man" is strange

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Lbj not a finalist

Shameful.

lbj is great

but kawhi really had a phenomenal season and dragged a terribly inconsistent team to the second best record in the nba. that's pretty cool

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Really want to see Lebron just school the warriors in the finals and take his place as goat

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
uhh so this is definitely Murder right?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I learned almost a decade ago that the regular season never matters, especially against Lebron

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

uhh so this is definitely Murder right?

ICC lawyers in the hague are looking at the Geneva convention

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is genocide

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Edit: not the gdt

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 20, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Congrats on cracking 30 points before halftime Celtics

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
view from boston's locker room rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p671JaPTdbI

p sure rocky dies in this version though

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This game is just unfair.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/status/865742549721415681

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Just give Cleveland the ECF trophy now

And LeBron in bubble wrap before Olynk starts injuring dudes

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Referencing the globetrotter theme song.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Just got home and thought - hey I'll put the fourth quarter on and see what's up. What the hell... I didn't spend league pass money to watch Jonas Jerebko versus Derrick Williams in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Getting swept is one thing, there should be another word or phrase for this kind of domination (i.e. getting blown out four times in the Conference Finals when you are the one seed).

tehchekt
May 7, 2007
something cool and profound

Quizzlefish posted:

Just got home and thought - hey I'll put the fourth quarter on and see what's up. What the hell... I didn't spend league pass money to watch Jonas Jerebko versus Derrick Williams in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Getting swept is one thing, there should be another word or phrase for this kind of domination (i.e. getting blown out four times in the Conference Finals when you are the one seed).

two years in a row now team vs lebron. Bill simmons will say 25-7-7 is the "lebron" but maybe this should be it..utterly demoralizing 1 seed

tehchekt
May 7, 2007
something cool and profound
this is what i imagine when people say "oh yeah Kentucky could beat the bobcats". Like this

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Kill me

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is beyond cruel. Can the Celtics just forfeit the games in Cleveland? Good loving god, I've never seen a playoff humiliation like this, much less in the drat Conference Finals.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

tehchekt posted:

two years in a row now team vs lebron. Bill simmons will say 25-7-7 is the "lebron" but maybe this should be it..utterly demoralizing 1 seed

Wake me up when the finals start - I'm going to bed...

And this is different to the West Finals where it's at least mostly competitive and would be much more so with a Healthy Kawhi. Also - SAS has not lost at home yet.

Lebron seems like he's eating the C's alive without even really trying.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This is the NBA version of Seppuku

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Once Lebron goes to the finals inevitably, there will only be three times since 2007 he wasn't in the finals (2008, 2009, 2010)

THE

loving

GOAT

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Once Lebron goes to the finals inevitably, there will only be three times since 2007 he wasn't in the finals (2008, 2009, 2010)

THE

loving

GOAT

mask on

gently caress it mask off

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LeBron already did

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

THE

loving

GOAT

Two of those missed appearances were at the hands of the Celtics too.

Really explains what's happening here in this series.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

You're already dead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super Jay Mann posted:

Two of those missed appearances were at the hands of the Celtics too.

Really explains what's happening here in this series.

If you really think about it they're also the reason he didn't win the Finals two years ago too

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
wizards would have won

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
At least Jaylen had a good game. :unsmith:

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I can't imagine what it feels like to be IT or Al Horford right now. Imagine coming home to your kids: 'how was work today daddy?', 'Daddy, does this mean you have to quit basketball now?' etc. Etc.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:allears:

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Lol. It's rigged by god. He created Lebron.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah Hibbert probably has the weirdest career arc of anyone I can think of. It'd be really interesting to see JV turn a corner on defense because he's insanely efficient in the post but as long as he stays in Toronto I don't really see that happening. He'll get sporadic playing time and almost none in crunch time. JV with a Carlisle-style Postion Whisperer coach would be a very interesting thing to see

There are two things to remember. He was on a very good defensive team when he taught the world verticality, he's not quick so he needs guards to be slowed on their way to the basket to move his body into the way. And two, he's been chronically nursing some injury seemingly forever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Someone needs to tell the LeBron widows they aren't helping.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/865767218210107393

Dude needs to go back and have them check a bit to the left after tonight

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
well, at least spurs/warriors game 2 is no longer the most embarrassing game of the playoffs :shrug:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RaySmuckles posted:

well, at least spurs/warriors game 2 is no longer the most embarrassing game of the playoffs :shrug:

Especially since there was a good excuse for that one.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This thread title is very appropriate tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sports Argument Stadium › NBA Playoffs 2016-17 G/V: Ever Hear About Dad Dicking

• Locked thread