Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved TIE Fighter. It simultaneously got me into PC gaming and Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KotOR 2 is the best Star Wars game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, apart from TIE Fighter

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Rogue Squadron (series)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

the good star wars game is commando
its good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i bought republic commando for two bucks and it's pretty alright

a cartoon duck posted:

My favorite Star Wars game is the one where Kyle Kataarn has a sword fight with a dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmD-HlPAVTw&t=539s

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I remember Republic Commando being really cool when it was new because it was one of very few games that handled AI squadmates properly

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KOTOR 2 would probably be nigh-legendary instead of just a cult hit if they had, y'know, actually finished it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the mod for kotor2 that re-adds the cut planet only for it to turn out it was cut not for time, but because it's the most boring thing ever created

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perhaps, had they time, they would have made it not boring

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i like the mod for kotor2 that re-adds the cut planet only for it to turn out it was cut not for time, but because it's the most boring thing ever created

if i replay the game i will not install the mod because actually playing through the droid factory is the pits

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

trying to make analogies to christian mythos like milton's paradise lost is weak af anyway. homura has very little in common with lucifer past face value. lucifer's rebellion came from his insatiable jealousy and pride; being God's chief angel wasn't enough for him when he saw how God looked upon the humans. homura never expressed jealousy toward the other girls, or hubris wrt her place in Madoka's heart. the details of these two fallen angels tell different stories so there's little to derive from comparing them.

i don't like tenuous comparisons w/ the aesthetic theism of madomagi when the series and movies already neatly play into Buddhist philosophies.

people insist on the Law of Cycles being a magical happy happy Yuri Valhalla with cake for everyone but the series implies Madoka won't have a physical place in existence. her being in Rebellion with Sayaka and Nagisa stems from Homura's memories and connection to Madoka, the person; same with the other two. think about the one-way barrier Homura's world had and the Clara Dolls' power as gatekeepers: when her tainted soul gem attracted the Law of Cycles and came into contact with it, the Clara Dolls were able to separate the girls from the 'physical law'. what Homura does later is merely an extrapolation of a power the movie shows she possesses.

Homura and Madoka's connection and the power Homura gained from it is why the girls of the LoC take form in the first place, and people conflate this with them having already been corporeal beings. They aren't—the ending for the girls is a nirvana-like existence, a salvation from suffering. in contrast to this, Akuma Homura is much more like Mara or even the Gnostic Demiurge. you see references to this in her witch form, Homulilly. e.g., in PSP game she's called the witch of Shigan, which is the Buddhist interpretation of the mortal realm.

I think a lot more western viewers would be able to come away from Rebellion with an even-handed view if they were more aware of these eastern viewpoints in play as opposed to the modern Christian ideas many of us are used to.

Gay Sex With HATS ON was cool, I appreciate the commitment to keeping the hats on

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/KASServerTF2/status/865556158739656704

:3:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

Gay Sex With HATS ON was cool, I appreciate the commitment to keeping the hats on

so you found the aki eda doujins then

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOxniYo7hA

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stexils posted:

if i replay the game i will not install the mod because actually playing through the droid factory is the pits

no i mean the other one

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ah so that's what that song is! I thought it sounded familiar

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-XhOLr6LlA

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DisDisDis posted:

You Can Leave Your Hat On

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-HKoUO9ow

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

no i mean the other one

that one sucked too but by the end youre so overpowered that soloing that planet wasnt a big deal. hk47 otoh doesnt have any force powers and uses guns and at one point is fighting like 15 robots by himself sealed into a single room with the doors locked

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

GorfZaplen posted:

Rogue Squadron (series)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Can't wait to play rogue squadron in hd in 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
anyone see that BLAME! movie on Netflix yet?

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Herbotron posted:

holy poo poo car boys

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i still have series yet to watch on my fire but i'm gonna put some more on anyway: moyashimon, kaiji (which i've already seen the first arc of), shugo chara, ROD TV, sweetness & lightning, tonkatsu DJ, space patrol luluco

no ironic choices this time around just gooduns

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rod the tv is not good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

rod the tv is not good

*cracks knuckles*

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voe1Oipf39U

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

El Burbo posted:

Why doesn't anyone ever translate Azuma's doujins

???

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

is that one even uploaded anywhere

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's been forever since i've seen ROD OAV and when i did it was the adult swim dub that they ran i think once ever

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Wow, the chat thread's sure been active, I wonder wha...

The real Lord Justice was inside us all along.

(Unsolicited ending of Rebellion opinions: could Homura not have just done all that without the brainwashing? Like just go, "hey, new rules: Madoka's thing happens automatically now, enjoy being alive again y'all")

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Goddammit. I'm barely into Fire Emblem and the RNG is already telling me to go gently caress myself

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It cost me $600 dollars to take this bad picture

I'm glad of my new good camera

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

Goddammit. I'm barely into Fire Emblem and the RNG is already telling me to go gently caress myself

It knows your pizza opinions.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

El Burbo posted:

It cost me $600 dollars to take this bad picture

I'm glad of my new good camera
someone teach this loser the rule of thirds hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's been forever since i've seen ROD OAV and when i did it was the adult swim dub that they ran i think once ever

the dub is good, probably rewatch the ova instead of watching the tv

• Locked thread