Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

JBP posted:

I was getting wrecked by Paarl and I sadly fired up bloodborne to try and beat it, only to discover that I had beaten it and a done a bunch of other poo poo whilst blazed.

I haven't smoked in almost 10 years, but maybe I need to do so because I'm hitting a drat wall with Marty Logarius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Xaris posted:

I haven't smoked in almost 10 years, but maybe I need to do so because I'm hitting a drat wall with Marty Logarius
He can be a bitch on the :darksouls: camera. You gotta dodge on his rhythmic timing. So yeah maybe you should.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Netflix has a bunch of really good shows and even the ones I don't like are mostly quality in their own right, good comedy specials and a good selection of indie film. It's well worth the price. Idgaf about Hollywood movies. It's rare I want to watch one and when I do I don't mind just paying $3 to rent it on demand.

None of the streaming services are good for having whatever you want at your fingertips. poo poo just doesn't work that way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Enjoy playing the the only Souls game that doesn't have a terrible frame rate on consoles

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

thanks B team

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

None of the streaming services are good for having whatever you want at your fingertips. poo poo just doesn't work that way.

We were so so close to having every anime episode streaming 30 minutes after it airs on tv in japan on one service and then amazon butted in I'm salty.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Why would anyone care about Netflix when Crunchyroll exists

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still waiting on the PS4 Filmstruck app.:smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Freak Futanari posted:

Why would anyone care about Netflix when Crunchyroll exists

anime is tragically lacking in horror, for one thing,

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

just looking at it a good source of that, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The first anime I ever watched was Vampire Hunter D

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

anime is tragic

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just finished Horizon. drat good game. Fighting humans never became fun though. I wish I could knock components off them with sonic arrows.

Some mysteries remain...or were they in lore stuff that I missed?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Just finished Horizon. drat good game. Fighting humans never became fun though. I wish I could knock components off them with sonic arrows.

Some mysteries remain...or were they in lore stuff that I missed?

No deliberate sequel bait. The space mission and its Apollo thats not corrupted just floating out thereness will be the goal of a sequel. In my theory.

And more.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

No deliberate sequel bait. The space mission and its Apollo thats not corrupted just floating out thereness will be the goal of a sequel. In my theory.

And more.
Horizon 2: Aloy in SPAAAAAAACE!

edit: Arrows may not be effective in space though, they wouldn't have airflow over them to keep them going straight.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Horizon 2: Aloy in SPAAAAAAACE!

edit: Arrows may not be effective in space though, they wouldn't have airflow over them to keep them going straight.

I'm guessing more. Send a signal to make it crashland on earth somewhere. But yeah

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In a vacuum they would just go straight forever, though...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Never gotten a plat; without further info on the ending does HZD's leave you able to finish up anything you missed?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yes, you can beat the game and then complete the platinum afterward.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Never gotten a plat; without further info on the ending does HZD's leave you able to finish up anything you missed?

Its a reload the save before the ending situation. So yeah.

you wont accidently initiate the final.battle. super not turn back obvious ARE YOU READY?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

In a vacuum they would just go straight forever, though...
They'd be affected by little twists in how they came off the bow though, without the air current over them to smooth them out. I mean, they will go in a straight line like everything else in space, just maybe not point first the whole way.

edit: I guess unless you're a video game archery god who can hit the eye of a watcher from half a mile away like Aloy.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 20, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in the hzd universe predator is canonical and aloy finds a plasmacaster, problem solved

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

It'll still be better then prey. Which is what if a poo poo game was in space.

Edit: sry Sanders I know you like it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Prey is a really good game :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

And more.

That's not quite right. The belief on Earth was that the ship went up in an antimatter pair-annihilation accident that ate the whole thing with nothing left. I personally reckon they went off fine despite some minor accident, and a ship from the colony full of human descendants packing modern weaponry with their own combat machines will turn up at some point in a sequel.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not quite right. The belief on Earth was that the whole ship went up in an antimatter pair-annihilation accident that ate the whole thing with nothing left. I personally reckon they went off fine despite some minor accident, and a ship from the colony full of human descendants packing modern weaponry with their own combat machines will turn up at some point in a sequel.

There was something that contradicted that that I found that implied it was just drifting out there. That screamed sequel bait

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

It'll still be better then prey. Which is what if a poo poo game was in space.

Edit: sry Sanders I know you like it.
I haven't tried Prey and didn't know if I will. I like idea but have a low tolerance for controls meant for a PC and badly optimized for consoles.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Prey is a really good game :)

Awww. No. No its not. Its a poo poo game 100%. It might be a good environment and have good microstories in it. But the game. Is poo poo.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I hadn't tried Prey and didn't know if I will. I like the setting but have a low tolerance for controls meant for a PC and badly optimized for consoles.

Do people share your AV? Cause someone with that likes it. My bad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Xaris posted:

You'll be hitting those parries like fuckin Neo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Logarius caused me no end of tribulation until I learned his second phase came with a loving Magneto barrier. I thought all my bullets were whiffing because of the slanted rooftop or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Logarius was the thing that almost broke my low SL (just enough strength to get the pile bunker and nothing else) run.

The other, weirdly enough was One Reborn because :negative:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Logarius was the thing that almost broke my low SL (just enough strength to get the pile bunker and nothing else) run.

The other, weirdly enough was One Reborn because :negative:

Isn't he optional?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, a lot of things are, but if you're gonna go for a low level run, might as well take everything.

And of course this was when the coffinjump existed so I could basically go straight to him right from the start of the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Awww. No. No its not. Its a poo poo game 100%. It might be a good environment and have good microstories in it. But the game. Is poo poo.

https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/865764284323708928

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wise words from the director of Ghosts of Mars and the Ward

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I know you did not just talk poo poo about John Carpenter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Carpenter has done some bad movies and and some great ones.

He also wrote FEAR 3....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Or 2, one of them anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

John Carpenter has done some bad movies and and some great ones.

He also wrote FEAR 3....
Yeah he wrote the fear with the only good plot unlike the game before that which ended with a cutscene where you got raped by a ghost, cool own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Real hurthling! posted:

Netflix doesnt have a good movie selection and i cant get into the long form dramatic shows anymore either now that the genre is getting so ubiquitous, so it was down to documentaries or comedy specials and i aint subscribing for that. Maybe when a i have a 3 year old it'll be worth it for the kids shows sans toy commercials.

I gave up my Netflix sub due to the lovely selection of movies. My wife and I are both in grad school and like video games so that takes up a decent amount of our free time. If we are going to watch something, it'll be a movie, not a TV show we have to dedicate 50 hours to.

We just use Amazon prime and rent whatever we want to watch if it's not on prime.