Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Hixalot posted:

Done.

Can someone please get me an invite to QGJ?

332-899-276

Same, please 272-472-778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderjelly posted:

Same, please 272-472-778

Don't be afraid to be a squeaky wheel by asking in discord too. Any lack of responsiveness isn't disdain, it's just that we're all ADHD autists with zero social awareness.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Are starting mods worth leveling up, or should I wait for good mods. Also, what mods should I get? I have luminara, sths, rg, boba, and lando

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
You should always try to level mods that are at least green on level one, and have a good primary and secondary stats. The right side mods, Arrow, Triangle and Cross have respectively the best primaries: Arrow->speed / Triangle->critical damage / Cross -> Potency/Tenacity.

Why you should only level mods with good secondaries on them on level one: See, mods get better when leveled, and on levels 06, 09 and 12 they either gain a new secondary or they roll on an existing secondary and it improves. The best secondaries are speed, so if you have a speed secondary, and you roll to 06, 09 and 12, the chance of getting the speed to increase is bigger.

Look at this vidyo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I think after I finish 7*'ing Kylo and TFP, I'm going to focus on improving my mods for my top 3 teams.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does anyone actually like mods?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

No. Maybe if they didn't require a spreadsheet to use.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
I like mods in principal, but working with them is a nightmare.

If they came up with a better way to manage mods in the game I would like them more. Maybe something like a mod set manager that you could swap between toons, or a better way to search your own mods for certain primaries and secondaries without having to go rely on swgoh.gg.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Also, what mods should I get?

It can depend on how you use the character but this is useful:

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Wirth1000 posted:

They could be fun if you could have different styles of play from different characters. I know this is kinda what they intended, but it's all come down to speed >>>>>>> everything else.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

MichiganCubbie posted:

They could be fun if you could have different styles of play from different characters. I know this is kinda what they intended, but it's all come down to speed >>>>>>> everything else.

:agreed:

I watched that video on speed and searched through all my characters for speed mods. A lot of characters that I no longer use like Talia and Chewie had some decent speed mods, like the five pip speed arrow on clone wars chewie. I removed them, and put my best mods on my top two teams, rebels and droid. Slapping speed all over my rebel team helped me get back to ~100 in the Arena.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
The devs were on a podcast and finally gave us spoilers.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111437/galactic-war-report-new-character-unveiled

I'm not going to listen to it but here is the summary people gave:

New Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum):
TAGS: Rebel, Attacker, Light Side

Description: Enduring Rebel attacker that shrugs off debuffs and consumes buffs to deal extra damage

OBTAINED THROUGH MARQUEE EVENT

Basic: Balanced Strike: Deal Damage to target enemy and gain Protection up (Up to 40%) for 2 turns, and grant the same amount to a random ally (This cannot affect the same ally multiple times) (This MAY refresh the amount on Ahsoka, not 100% positive)

Special 1: Meditate: Ahsoka gains Foresight and all other non-unique buffs on allies for 2 turns (Does not copy taunt), and gains up to 15% turn meter for each buff received. 4-3 turn cooldown

Special 2: Whirlwind: Ahsoka consumes all buffs and deals damage to target enemy, for each UNIQUE buff consumed, attack once more up to 10 times. ZETA: This attack cannot be evaded ANd the target has -50% armor against this attack.

Unique: Perseverence: Ahsoka is immune to Damage over Time debuffs and has 30% Crit Evasion, and dispells all debuffs on her at the end of each turn and takes 14-10% damage for each debuff (Non-lethal damage) Then gains 1-5% HP for each buff that Ahsoka has.

New Tarkin:
When Omegaed, Basic grants 50% potency, stacking until Ultimate Firepower is used.

Ultimate Firepower: Deal special damage to all enemies, with 100% chance to remove 50% TM. Gains Offense equal to double Tarkin's Potency.

Intimidation Tactics: Gain Potency Up for 1-3 turns, inflict critical chance down and offense down for 2-3 turns on all enemies. Cannot be resisted by rebels. Gain bonus TM for each debuffed enemy.

Tighten the Grip (Leader): Empire allies gain 30 speed. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during Empire allies' turns. This cannot be resisted.

Callous Conviction (Unique): Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency. Zeta: Gains 20% Potency per debuffed enemy."

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 19, 2017

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

https://swgoh.gg/u/diddler/collection/

My Zader arena team is struggling, and my Rex is between gear 10 and 11, so I'm gonna make a switch. What's the right team here? I'm thinking Rex, Chaze, STH and DN? I have mats for a zeta right now, and was thinking Kylo, but I've read he doesn't really slot into a Rex lead very well.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just got crushed by Palp/Wiggs/TFP/RG, so I think I did it wrong.

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 19, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Rex, Chaze, DN, +1 should work pretty well.

Zeta Barriss would be good for cleanse utility, but there's no reason Kylo wouldn't work on that squad.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Diddler posted:

https://swgoh.gg/u/diddler/collection/

My Zader arena team is struggling, and my Rex is between gear 10 and 11, so I'm gonna make a switch. What's the right team here? I'm thinking Rex, Chaze, STH and DN? I have mats for a zeta right now, and was thinking Kylo, but I've read he doesn't really slot into a Rex lead very well.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just got crushed by Palp/Wiggs/TFP/RG, so I think I did it wrong.

Rex/chaze/DN/Kylo is #3 on the meta report, so I think what you read is suspect. Also, anything you read that says Kylo doesn't fit in literally everywhere is suspect.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Rex/chaze/DN/Kylo is #3 on the meta report, so I think what you read is suspect. Also, anything you read that says Kylo doesn't fit in literally everywhere is suspect.

Wow, that works way better!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Paging Marl Jewel. Let us know if you're still active. Otherwise got a dude waiting for a spot.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

I wasn't caught up on the move due to some craziness at work. Disbanded after taking a commemorative photo.

My ally code's 537-989-169, would love a belated invite to the new guild for IGD.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I'm late! QGJ able to take me on?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jorge Bell posted:

I wasn't caught up on the move due to some craziness at work. Disbanded after taking a commemorative photo.

My ally code's 537-989-169, would love a belated invite to the new guild for IGD.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I'm late! QGJ able to take me on?

We have 1 sub-85 account in IGD right now, Inimicul.

Would Inimicul be okay moving down to QGJ to make room for Cool Mike?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

We have 1 sub-85 account in IGD right now, Inimicul.

Would Inimicul be okay moving down to QGJ to make room for Cool Mike?

QGJ is also full with a waiting list at the moment.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
how did we get back to this point?

loving hell. We needed to hang onto IGD, I think, for active alts and waiting-lists.

I think I'll make a guild tonight for this purpose.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

how did we get back to this point?

loving hell. We needed to hang onto IGD, I think, for active alts and waiting-lists.

I think I'll make a guild tonight for this purpose.

I thought IGD was still alive with alts, isn't it? Someone was talking about doing that.

Edit nevermind, didn't see Cool Mike's pic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I thought IGD was still alive with alts, isn't it? Someone was talking about doing that.

Edit nevermind, didn't see Cool Mike's pic.

No, the last guy in it just posted. He disbanded the guild and is looking for an IGD/QGJ invite.

Something Altful about to be crafted. Anyone got a better name suggestion?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have created a goon overflow/wait list/alt/new account/friend account guild.

PloGoon

Send my alt a friend request for invite:

ChumpSquad
975-163-885

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Dr. Venture posted:

The devs were on a podcast and finally gave us spoilers.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111437/galactic-war-report-new-character-unveiled

I'm not going to listen to it but here is the summary people gave:

New Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum):
TAGS: Rebel, Attacker, Light Side

another drat Rebel, great job CG :bravo: and not even a Jedi to boot, fantastic!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

another drat Rebel, great job CG :bravo: and not even a Jedi to boot, fantastic!

Yeah, still no Wicket or Mother Talzin. Disappointed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

She left the Jedi order before Order 66, bro. That's why she's still alive.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The best treatment of Star Wars is to not think too hard about it, but that is not what most people into Star Wars do.

I wish Mace Windu actually shatterpoints, or could expose the person of his choice, that'd be nice.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, still no Wicket or Mother Talzin. Disappointed.

We need Wicket. Ewoks were my first all 7* squad, and I might just be willing to buy him if he showed up.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MichiganCubbie posted:

We need Wicket. Ewoks were my first all 7* squad, and I might just be willing to buy him if he showed up.

Look at this thing you did. Just look at it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Look at this thing you did. Just look at it.

I feel nothing but pride.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I said it in discord and I'll say it again here: Gungan team.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Anyone who is rocking Zaul or Rex/Chaze lemme get your thoughts on arena:

My team right now is Zaul, Sassy, Emp, DN, Zylo. I could reliably get 1st until today when it seems every team switched over to having R2D2 with 1 or 2 zetas on his uniques as part of their Rex squad.

Are any of you Zauls able to reliably beat Rex (L), Chirrut, Baze, DN, R2D2 | GK (L), Chirrut, Baze, R2D2, DN | Wedge (L), Chirrut, Baze, DN, R2D2 | Wedge (L), Chirrut, Baze, GK, R2D2?

I have 40 zetas and I am pondering saving them for whatever the June fan fav is gonna be. However if I can zeta Savage and reliably take 1st I will do that as a stop gap. I legit tried to fight into the GK lead team above 6 times today and don't think I killed more than 1 character. R2 is brutal and too fast.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Anyone who is rocking Zaul or Rex/Chaze lemme get your thoughts on arena:

My team right now is Zaul, Sassy, Emp, DN, Zylo. I could reliably get 1st until today when it seems every team switched over to having R2D2 with 1 or 2 zetas on his uniques as part of their Rex squad.

Are any of you Zauls able to reliably beat Rex (L), Chirrut, Baze, DN, R2D2 | GK (L), Chirrut, Baze, R2D2, DN | Wedge (L), Chirrut, Baze, DN, R2D2 | Wedge (L), Chirrut, Baze, GK, R2D2?

I have 40 zetas and I am pondering saving them for whatever the June fan fav is gonna be. However if I can zeta Savage and reliably take 1st I will do that as a stop gap. I legit tried to fight into the GK lead team above 6 times today and don't think I killed more than 1 character. R2 is brutal and too fast.

I'm currently running Rex, Chaze, Zylo, DN. I only lose against Zaul teams, maybe 1 in 10, if I have super bad luck at the beginning. There are only a couple of teams running R2, and I've never had any issues against them.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Is there a goon guild for lower levels? I am in a fairly active one now but it is all 85s and I am tired of losing terribly on the high star raids.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Is there a goon guild for lower levels? I am in a fairly active one now but it is all 85s and I am tired of losing terribly on the high star raids.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Aleth posted:

I said it in discord and I'll say it again here: Gungan team.

Yousa mean wesa gonna overpay for lovely character packs?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I can't even do high level raids

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If you guys need me to move to another goon guild, I'm fine with that. I've enjoyed kicking the shins of the big raids but understand if you'd want to give that last slot to another 85. As long as I get into a goon guild that does some raids, I'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Anyone want to make a sub 85 goon guild? I'll join and give up my spot in QGG