Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Is it worth wading into the GDT for the Celts sadness?

you're asking is it worth it to watch boston fans suffer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

my wife went to Westport tonight with a friend so I guess I'm drinking enough to not be nervous about the inevitable firefight she's caught in the crossfire of

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I really don't want President Pence either. We'd be substituting insane buffoonery for malevolent competence.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tommah posted:

whats going on here

This has been the best week, everyone says it. Trust me. Winning, bigly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well you see everywhere else in the world is an echo chamber.

Meanwhile you are not allowed to post here unless we like you.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I really don't want President Pence either. We'd be substituting insane buffoonery for malevolent competence.

Everyone I talked to from Indiana says he's only malevolent. He isn't Trump levels of dumbass but Pense is an ignoramus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

This has been the best week, everyone says it. Trust me. Winning, bigly.

Dangit, you tricked me into posting in c-spam

Still though,

Ahem: "Snowflakes gonna need to find a new safespace".

Thank you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Everyone I talked to from Indiana says he's only malevolent. He isn't Trump levels of dumbass but Pense is an ignoramus

He's at least capable of cooperating with McConnell and Ryan and not blurting out idiotic crap that torpedoes their agendas.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

Remember how smart this guy was?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Boston down by 50 ahahahahah

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I will forgive Trump if he uses eminent domain to seize TD Garden, Fenway, Gillette and wherever the Bruins play, then converts them into nuclear waste storage facilities.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

I will forgive Trump if he uses eminent domain to seize TD Garden, Fenway, Gillette and wherever the Bruins play, then converts them into nuclear waste storage facilities.

Bruins play at TD.

And hey, given his lovely pissing contest with Canada you never know

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just realized Trump is incapable of stopping himself from going off script and will have the opportunity to commiserate with Muslim leaders about being the subject of a witch hunt.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

donald loving trump is the president of the united states and after a decade of overtly racist comments towards islam, and recently burning a mossad asset just to show off, he's in the middle east

like wtf how is this happening

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dude is funny, can act, can sing, can dance, and he's good looking

He was born to be a star.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Celtics lost by a shitload and the Donald got cucked...a good day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/sbnationgif/status/865754101681975299

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:flashfap:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That's a tweet we all can enjoy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

"Man"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oh man, is this fuckin' guy serious right now?

He JUST got to watch his 11 millionth superbowl and the greatest comeback of all time to boot... and he's crying because the poo poo Celtics didn't get further in an offseason they had no business being in?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chilichimp posted:

He JUST got to watch his 11 millionth superbowl and the greatest comeback of all time to boot... and he's crying because the poo poo Celtics didn't get further in an offseason they had no business being in?

For all you know, he's a Jets fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

and he's crying because the poo poo Celtics didn't get further in an offseason they had no business being in?

I mean, as I understand things they deserved to be in the playoffs and probably in the conference finals.

The NBA isn't the most competitive league in the world unfortunately, especially in the east.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, as I understand things they deserved to be in the playoffs and probably in the conference finals.

The NBA isn't the most competitive league in the world unfortunately, especially in the east.

Being competitive in the east is the ultimate participation trophy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My feelings on the last two pages:

-Avocado rules
-Coconut is gross. So is ketchup and ranch.
-Fresh pineapple is delightful. Pineapple on pizza should be a war crime.
-President Bush wasn't that bad
-I miss Obama
-Lebron James is the best basketball player ever and better than Michael Jordon.

Discussion topic: Grapes are great but grape flavored poo poo is heinous

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

a neat cape posted:

Discussion topic: Grapes are great but grape flavored poo poo is heinous

Counter: Cherry flavored stuff is much worse with rare exceptions

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

They didn't "deserve" anything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, the Cavs had to play SOMEONE in the conference finals

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

:stare:

I mean, props to him keeping the Rangers lovely for the Angels, I guess.

Unless we're talking Senior, in which case, shrug.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

They didn't "deserve" anything.

Well I mean they were the #1 seed and beat everyone in front of them. Who were obviously worse even if the Celtics struggled. So their prize is to get to the point where they can be utterly and completely embarrassed here?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Well I mean they were the #1 seed and beat everyone in front of them. Who were obviously worse even if the Celtics struggled. So their prize is to get to the point where they can be utterly and completely embarrassed here?

The Stef Curry Award

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well yeah. My only point is they've earned the right to get beaten so far into oblivion Isaiah Thomas shrinks so much he loses another 4 or 5 inches on every other NBA player of consequence.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Bush filled his administration with neocons, started two wars which will ultimately cost US taxpayers somewhere between two and six trillion dollars, created the conditions for ISIS to massively expand, permitted Americans to torture people, socked a few hundred people into Guantanamo indefinitely without trial, backed out of Kyoto, withdrew from ratifying the international criminal court treaty, retaliated against CIA whistleblowers (the Valerie Plame affair), "mission accomplished," extraordinary rendition, created a domestic spying program, cut veterans' health care, cut taxes for the rich, cut funds for UN programs that included family planning for impoverished people in third world countries, cut Pell grants, made it imposisble to discharge student loan debt in bankruptcy, believed in and promoted "intelligent design," saw the average middle-class income drop over 4% an 8-year period, as well as a 25%+ increase in the number of americans living below the poverty line, "doing a heckuva job Brownie", Terry Sciavo, avoided the press (fewest press conferences in modern history), and took over 1000 days off including a single five-week vacation.

The wars he started... it's impossible to accurately count how many innocent people he got killed, but it's probably somewhere between 300k and a million just in Iraq. Over 6800 coalition soldiers died, and over 900,000 coalition soldiers have been wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yeah, bush wasn't that bad, right? He was goofy and was probably a good guy to have a beer with. Sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

God why are your posts so long?!

Do HW next just in case though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

God why are your posts so long?!

Do HW next just in case though.

I actually try to keep my posts in this thread really short. Like you guys have never seen anything even approaching a "long Leperflesh post".

HW also attacked Iraq but he at least had a slightly better excuse (protecting, as promised by treaty, our well-behaved arabic islam oil friends from the arabic islam people we armed to fight the other (I think more persian than arabic?) islam people whose democratically elected government we helped overthrow) but he also betrayed the Kurds by publicly stating we'd protect them if they helped and then totally not doing that. He threw up on the japanese prime minister, and drove the country into a recession. He put Clarence Thomas and David Souter on the supreme court. He basically created NAFTA, which maybe you like or maybe you don't. He pardoned six people indicted or convicted in the iran-contra affair, including Caspar Weinburger.

But probably his most enduring legacy was that he's obviously directly responsible for the Bush boys, his cadre of terrible sons, who he obviously raised to be terrible assholes.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 20, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, bush wasn't that bad, right? He was goofy and was probably a good guy to have a beer with. Sure.

yeah

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like when W did a silly dance with those black people

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

George W. Bush: Bad president, good dancer, expert shoe dodger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am at the vet to get my dog's annual shots and this mean dog just barked at us :smith:

• Locked thread