Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The answer to the ratings slump:

https://twitter.com/sharpmagazine/status/865640727824314369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Jericho was on Busted Open radio. Highlights:

He was originally supposed to win the Universal title at Mania,
then lose it to Brock at Payback

Why is everyone glossing over this

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I guess it was before Goldberg caught fire.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Summer Rae was always good

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Enzo is so bad at wrestling that I'm surprised he was called up, popularity be damned.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Efexeye posted:

i think you lose the singalong poo poo if you make them heel, though

You could turn that into how the Rock would nail the crowd for doing singalong with him as the heel and

haha look at me trying to draw even the tiniest parallel between the Rock and Enzo Amore

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Why don't enzo and cass have a pun-based finisher?? I still like their promos which are like 70% puns. Where's the Certified DDT and the 7 foot drop?!

I had to Google their real finishers and they all look weaker than a big boot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's the same loving promo since debut and ever. What the gently caress does anyone see in them? They're dumb as gently caress and it's holding Cass back and he's limited as hell even now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gatts posted:

It's the same loving promo since debut and ever. What the gently caress does anyone see in them? They're dumb as gently caress and it's holding Cass back and he's limited as hell even now.

A thing getting a guy over who isn't ready yet isn't holding him back.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gatts posted:

The argument has already come up here before, but the New Age Outlaws had the same exact shtick for how many years? Too Cool as well, and you could even argue DX. When a catchphrase/entrance gets over in WWE, you run it into the ground until it's no longer over... then you keep doing it for a few years after that.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's funny, jericho said something in a shoot once about tagging with punk, and punk refused to tag him in because he thought it was unprofessional that jericho wanted to watch hockey instead of calling their match beforehand, and just call it in the ring. jericho confronted him after and said 'what if people paid to see me wrestle? you cheated them out of their money'

i imagine vince has a similar thing with acts like E and C or 2 Cool or whatevs

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

A thing getting a guy over who isn't ready yet isn't holding him back.

He's getting more and more dependent and used to Enzo getting over for the both of them and unless they plan on transitioning Enzo into a manager/hype man role for him, Cass is never going to be ready to do anything on his own.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Efexeye posted:

it's funny, jericho said something in a shoot once about tagging with punk, and punk refused to tag him in because he thought it was unprofessional that jericho wanted to watch hockey instead of calling their match beforehand, and just call it in the ring. jericho confronted him after and said 'what if people paid to see me wrestle? you cheated them out of their money'

i imagine vince has a similar thing with acts like E and C or 2 Cool or whatevs

i thought old schoolers -- and i don't know if jericho even properly fits under that term, but whatever -- always just "called it" in the ring. i respect where punk's coming from but i side with jericho on this.

anyway that's also why i'm about to suck off vince in a rest stop bathroom in new jersey. don't ask me to ask him any questions about booking. we don't talk.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bard Maddox posted:

wwe will squeeze out every ounce of enthusiasm you ever had about wrestlers you like, forever and always

Agreed, in the sense that they will make the most out of it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i thought old schoolers -- and i don't know if jericho even properly fits under that term, but whatever -- always just "called it" in the ring. i respect where punk's coming from but i side with jericho on this.

anyway that's also why i'm about to suck off vince in a rest stop bathroom in new jersey. don't ask me to ask him any questions about booking. we don't talk.

jericho also said that a few years later he caught punk tweeting about hockey during a ppv

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Consider it like the story of how DDP gave Chris Benoit a copy of the script for their match and Benoit ripped it up in front of him. Each had their preferred style of working out a match, but Benoit was a dick about his preference.

And I can see the things they wanted to go over being simple enough but important to work out, and being annoyed at a colleague for not wanting to prepare for your show.

The lack of concious decision to become bad does sound like the beginning of Summer Rae

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hmmm, but can she wear white cotton panties

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

He's getting more and more dependent and used to Enzo getting over for the both of them and unless they plan on transitioning Enzo into a manager/hype man role for him, Cass is never going to be ready to do anything on his own.

He's not particularly good at anything so what would he be doing to get himself more over right now? They have an act that works for their collective limitations, why gently caress it up? His development won't be stunted because Enzo does promos on TV, he's still wrestling on house shows where you learn a lot more.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

He's not particularly good at anything so what would he be doing to get himself more over right now? They have an act that works for their collective limitations, why gently caress it up? His development won't be stunted because Enzo does promos on TV, he's still wrestling on house shows where you learn a lot more.

He should be getting himself over in another line of work because the unnamed person in NXT who told Cass "If you weren't 7 feet tall you would have been fired a long time ago" was absolutely right. He's had six years of time in the WWE system and he barely looks better than he did in FCW so hey good for him that he lucked into another few years of a steady paycheck being the next Too Cool.

Sadly WWE needs the next generation of tall monsters for the up and coming babyfaces to be able to conquer and the only one showing any kind of ability to both work and get the crowd interested is Braun. In the end this is a condemnation of NXT and the Performance Center in general since talent goes in, spends years training, and come out looking no better for it while NXT has moved from 'developmental fed for the next wave of talent' to 'the place where you get to enjoy our recently signed mid-30s indie talent for 12-18 months before they get called up to the main roster, oh and maybe also watch these five Performance Center graduates in the undercard, who cares'

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 20, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

He is good at being tall

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CAnt teach that

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
https://youtu.be/OFJh2fkwD-w

Prince Pretty makes weird noises when playing Super Hot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

He should be getting himself over in another line of work because the unnamed person in NXT who told Cass "If you weren't 7 feet tall you would have been fired a long time ago" was absolutely right. He's had six years of time in the WWE system and he barely looks better than he did in FCW so hey good for him that he lucked into another few years of a steady paycheck being the next Too Cool.

Sadly WWE needs the next generation of tall monsters for the up and coming babyfaces to be able to conquer and the only one showing any kind of ability to both work and get the crowd interested is Braun. In the end this is a condemnation of NXT and the Performance Center in general since talent goes in, spends years training, and come out looking no better for it while NXT has moved from 'developmental fed for the next wave of talent' to 'the place where you get to enjoy our recently signed mid-30s indie talent for 12-18 months before they get called up to the main roster, oh and maybe also watch these five Performance Center graduates in the undercard, who cares'

WWE Developmental has shown very little ability to actually develop wrestlers so there's a chance he improves being on the road full time. If not he's an over undercard act, great. Raw is a 3 hour show, it needs things that are actually over.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

WWE Developmental has shown very little ability to actually develop wrestlers so there's a chance he improves being on the road full time. If not he's an over undercard act, great. Raw is a 3 hour show, it needs things that are actually over.

I think the argument can be made that Enzo is over (more specifically Enzo's rote promos), not Enzo and Cass. Cass has been a big stinky mess when Enzo has been hurt or otherwise not around him so I think the second Enzo is ready to be a singles wrestler Cass is gone.

Thankfully Enzo is awful and will probably never be ready for that so Cass can breathe easy that he won't be the next Titus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

I think the argument can be made that Enzo is over (more specifically Enzo's rote promos), not Enzo and Cass. Cass has been a big stinky mess when Enzo has been hurt or otherwise not around him so I think the second Enzo is ready to be a singles wrestler Cass is gone.

Thankfully Enzo is awful and will probably never be ready for that so Cass can breathe easy that he won't be the next Titus.

You can make that argument but it's pretty clear they are better as a unit than apart. Enzo is so bad in the ring that crowds would turn on him as a single and Cass is average and kind of bland (but not bad on the mic.) Put them together and they are workable. Enzo is further from being a passable single than Cass, so why change things?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WWE Developmental has shown very little ability to actually develop wrestlers
*remembers Dan Matha's debut*

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Gonzo why didn't you tell us?

https://twitter.com/wwedwwe/status/865207846954258433

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Bold move predicting she'll be on the card in 2046

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

good to know that alexa will still be around in thirty years

EFB

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa will have a longer and more succesful career than the entire four horsewomen

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just went to check on WWE Backlash and NXT Takeover tickets on Ticketmaster.

Backlash has a ton more tickets available than Takeover. You can still get ringside floor tickets to Backlash. They also haven't dropped prices at all on Ticketmaster for Backlast, even though the card is shittier. I can get a nosebleed seat for $20 to Takeover, and the same seat costs $80 for Backlash. I can get a on camera bottom of the lower bowl seat for $90 to Takeover, and they are charging $180 for the same seat for Backlash.

Kind of ridiculous considering how lovely of a card it is. I am in Chicago and would have bit at Nosebleed backlash seats for $20, but not $80 (+$20 parking again)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Try going to the box office and seeing what kind of discounted tickets they have. Obstructed view seats are usually pretty cheap and most of the time not very obstructed.

This is assuming you actually want to go to Backlash which is probably not the case.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah maybe see if you can get cheap tickets after the show starts. Seeing Nakamura and Owens-Styles is worth $20-30. I wouldn't stay for the main event though

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

If I were still in Chicago I would go if I could get cheap day-of tickets just for the possibility of seeing a Chicago crowd react to Jinder winning the title

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Love Becky continually ripping the booking https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/865661893221986304

Welp https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/865934935621853184

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alexa will have a longer and more succesful career than the entire four horsewomen

Never Becky. Never.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gif of the table not breaking in Hell in a Cell

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bliss's heel turn was two years ago today. https://twitter.com/ambriese/status/866033556644134912

As is NXT Unstoppable:

Samoa Joe's debut appearance too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That Sasha Becky match was really great

• Locked thread